Chapter 013

Start of Something New

"Sakura!" Hyewon called. The girl turned around to face her.

"Yes?" 

"Thank you... for trusting me." 

Sakura smiled as a reply, recalling what happened a while ago.

 

"No!" Yena shouted in despair. She took off her headset and looked at the teammates beside her. "Sorry, guys... I tried my best."

They are playing in the preliminary rounds of the Gaming Championship. They've only played for 23 minutes but only two out of five players in Enozi's team are left. The two gamers' foreheads are full of beads of sweat and their clicks from the keyboards are heard across the room. 

Hyewon, one of the player left, decided to hide her character behind the grass to take some rest. She looked at the Gaming President beside her and saw her eyes burning with passion. She actually has the chance to just look at these eyes she's been admiring ever since but now is not the time. She has to help Sakura. In a short period of time the president is training and practicing with her, she knew how important this competition is for Sakura. And losing in the preliminary rounds will surely break her gaming heart.

"Sakura..." Hyewon whispered into the girl's ear when an idea entered her mind.

"Focus, Hyewon. Focus." The girl tried to shut her up. 

"No, listen to me first..." Kwangbae pleaded. Sakura decided to hide her character as well.

"Okay... We have to win this game, right?"

"Of, course."

"Well, I think we can't do it if we're together. They will end up killing us both. So my plan is... You go take the long way while I'll take the shorter one."

"Are you out of your mind, Hyewon?" Sakura scolded her teammate but still in a whisper since their contenders are just right in front of them. "They are using the shorter way, too. If they see you, they'll run after you."

"Exactly," Hyewon smirked. "I'll lure them away from you. Don't worry, I'm good at running away from problems." 

"This is not the time for jokes, Hye." Sakura upbraided. "If you do that and they are able to catch you, I'll be the only one left. I can't win alone-"

"Who told you I was kidding? Sakura, you just have to reach their camp before they reach ours. I'll help you win by giving you an enemy-free path. Please just... trust me. Even for this time only." 

And that's the exact reason how Enozi team was able to outwit the opponent from the other school. 

"I should be the one who should be thankful to you, Hyewon... And sorry for hesitating at first." 

"That's understandable. The gameplay we did is actually risky. It's like now or never." Hyewon replied. "Also... the reason why I called you... Do you want to..umm... go out maybe?"

"What-"

"I just want to thank you for training me." Hyewon reasoned out. "My treat... How 'bout that?"

"I mean, I would love to," Sakura replied smiling. "Wait a minute."

She looked back.

"Hey, ducky!" Sakura yelled. "Hyewon will treat us for Lunch."

"A-Actually I..."

"Wait for a second, Hye..." Sakura said. "Sorry... Yena's hard to persuade, but I'll try."

"Oh, okay..." is the only thing Hyewon is able to answer. You only have the courage to ask her now yet you ultimately failed, she thought to herself.

"Is it only the three of us?" Yena asked, in which Sakura nodded. She looked back and forth to the other two Gaming Club members and gave a slight grin.

"I... can't go. I have to make Ms. Jeong sign these papers." Yena explained, holding a bunch of folders. "But you guys should go... Take it as a reward because you two saved our team." 

Sakura understood Yena's point and agreed to continue her lunch with Hyewon. Kwangbae, meanwhile, looked at the duck and Yena just gave her an 'I got you, bro' look.

"S-Shall we?" Hyewon asked awkwardly.

"Sure... Let's go."

************

"Argh!" The girl screamed in anger as she threw her phone across the Corregidor. All the other girls are surprised at her actions as she loves her cellphone more than anything else. 

"Byung Soon, calm down!" One of her 'friends' tried to stop her. 

"Calm down? You want me to calm down?!?" Byung Soon fumed. "That girl... When will she stop ruining my plans?!?"

The bully continued to punch the walls of the abandoned building inside the school in which they are right now. The other girls remained speechless and just watched as how their leader loses her sh*t, except for the one lady who stood up from her seat and held Byung Soon back.

"No matter how loud you screamed, that won't change anything." Seoyeon, her best friend, adviced her. "I know that Hyewon and that Sakura nerd saved the Gaming Team from losing and it is something to be mad for... But instead of lashing out, we should plan our next move... Byung, you're nominated for the Outstanding Student Award. And with your issue of spreading fake news about Hyewon a year ago, saying she's totally worthless when in fact she's actually a good gamer-

"I didn't know that she has that skills!" Byung Soon explained. "I didn't know that she's actually good in playing-"

"I know that you won't say anything that will get us in trouble... I know that. My point is, the student body might change their mind about you because Hyewon has proven herself-"

"No... No, it can't be... It can't be..." Byung Soon shuddered, clearly being haunted by her past. 

"Then we have to do something,"

Byung Soon, Seoyeon and the other girls thought seriously about their plan. It's actually amazing that they still have brain cells at this rate.

"The only way to bring our reputation back..." Byung Soon said after some time. "Is to prove that we are not wrong in the first place."

"What do you mean?"

"We have to find something that will scare Hyewon. Something that will force her to bring the Gaming Team to a downfall."

"You're wrong, Byung," Seoyeon said, smirking. "It's not something... It's someone."

The two looked at each other and they both let out a sinister laugh.

"Finally! We'll be able to play our ace... Jo. Yu. Ri." Byung Soon yelped in excitement. "If hurting the girl herself won't shut her up, then maybe this will. What do you say Seoyeon? Should we beat her up? Pushed her down the stairs like her cousin? Or should we just... kill her?"

"Why not all?" 

This time, the girls smiled widely at each other, not because something is funny, but because something's bound to get dark.

"Maybe we should also get her idea last party," Seoyeon suggested. "We should also punch her over and over until she begs us to stop. But of course, we wouldn't."

The building is filled once more with uncanny laughs.

"Oh, Jo Yuri... Enjoy your life today ... since it might -oh, no- since it will be your last." Byung Soon gritted her teeth as she thought of different scenarios in her head. "And you, Hyewon... You will regret getting in the way of a life destroyer. C'mon girls... We still have something to be prepared of."

And they finally went down from the third floor of the building to go into their next class. What they didn't notice is that they aren't the only one in the building. The gal closed an app on her phone after seeing the 'recording saved'. She glanced at where the squad was at a few seconds ago.

"Torturing another one? Hyewon... Kkura... and now Yuri. I won't let that happen ever again. A life destroyer?" 

The girl let out a low chuckle.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I'll show you how a person from the top of the pyramid can ruin your life... for real."