Special Chapter: Part 2

Start of Something New

"I'm home!" Sakura cheerfully greeted. She took off her shoes, put them on the rack beside the door, and continued. 
"Finally, you're back!" Yena groaned in frustration. "I'm so hungry now."
"Why didn't you called the room service then? Or maybe you can go downstairs and eat."
"You know how bad I am with the language," Yena replied, turning her computer chair around. 
"You've been with me since we're eight and you still don't get it? Kinda disappointing, Ms. Choi." Sakura teased.
"Stop it, will you? Just please let me eat."
"Can't you see? I just got back... I'm still tired," Sakura whined, throwing herself to one of the beds in the room. She then glued her eyes on the quiet girl lying on the other bed. "Hey, Hye-"
"I'm reading, don't bother me," Kwangbae monotonously said, not even giving the effort to look at who she's talking with. 
Sakura furrowed her brows. Reading? That so... not Hyewon.
"Don't you want to eat? There's a buffet downstairs, I'm sure you'll love-"
"I'm full. Now don't disturb me." Hyewon coldly replied. "If you want, just go there and leave me alone."
"But-"
"I said leave me alone."
That's it, Saku-chan thought. She got up and walked towards Hyewon, about to touch her forehead. 
"Are you sick, Kwangbae? Is it the time of the month-"
Hyewon forcefully closed her book, creating a loud thud. "Can't you understand!? I'm asking one thing, one thing!"
She bluntly took off the white blanket that is covering her lower torso and got up from the bed. 
"W-Where are you going?"
"If you can't leave," Kwangbae wore her long, black jacket. "Then I will. I'll just go get some fresh air."
"What just happened?" Kkura turned and asked Yena, who in return just raised her shoulders.
"No idea," She answered. "She also went out the same time as you and Chaewon did and arrived just minutes earlier than you did. When she came back, she's sweating and is already wearing that kind of face. She did nothing but lay there and read one of the books provided by the hotel."
"D-Do you think she has a problem?" Sakura asked again. 
Yena gave her attention to her cellphone. "Probably... I mean, Hyewon wouldn't be grumpy if not, right?"
"Then I'll go follow her." Sakura took her coat from the rack and went out of the door. "Hyewon-ah!"
Yena can't do anything but to pout and wail...
.
.
.
.
.
"... But what about my food!?"
************
The cold air of the night woke Chaewon from her deep slumber. She slowly moved, scratching her right arm. She tried to open her eyes and adjust it to the dim light. She looked beside her and saw Hitomi sleeping soundly. Chaewon smiled at the sight of the beauty. She took a long observation at her face, she knows she's going to miss this ray of sunshine. 
The musician sat up, careful not to wake the other girl. She stood up and walked outside the room she is sleeping in to get a glass of water. After the dinner, Hitomi's father didn't even say a word to them, and she knows that this broke Hii's heart to little pieces. Her mother advised them to just take it slow and to give her father time to absorb everything. And since their house only has two rooms, Chaewon is asked to sleep with Hitomi, which is something that the lass would never complain of. 

 

"What are you doing?"

Chaewon almost choked with the water when a manly voice spoke to her from the back. 
"Sir," The musician replied, turning and bowing. "I-I'm just drinking."
The man slowly nodded. He took something out of the refrigerator. "Let's sit there for a moment."
Chaewon followed the guy's command and sat on the stairs outside their house. 
"Umm," She cleared . "About what happened earlier-"
"Are you serious about my daughter?" The man asked, taking a sip of the soda he just took. 
"W-What?" Chaewon took the question as a surprise. "Oh, I'm sorry, I was just shocked."
Good thing that the moon is the only source of light there or else Hitomi's father will see her sweat like crazy. 
Chaewon took a deep breath. "I'm serious in pursuing Hitomi, sir. And I will do everything to prove you that." 
She looked at the man. "I know that it's something surprising to you... To know that your daughter is dating a girl. But please, please, let me be with her."
Hitomi's father can sense the genuineness in Chaewon's voice.
"I saw how much you love my Hii-chan. Traveling all the way from your country to here already says something. And I guess I was just bewildered to hear such news."
Chaewon nodded, understanding the guy's point of view.
"You know, Hitomi is such a father's girl. She would always run to me as a child and show me her drawings or if not, both of us will always practice her cheerleading moves together... But then she has to go to high school. She has always dreamt of going to Enozi to fulfill her dreams of studying and mastering her craft. I was against it at first, knowing that my baby has to live in a different country, with a different language, and alone. But she's so persistent about the school so I agreed in the end."
"And then she came back after two years, all grown up. I took a glance at her and realized that she's not the kid I used to take care of anymore... She's already a lady in the making. She can live on her own now without having trouble, so I thought, she doesn't need me anymore." He looked at the glistening moon, half-heartedly smiling. "Maybe that's the reason why I was upset. Now that she has you, I will totally lose my purpose. I'm just... scared."
"But, you don't have to, sir," Chaewon replied, slowly putting her hands on the man's right shoulder, causing him to look at her. "I won't take your place... I'll help you. I will promise to protect her when you're not around and to comfort her when you can't. I'll be your right hand, her knight in shining armor if you must say. You don't have to be afraid about anything, sir."
This time, Hitomi's father let out a real smile. "Thank you, Chaewon... I guess my daughter picked the right girl."
"Yes, she has great taste, too." 
The man laughed at the girl's remark. Chaewon is relieved that her kind of humor amazes the guy. "On the serious note, I think you and Hitomi need to talk, sir. She's heartbroken to see your reaction earlier."
"I really have to," The man answered. "Nothing to worry about... That's the first thing I'll do tomorrow."
Chaewon smiled and clasped her hand. "Thank you, sir."
.
.
.
.
.
"Call me Dad."
************
"Hyewon-ah!" Sakura yelled, stopping when she's just a meter away from the other girl. 
"Why did you follow me?"
"I'm here to... To talk to you," Kkura said, catching her breath. 
Hyewon doesn't seem to hear her and is still making Sakura face her back. "What do you need?"
"I-Is there something wrong?" Saku asked. "You know you can talk to me right? We're not partners in crime for nothing."
Kwangbae lightly chuckled. "Partners in crime, huh?"
"What?"
"You're going to fight that 'partners in crime' label?"
"Huh? S-Sorry, I don't-"

 

"What are we really, Sakura?" 
 

The girl being asked was dumbfounded. she stood there, frozen.
"I thought you want to know what my problem is?" Hyewon turned to her with a tear-stained face. "You can't answer? Just as I thought-"
"W-Why are you asking that? I'm so confused-"
"Are we together? Are we not together? Sakura, I am the one confused right now! You made me double think everything!" Hyewon exclaimed. "You always say that we're partners, but I think it's just on games-"
"Kwangbae, we are partners! What made you think-"
"Because I saw you two!" Hyewon raised her voice, tears started flowing again. "I followed you and that Jurina. I did that to make sure that you'll be safe but guess what? You're so comfortable with her to the point that you just let her kiss you!"
Silence. Sakura didn't know how to react. And even if she does, she doesn't know how to explain.
"Yes, I saw you... Surprise, surprise~" She sarcastically answered.
"H-Hyewon, Hyewon let me-"
"Explain?" No need, Kkura-ya," Kwangbae said, shaking her head. "I just don't get why you would lie to me... Sakura, I believed in you! I thought that you might have feelings for me, too... I'm so stupid right now to think of that."
Saku's heart shattered. The strong, tough Kwangbae, crying because of her. She's the one who's stupid, not her, she thought.
"You could've just said that I don't stand a chance! You could've just said 'leave me alone' instead of letting me dream of being with you! Just say it, Kkura-ya... Tell me that you don't want me-"
"I don't want to!" Sakura responded, misty-eyed. "I don't want to because I love you, too!"
Kwangbae's mouth fell agape. "... Y-You what?"
"I said that I love you, Hyewon... Are my efforts not enough to make you feel that?" The gamer president said, sniffing. 
"B-But the kiss-"
"It's okay for girls to kiss each other in Japan, Hye... And Jurina thought that it's fine since we're really close friends. I was shocked, too, I swear. And if you saw us, you will see that I did not kiss her back, that I didn't reciprocate anything!" 
Hyewon took a step back, her knees falling weak. She didn't see it since she already ran away. 
Sakura brushed her hair up, slightly tugging it due to stress and frustration.
"You noticed that one simple kiss yet you didn't even bat an eye when I was giving you my all... You don't like that kiss!?" Sakura then bluntly smudged her lips, her hands full of lip tint after. "Now, it's gone. Is there anything more!? And why would I do that!? Can't you really see how I am so into you!? Are you blind, Kang Hyewon!? Or maybe you're just numb."
Kwangbae felt her stomach churned from guilt. The tables have turned, it is now Sakura who is mad and is sobbing to death. Normally, it was she who is more of the guy in the relationship. But this time, she felt so, so small. 
Step by step, she walked towards Sakura, looking down. And when she was finally in Kkura's reach, the first thing the president did is to lock her between her arms.
"I'm sorry," Hyewon whispered, still looking down. She doesn't dare to hug Sakura back because of embarrassment. "I'm sorry... I'm really, really-"
"Shhh," Kkura cooed her, patting her back. She took a deep breath. "It's my fault, too. I let that happen and then I lashed out on you. I should not blame you for anything."
"But still," Hyewon released herself from the hug, looking at Sakura's face who is only inches away. "I shouldn't have jumped into conclusions without asking you. I guess that's what jealousy does."
"It's fine... Just don't do that again." Sakura assured her. Silence filled the air, both of the girls thinking if this is the right time to bring their relationship to the next level.
"So," Hyewon bit her lip. "I-Is that true? You... have feelings for me, too?"
Sakura turned crimson red at the question. The raging Sakura is gone and the softie Kkura is back. 
"D-Don't make me repeat it, you know I'm not that clingy and cheesy type." She reasoned out. Hyewon, even though in a heavy atmosphere right after their small conflict, can't help but giggle at Sakura's cuteness.
"But... I am that clingy and cheesy type," Hyewon wiped her tears and pouted. "C-Can you repeat it?"
"I... I love you, Hyewon," Sakura mumbled. 
"Louder, please."
"I-I love you, Hyewon."
"What?? I can't-"
"I love you, Hyewonie!" Sakura yelled in annoyance, covering after realizing what she did. 
Hyewon laughed, clearly winning. "That's my girl right there."
"Y-Your girl?"
"Yeah, I'm claiming you," Hyewon said proudly. "... Unless you don't want to?"
"I-It's not like that, I... I just thought you might want to ask me first."
"Oh, sorry," Hyewon apologized. She then took both Sakura's hands. "Miyawaki Sakura, the best gamer ever, the cat who stole this hamster's heart, the girl who screamed that she loves me just a while ago, will you let me take care of you? Will you take the risk of being with me?"

 

And after taking a deep breath, she asked, "Will you be my girlfriend?"


 

"Hey!" Hyewon yelled, following Sakura who just ran after the question. When she reached her, Kwangbae put her arm around Sakura's shoulder, making the girl blushed harder than before. 
"You did not answer me but I'll take that as a yes," Hyewon informed. 
"Nice thinking," Sakura nodded, grinning at Kwangbae from ear-to-ear. "That kiss did help, right?"
"It kinda did... But still," Hyewon stopped in her tracks and looked at Saku-chan. "I'm kind of on the jealous type... Not that possessive though, just enough. I'll let it pass for now but I don't want that to happen again. I don't want to see you kissing other girls."
"Don't worry, that won't happen," Sakura reassured her. "Besides..."
.
.
.
.
.
"Why would I seek kisses from others when I have yours all to myself?"