Chapter 014

Start of Something New

The cafeteria, as usual, is filled with students from different levels. The only thing different today is the 10 chairs surrounding the three tables combined together. 

"Guys, have you seen Yena?" Yuri worriedly asked, looking at the only empty seat. 

"Why? Miss her already?" 

"O-Of course not!" Yuri defended herself. "I'm just asking because I know that she doesn't skip lunch."

"Maybe she went out to eat like Sakura and Hyewon." Chaeyeon guessed. Yuri just nodded and continued eating. 

The students and even the teachers of Enozi are startled when they suddenly heard a devastating scream through the pager system. But what surprised them more are the next sentences.

"Byung Soon, calm down!"

They all looked at the said girl and saw how pale she looked.

"Calm down? You want me to calm down?!? That girl... When will she stop ruining my plans?!?"

Silence.

"No matter how loud you screamed, that won't change anything... I know that Hyewon and that Sakura nerd saved the Gaming Team from losing and it is something to be mad for... But instead of lashing out, we should plan our next move... Byung, you're nominated for the Outstanding Student Award. And with your issue of spreading fake news about Hyewon a year ago, saying she's totally worthless when in fact she's actually a good gamer-"

Recognizing the voice, every student knows who it is: Seoyeon, Byung's right hand. The students are astounded by everything that they've heard but the professors are more. They know that those girls are mischievous, but they didn't expect it to be this severe. Attracted to what they would say next, they continued listening and it's like... one bomb after another. 

"Finally! We'll be able to play our ace... Jo. Yu. Ri. If hurting the girl herself won't shut her up, then maybe this will. What do you say Seoyeon? Should we beat her up? Pushed her down the stairs like her cousin? Or should we just... kill her?"

"Why not all?" 

Everybody gasped at the statement of the two respected students. Yujin, Chaeyeon, and Eunbi immediately stood up, ready to protect Yuri at any time. The others and Yuri herself remained calm but with a hint of worry. 

The recording has come to an end and they all thought that the show is over. 

"Surprised, Byung Soon?" A voice through the pager spoke. "Did you really expected that nobody heard you?"

The tone and choice of words might be different but the husky voice gave it away. It is Yuri who stood up this time, whispering the name of the person.

Yena.

"You know, I was about to just put some old files into the storage room in the building when suddenly, I heard a scream. I went to the third floor and guess what I found... a gold mine." The duck recalled, her voice clearly in a mocking tone. "Aren't you happy about my surprise? Or maybe... You want another one?"

Byung Soon's heart raced. She has already been exposed to the whole school, what could be worse?

"Why can't you answer? You have a lot to say earlier." Yena provoked. "You really aren't gonna answer, huh? Fine, I'll do it, then... Open your phones, ladies and gentlemen."

And just as told, the students took their cellphones out of their pockets and are shocked to receive lots of notifications. Byung Soon and her squad did as well and they almost fainted due to shame. It's the same recording... on the internet... across all social media platforms. There are a lot of hateful comments, thousands of retweets and millions of views. At this rate, it's almost possible that it can reach other countries. 

"Yuri, look-"

"Where's the pager system located?" Nako was surprised at the gal's sudden question.

"What? Why-"

"Just tell me where it is!" Yuri exclaimed desperately.

"A-At the Guidance Room... Why-Wait!" 

Yuri didn't even let Nako finish her sentence as she quickly ran to the said room. The girl doesn't even know what to say in front of the Choi but there's one thing that's sure. She needs to save Yena. 

When she arrived at the said area, she opened the door without knocking. Yena was startled at first but she then smirked recognizing who it is.

"Look... We have a guest-"

Yuri ran towards Yena and pushed the mic away from them. "Take the recording down."

"What?" Yena asked, confused is an understatement.

"I said take the recording-"

"No, I won't-"

"Yena, just please-"

"I said no!" The duck yelled, driven by emotions. "Can't you see it? This is our time to take revenge! Yuri, she already confessed that she almost killed your cousin... And she's about to kill you! She also humiliated my club, said hurtful words to Kkura and degraded me!"

Yuri just looked at her in the eye. She understands where Yena is coming from.

"They're not even bullies anymore, they're already murderers!" The duck then let out a sarcastic laugh. "I'm a coward to them, huh? I'll show them how much of a 'life destroyer' I am. And all of these... all of these are just the start. These aren't even enough... She deserves to rot in jail and to be tortured like-"

"We seek justice, not revenge or anything that you're thinking." Yuri held the other girl's hand and explained calmly. "Yena... listen to me. You're not a life destroyer, you're not like them... You're not a coward either. Actually, you are the bravest person because you had the courage to take them down... But not in this way."

"Yes, they've done wrong things, but that doesn't give us the right to pay back. Yena... No one deserves that kind of humiliation... even if she's Byung Soon. So please, please... take the recording down." 

************

Hyewon and Sakura opened the door of the Guidance Room and saw their 10 friends inside.

"Yuri!" Kwangbae immediately ran to her cousin and hugged her. "I thought something happened to you."

"How are you?" Kkura, on the other hand, worriedly checked on Yena.

"I-I'm fine..." The duck replied. "How did you guys-"

"We found out on social media. It's trending nationwide."

Yena just nodded, feeling a hint of guilt. Yuri seemed to feel it.

"But Yena already asked her connections to delete the video across the internet. I'm sure that it'll be gone after a day or two." Yuri informed. Yena looked at her and the gal just gave her a sweet smile.

"How 'bout Byung Soon and her squad? Where are they?"

"Don't worry about them anymore, Sakura," Yujin reassured. "The recording is enough evidence to invite them to the police station for... some questions."

"And if proven guilty?"

"Then we will finally get justice," Eunbi said, smiling. The other students, even Chae, is surprised to see Kwon smile.

"Yena," Hyewon called. "Thank you."

The lass gave her a faint smile. "I just did something I should've done a long time ago."

"And now because the problems are over... we need to celebrate!" Wonyoung cheered. Her cuteness made her friends chuckle. "Our parents aren't home. They're out for a business trip. What I'm saying is maybe, just maybe, we can have a little party... Right, Eunbi unnie?"

"..."

************

"Cheers!" Wonyoung said as she raised her glass of Sprite. 

They are now at the Kwon residence. After the incident, the school officials decided to dismiss all classes for the afternoon. The twelve headed directly to their 'party venue' after the announcement.

"Why are you so hyped, Wonyoungie?" Chaeyeon laughed at how the tall girl acts like she's drunk. "You enjoy this party the most."

"Of course, I do!" The girl replied. "Finally, Byung Soon's gone."

"Wait... Why are you so relieved?" Kwon asked in a curious tone.

"Me? Well-I... Umm," Wonyoung stuttered. "I-I'm relieved because... because Yuri won't be in danger anymore!"

"Is it really?" Yujin chimed in. "Or is it because you don't have a rival no more?"

The runner's remark stopped Eunbi in the middle of drinking and looked at Wonyoung.

"What does that mean? What is it?"

"T-That? Oh-"

"I saw Wonyoung on Byung Soon's party. She party crashed," Yujin cut off the other tall girl from reasoning more. "She's having a fight with her. Good thing I saw your sister or she might be bald by now by how hard Byung Soon is tugging her hair."

Kwon stood up from her seat.

"Is that true, Wonyoung-"

"I'll explain, unnie. Just don't be dramatic." The girl replied. She cleared and continued. "Remember when Byung Soon befriended me just because of fame? But then she embarrassed me in front of the whole school just because I'm... adopted."

Yuri and Chaewon looked at each other. Of course, they don't have any idea about this. 

"I was hurt, you know... And ever since that day, I just want to get revenge..." 

Silence took over the room. 

"Revenge will just lead you to nothing." 

They all looked at the person who just spoke. 

"It will just make you more miserable... Someone just told me that. She's the exact reason why I took the recording down." Yena just looked at Yuri before taking a deep breath and clasping her hand.

"You know what, let's forget about that tonight. I haven't eaten lunch so don't be surprised if I eat twice the amount I usually do." Yena joked before taking a big piece of steak from the serving plate.

The others just followed her. In that dinner, they are able to share a lot of stories to each other, able to know each and every person more. After the toothsome dinner, the group decided to have fun. Yena, Hyewon, and Sakura decided to play with Kwon's play station. surprisingly, they are able to persuade Chaewon to join them. Meanwhile, Hitomi, Nako and Wonyoung decided to have more chitchat inside Wonyoung's room. 

"Hey, Yuri..." Minju called and sat beside the said girl on the floor of the living room. 

"Minju... Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with Hyewon on the Gaming Room?"

"Shouldn't I ask you that first?" Minju questioned.

"I'm just... thinking," Yuri replied. "Thinking about the 'what ifs'... What if Yena didn't hear everything? What if I died? I didn't even get to spend my time properly with my family... with Hyewon... with all of you."

Silence. No one between the two even dared to say something after Yuri statement. Almost a minute has passed and Yuri just suddenly heard sobbing noises. 

"M-Minju! Why are you-"

"I-I'm sorry, Yuri," The girl faltered. "I'm the reason f-for all of t-this."

"What... What do you mean?" 

"The girl that Hyewon saved back then..." Minju started. "Yuri, that's me. Jae-hyuk and Byung Soon had a relationship back then. It is said that they're the most powerful couple. But when I came into the picture, Jae-hyuk forgot everything about it and decided to go after me. He... He dumped Byung Soon through text. Byung Soon, being the obsessive girl she is, can't seem to accept it. She found out that I am the reason for their break up and she decided to beat the hell out of me. That's when Hyewon came. If she didn't save me, I would have been resting in peace now... I'm really, really sorry for everything, Yuri-ah."

Yuri just looked at the other girl, agape due to everything she has heard.

"I... I didn't know that happened." Yuri replied. "No, Minju... You don't have to say sorry-"

"But I'm the reason-"

"They're the reason, not you. Also, I would rather see us in this situation than not seeing you at all because you're dead. You don't have to feel guilty or sorry, Min." Yuri comforted. "I understand."

 The two got involved in a tight embrace after the confession scene that they just had.

************  

"Hey, Chaeyeon," The feather fairy looked back at the owner of the voice and saw a tall girl. "Soda?"

They're currently on the veranda of the house. Chaeyeon accepted Yujin's offer and picked up the can of soft drinks from the gal's hand.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just to breathe some fresh air," Chaeyeon answered. "A lot happened for the past weeks."

Yujin just nodded at Chae's answer. They remained silent. Maybe it's because they're awkward with one another or they're just waiting for each other to open another topic.

"I already told you that Minju has been my friend ever since Middle School, right?" Chaeyeon asked after a while, figuring out what Yujin wants to talk about with her. 

Yujin just nodded as a reply.

"Well, I'd like to share something again." Chaeyeon let out a bittersweet smile while recalling her past. "That time, I am a very shy girl. I didn't participate in any programs in our school. And the only one who sees me dancing with my whole heart... is Minju. She's the one who pushed me to showcase my talent, to show the world what I can do. Without her, I might still be that unconfident girl I used to be. That girl... she's like a porcelain doll. Elegant, beautiful, flawless... but she's also fragile."

Chaeyeon looked up to prevent herself from crying. 

"Even if you hurt her once, only once, that thing will always be stuck in her mind. There's one time that I broke a vase that her father gave her before he died. Up until now, whenever we're teasing each other, she will always bring it up." Chaeyeon stared at the girl beside her.

"That's the reason why I told you to not cause any harm to her, Yujin... But you failed. I asked you to leave her alone because I thought that you'll bring nothing more but pain... But I was wrong. After the fight between you and Jae-hyuk, I realized that the old Yujin, who's ready to sacrifice everything just to protect her Minguri, is back. And I know that you already learned your lesson."

The taller girl smiled at Chae's remark. 

"Believe it or not, Chaeyeon, I already do. And it's a huge thing for me to be able to regain your trust back-"

"What about Minju? What if she can't give you her trust anytime yet? Or worse... What if she doesn't feel the same anymore?"

Yujin can't respond quickly. She hasn't thought about these things.

"Well... I know that I can wait for her 'til forever for her trust. And about the last question, she just has to tell me..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

"And I'll let her go."