Chapter 007

Start of Something New

"You're here. Just as I thought." Yuri said while walking closer to the girl who plays the vi"You're here. Just as I thought." Yuri said while walking closer to the girl who plays the violin. "What is that? New instrument? So that's why you're avoiding me these days."

Chaewon looked at Yuri coldly for a second and went back to playing. Yuri felt the tension inside the room.

"You do know I'm kidding, right? Well, I know you're practicing other instruments for our workshops." Yuri said to which Chaewon did not reply.

"Um, speaking of the workshops... I already planned our next program. I'm thinking of having-"

"They backed out." Chaewon cut off Yuri's sentence.

"What did you say?"

"I said they backed out. Those three students who signed up for us, they're changing clubs."

"H-Huh? I-Is that even allowed?"

Chaewon placed the violin on the stand and stood up.

"We both know Enozi's system. You have connections, everything is allowed."

"But y-you won't let them, right?" Yuri asked. Chaewon looked down. "Wait, don't tell me-"

"What do you want me to do? Beg for them to come back? They said that they're changing clubs because their friends are bullying them about being in the most boring and uncool-" 

"Chaewon, I expected you to try!" Yuri yelled. If their so-called friends mock or tease them about doing the thing that they love, then they're not real friends."

Yuri turned around to calm herself a bit. She then walked towards the pink haired girl and placed her hand on her shoulder.  

"Listen... We didn't just bring this club back for fun. We have a purpose, remember? How can we achieve that when we two don't even believe? Chaewon, we need to fight for this club."

The musician looked at her music partner, sadness visible in her eyes.

"You don't know how much I want to. Music is my life, is my passion. I really want to bring back the Music Club that they once looked upon. But what if they're saying the truth? What if we're just dreaming? I don't know Yuri. I'm already tired of failing." Chaewon said before getting her bag and left.

************

"You can tell me, anything. I'm your friend," Yena reassured, trying to calm the other girl.

Yena was about to go to her class and decided to use the shortcut. She passed by the Music Club and found Yuri crying. 

Yuri just looked at Yena and tried to wipe her tears.

"I'm not crying, there's just something in my eye." Yuri reasoned. 

"Wow, that's a very new alibi." Yena sarcastically replied. "C' mon, tell me. Maybe I can help."

"How? Using your surname?" Yuri said without thinking until she suddenly realized what she said.

"I-I'm really s-sorry," Yuri apologized, scared enough not to look at Yena's eyes. The latter, on the other hand, tittered.

"So you already know about me, huh? Good for you, then. I... Guess I have to go now-" 

"Wait! I really didn't mean to offend you or anything. I, um, what should I do to fix my mistake?" Yuri asked which made Yena smirk.

"If you will tell me your problem, then maybe I can be okay."

"Do you really want to know?" Yuri hesitated.

"You don't want? Bye then- "

"Okay! Okay! Fine." Yuri jokingly rolled her eyes. "We're just... having a hard time in our club. No student wants to join, or if there is any, they are always having second thoughts because their friends are teasing them about being the boring club member."

Yena just nodded, analyzing her friend's case.

"I don't really want to tell you because aside from the fact that we just met, you wouldn't really understand-"

"What? Why wouldn't I?"

"Because... Your club is the 2nd coolest club and you'll just say that all of this is ridiculous."

Yena let out a hearty laugh.

"You really thought I'm like that? I thought I had introduced myself properly last time." Yena noticed that Yuri is starting to get uncomfortable, maybe because of embarrassment.

"Wait, I'm not laughing at you, just to be clear. And I would also like you to know that I fully understand your situation. We also faced that kind of problem back when our seniors were just starting the Gaming Club." 

Yena looked at the violin beside Yuri. She stood up and got hold of the instrument. She tried to play it, but as expected, it just made an annoying squeaking sound.

"Why would you do that?" Yuri said, slowly uncovering her ears.

"Told you I'm no good at playing instruments," Yena said before bringing the violin back to where it stood. "For me, music isn't boring. It's things without it that are boring. You've said that the Dancing and the Gaming Club are the top organizations, right? But have you ever thought... How can you dance without music? And games? Games will not be as fun as it is now if it's just full of graphics and no sound effects." 

Yuri was moved by the other girl's statement.

"Music brings everyone together. Music makes us one."

And with that sentence, Yuri suddenly thought of something.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I have an idea."