Chapter 021

Start of Something New

"Yena..." Yuri whispered before running towards the mentioned girl.

The hamster was discharged that very night, but she promised herself to visit her two heroes until they're fine. Fortunately, Yuri received a call earlier from Sakura, informing her that Yena has finally gained consciousness. She didn't waste any time and immediately went there. 

"Y-Yuri-"

The duck didn't have the time to continue her sentence because the hamster had already attacked her with a hug. Yena weakly smiled, hugging her back while gently tapping the back of her head.

"I'm glad you're finally fine," Yuri said in between their hug. 

"Y-You missed me?" Yena joked even though she's still having difficulty with speaking. 

The duck is expecting a 'tch' from the girl since it's her favorite word to reply every time she's teasing her. But instead, she received an unusual sound: sobbing noises. 

"H-Hey, why are you crying?" Yena innocently asked.

"How can't I?!?" Yuri replied, tears still flowing. "I thought it's going to be a long time before you wake up... I-I'm sorry, Yena... Sorry if you have to experience all of that because of me."

And she continued to cry, not until the duck signaled her to stop by wiping it with her own hands.

"W-What? No, no..." Yena comforted. "I'm the reason why I'm here. I-I had the chance to run and do not help but-"

"But you chose me," Yuri continued. The duck slightly nodded. 

"A-And I would never regret that." Yena gave a faint smile. "So please don't blame yourself. You're not at fault at anything."

Yuri was relieved. She gave the duck another hug, mumbling thank you multiple times.

"It's funny you know," Yena said as they released each other from the tight embrace. "S-Something bad happens every time we're going out... Is that supposed to be a sign or what?"

The hamster chuckled at this question.

"Don't worry," Yuri said. "Next time won't be the same."

"N-Next time?"

"Why? Don't you want to?"

"N-No, that not what I-"

"I mean if you don't want to-"

"I love it... I-" Yena finally said without stammering. "I-I love you."

"Okay, that's enough you two," Sakura, who is there even before Yuri arrived, chimed in. 

Yuri turned her head to face the girl and saw that Kkura's eyes are a bit swollen, probably due to stress and lots and lots of crying. 

"Y-Yah! Can't you see she's about to answer?"

"Don't use your condition to blackmail her."

"I-I'm not!" Yena said, pouting her lips after.

Sakura just laughed it off. This is the normal conversation for them, and she missed it.

"B-By the way, how did they found us?" Yena asked, changing the topic. "The last thing I remembered is Jae-hyuk trying to do something to you. What happened? Did they-"

"Yena, relax," Yuri answered. "No, they didn't get the chance to hurt me because... Yujin arrived."

"Y-Yujin? H-How?"

The hamster nodded.

"Long story... The important thing is along with Eunbi unnie and Chae, she saved the two of us... But it didn't end up the way they planned. Jae-hyuk beat the hell out of her and her life is at stake. She's in the ICU until now, still critical." 

"W-Where is that monster now? D-Did he escaped?"

"No," Yuri said as she shook her head. "He was shot at the back, near his heart. The doctors tried everything to revive him but his organs are too weak because of his smoking and drinking habits... He's gone now."

"Wh-"

Yena was interrupted by the sudden opening of the door. Events happened quickly, the next thing she knew is being trapped in the arms of five girls. 

"You made us worried, you know!"

"You're finally awake!"

"We missed-"

"Guys, I can't breathe!"

And that's the time that they released Yena from the hug.

"Wow, I'm getting so many hugs today..." The duck kid. "Why would you miss me? I mean, it's just a day..."

"A terrible, horrible day, to be exact," Chae replied. "Of course, we all miss you... You're a friend to us."

Yena smiled because of the sweet remark. But the smile was replaced with a confused gaze.

"Wait, if you all miss me then why are we incomplete? Where are the others?"

"Oh, you mean Minju? She's in Yujin's room. She said she can't leave her alone but she also misses you, trust me."

"And Chaewon and Hitomi?"

No one answered. Even Yuri is waiting for their reply because she didn't saw Chaewon anywhere.

.

.

.

.

"Well..."

************

Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

"Aish!!"

Chaewon bluntly took off her headphones. She's on the process of producing a song but the noise is bugging her so much to the point that she's already losing focus. She stood up, went outside her room, and walked towards the main door of their home. 

"Wait, can you?!?" She yelled, annoyed. 

"Who-"

"Why are you so slow to open the door?!?"

After knowing what happened the last time they went to Chae's house, Yuri hurriedly went to her friend's house. Chaewon was surprised to see her since the last time they met was two days ago.

"Yuri? What-"

Chaewon didn't get to finish her sentence because Yuri had already entered her home. The girl walked around like she's the owner of the house. 

"What are you doing here?" Chaewon said, following her. Instead of answering, Yuri replied with another question.

"How's life? Must be sad isolating yourself, right?"

"What do you mean?"  The musician said with a confused and annoyed tone, clearly losing patience. "And can you answer me? What the hell are you doing-"

"I know you, Chaewon... I know you're badly hurt by Hitomi's announcement so you locked yourself up-"

"I said I'm not isolating myself-"

"Then why didn't you visited me in the hospital?!?"

Chaewon was left speechless.

"You're in the hospital? Are you sick-"

Yuri stopped in her tracks to face her friend.

"I was ing kidnapped! Yena and Yujin were beaten up and both of them are still in the hospital!" Yuri lashed out. "Now tell me you're not isolating yourself."

Another round of being speechless. 

"K-Kidnap? Who did that to you?!?" Chaewon said, following Yuri who continued her walk again. "Yuri, tell me what-"

"That's a long story, Chaewon. Aside from I don't want to remember it again," Yuri entered Chaewon's room as soon as she arrived in front of it. "We have no time left."

"W-What do you mean-"

"Hitomi's flight is only one hour from now," Yuri said, now in front of Chaewon's wardrobe, throwing every single clothing just to find something nice. "The both of you need to clear things-"

"Why do I need to talk to her?? And can you please stop-"

"Chaewon, you can fix these clothes anytime!" Yuri blurted. "But Hitomi? You only have one chance left."

The musician rolled her eyes.

"Why do I even need to talk to her? She's going to leave me anyway-"

"Of course, she'll leave! You're being mean to her and you want her to stay? Are you kidding me?!?" 

Yuri then forcefully gave Chaewon jeans and long sleeves shirt. 

"Wear this."

"No."

"Chaewon, just follow me-"

"I said no!" The musician raged. "Yuri, I'm her best friend yet she lied to me! I asked her multiple times, I even tried to open the topic so it will be easy for her but she declined! Do you think it will be easy for me to forgive her after all of that?!?"

Yuri knew it. It's just isn't about Hitomi flying off the country.  

"I understand that she's leaving... I get the whole thing. But her lying and trying to hide it until she can't anymore? I just... don't get the point." Chaewon said, looking down.

.

.

"You love her, right?" Yuri asked out of the blue.

Chaewon didn't know what to answer.

"Admit it, Chaewon. You love her, right?"

"I... I do," The other girl answered.

"If you love her then why didn't you confess? Why didn't you told her?"

"Because," Chaewon started to realize where the conversation is going. "B-Because I was scared."

Yuri gave a faint smile.

"Maybe that's the same reason why Hitomi tried to hide it from you. She's scared of what can happen, scared that it may ruin your friendship. But look at the two of you now. Look at where fear brought you."

The hamster rested her hand on Chaewon's shoulder as if consoling her.

"I'm going to ask this to you because I don't want you to regret anything," Yuri stated with seriousness. "Do you really want her to go without knowing your feelings?"

Chaewon remained silent. Instead, she balled her fists. Yuri understood this gesture.

.

.

.

.

.

"Don't let anger or fear eat you. Tell her everything... You won't know when it's already too late."

***********

12:53 pm

The time has come. Hitomi looked around once more. She's definitely going to miss the place, the food... the people. She checked her phone and saw that her friends have privately messaged, wishing her good luck on the next chapter of her life. All except one.

She knew that waiting for that person text her would take a lifetime. She hates you now, Hitomi thought to herself. She stood up from the airport's cafeteria and walked to go back to the waiting area and board her plane when...

.

.

"HIICHAN!!"

A familiar voice caught her and other people's attention. She turned around to see whoever is calling her but as she faced the other direction, she's surprised to see who it is.

"C-Chaewon??" Hitomi was startled. "W-What are you doing here?" 

"I-I need to t-talk to you." The musician replied, panting. They're a few meters apart but they can sense each other's nervousness. 

"N-Now? I... I can't. Sorry, Chaewon, but my flight is already boarding passengers. I should go now or else-"

"I love you." 

.

.

"Y-You what?"

"I-I said I have feelings for you," Chaewon confessed. "Someone told me that this is my last chance and that I should never let you go without letting you know so..."

Chaewon took a deep breath.

"I know that this would not be the sweetest place and time to tell you but... I like you, Hitomi. Ever since the day I accompanied you going home. And I'm really sorry about everything..."

Chaewon took a step forward.

"For being a coward and not telling you what I feel, for lashing out the last time we talked, for not talking to you for the past days... For everything. I-I understand you now... I know that it's also hard for you yet I didn't even let you explain. I only thought about myself. I-I'm really, really sorry." 

"I know that I might not be deserving of your forgiveness, you can give that to me or not, it's up to you... But at least I've already told you what I feel and I won't regret a thing, right?" Chaewon mumbled. "I... Good Luck with your life, Hiichan. I wish... I wish you can find someone better."

And with that, Chaewon turned around and walked away. 

The musician clenched her jaw. This is not what they had in mind. The plan was to confess and to at least try to make her stay. But in the middle of apologizing to Hitomi, she realized that maybe, just maybe... she's not really deserving of the girl. She doesn't know if she'll even be enough for the cheerleader. 

Her fear and cowardice swallowed her heart and mind to the point that Chaewon is left without any other option but to walk away. She knows she wasted the chance and that she can't bring it back anymore. The only thing to do is to forget.

She's already outside the airport, waiting for a cab when suddenly, she received a call. 

 

Hii-chan :))

 

Chaewon became nervous. Should I answer her? She hesitated. But at the back of her head, someone is telling her to man up and to not waste chances anymore. She picked up the call.

"H-Hello-"

"Who told you to walk out on me just like that?" The girl answered, her voice unclear. Chaewon seemed to notice it and asked her.

"A-Are you somehow... crying?" 

The girl didn't answer. 

"H-Hitomi, is there something wrong?" Chaewon waited for an answer. "Hey, what's the matter?"

She's about to call her again when the gal gave her a surprising answer.

"I love you too, Chaewon," The cheerleader admitted. The musician is startled, she didn't imagine hearing that from her. 

"What did you just-"

"I said I love you, too."

Chaewon's eyes widened. She's not dreaming! She immediately went back inside, wanting to get a glimpse of the girl, only to find out that Hitomi's nowhere.

"H-Hello, Hii? W-Where are you? I'll find you... Please-"

"I'm already inside the waiting area," Hitomi replied. "I-I love you, Chaewon... So much... But my family needs me more right now. I-I can't just leave them. I-I'm sorry."

Silence.

"Leave... Just go," It's the same thing Chaewon said to Hiichan the last time they met. But this time, it sounded more sincere. 

"Please don't get mad-"

"I'm not mad, Hitomi. I'm really telling you to board the plane." The musician explained. "You're right, your family needs you. And I don't want to ruin your relationship with them."

"T-That's why you're letting me go?"

"Yes..."

.

.

"... For now."

"What-"

"I'l; contact you no matter how far you are... I'll wait for you. But can you also promise me one thing?" Chaewon pleaded. "Can you promise me you'll come back?" 

Hitomi let her tears flow after the other girl's request. Even though they can't see each other, the cheerleader nodded as if agreeing.

"I-I will, Chaewon. I promise..."

"And when that time comes, I'll give you reasons to be mine," The musician said, preventing herself from being a mess just like the other gal. "If that's a deal then don't waste your tears now. Save that the next time we meet..."

.

.

.

.

.

"I'll see you soon, Ms. Cheerleader."

**********

Hello guys! 

Sorry if the chapter is not as good as you expected :(( Nonetheless, please share your thoughts on the comments...

I'm also going to ask a favor from you all... We're going to use this for the finale (which is two chapters from now)

Imagine you are one of the characters and you're playing truth or truth (basically Q and A lmao) with the other girls. What would you ask?

And also (this is the last one, I promise lol) I'm going to write another AU here so please wait for it :))

I know you're just reading this for the teasers so here it is:

Teaser #1:

She flinched. She's finally awake.

Teaser #2:

"Now I know why you liked Yujin... You're both numb."

Please look forward to the next update!!