Chapter 005

Start of Something New

"Minju..." Yujin called. 

They are now in the school garden since the two decided to talk in private. God knows how awkward the trip to the garden is. And even though they arrived there, no one had the courage to speak. Ten minutes have passed, the two just standing and looking away from each other when Yujin decided to start the conversation.

"Just talk, Yujin. Be straightforward. I don't want any sugar-coating," Minju replied in a monotone. Yujin took a deep breath.

"Min, I know you still don't want to talk to me but I just want to say that... I'm sorry." 

"Sorry for what?" Minju asked, acting to be clueless.

"For... everything," Yujin said with a sense of guilt. "For lying to you, for lashing out, for trying to be friends with Jae-hyuk. I just... I thought that maybe if I'm as powerful as him then... I can protect you better." 

Minju slowly looked at Yujin. It's the first time she heard the girl's explanation and she was shocked that she was the reason for everything.

"But I was wrong." Yujin continued, looking down. "In the process of achieving this so-called greatness, not only did I lose you, but I also lose myself. You're right that night. I'm not the Ahn Yujin that protected you, that you loved. I was blinded by the power that I forgot the reason why I did all of those in the first place."

At this moment, Minju didn't notice that she was getting teary-eyed by seeing Yujin sobbing and full of regrets. 

"And you opened my eyes, Minju. You don't know how much I wanted to talk to you. But I was scared. I feared that I'll hurt you more. So I tried to build myself first, to regain that Ahn Yujin that believes in her own skills. The Ahn Yujin that doesn't believe in the impossible." 

Yujin took Minju's hand in hers. Minju was surprised. She looked at the taller girl and they made eye contact.

"And here she is, standing in front of you, begging for another chance. Minju... Can you still forgive me?"

Minju doesn't know what to say. They stayed at their position for a long time. And when Minju has absorbed everything that has been said, she tried to speak.

"I've already forgiven you, Yujin," Minju said, still looking at Yujin. The taller girl was about to give the biggest smile but is replaced by a confused look when Minju took her hand back. 

"But... you left a deep scar in me. And you broke the trust I gave you. Sorry, but... I don't know if I'm ready to start again." Minju said and immediately ran. 

.

"Don't worry, Minju. I'll wait until you're completely healed." 

************

"Your booth is really interesting," Hyewon complimented Yuri and Chaewon. 

"Really? I hope other students will see that, too." Chaewon smiled while looking. 

"Don't worry! Pretty sure they'll do." Hyewon reassured. 

"You're as optimistic as Yuri. No doubt, you two really are cousins." Chaewon replied. Hyewon just chuckled at Chaewon's remark.

"Sorry, but I gotta go. I still have to check Minju's Club. Good Luck, guys. Fighting!" Hyewon said before bidding goodbye. Chaewon was left alone again in the booth since Yuri went back at distributing the brochures. 

"That girl's right." 

Chaewon, who is cleaning their place at that time, was surprised by the voice. She turned around to see a girl with very cute cheeks wearing an oversized gray sweater. 

"Sorry... I didn't know you'd be that shocked." The girl said, raising a peace sign. 

"N-No. I-I'm fine." Chaewon replied. 

"Why do you stutter so much?" The girl asked, making Chaewon feel a little embarrassed. "Anyways, do you know how to play all of these instruments?"

The musician just nodded. The other gal confidently went to the grand piano and sat in front of it. Chaewon thought that the girl is also a pianist. But then the girl started playing 'Twinkle, twinkle little star'. Chaewon doesn't know when is the last time she laughed that hard.

"Hey, why are you laughing?" 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. It's just that... You went there confidently so I just thought you can really play the piano." Chaewon explained, still chuckling a little. Her laugh made the other girl giggled.

"I don't know why but ever since I'm a kid, I always find instruments difficult to study. How 'bout you? How many years did you spend to learn to play all of these?"

"Well, not gonna lie, It is difficult," Chaewon replied. "I don't know if I should tell you this but... My whole life revolves around music in the most literal sense. My whole family plays and sing. We also have an Instrument shop. And being the only child means everyone's attention is on me. And it's a bit of pressure, knowing that I'm the only one who can continue the legacy of my family. But I realized that it's fun. And I guess that it's true... If you really love what you're doing, it will never be tiring for you." 

"That's deep, Ms. Musician. You made music and instruments more interesting for me." The girl gave a sweet smile. 

"Wait... Ms. Musician? Where did that come from?"

"Well, I don't know your name. And it's the only thing I can come up with."

"Then you should have just told me. It's Chaewon, Kim Chaewon."

"Mine's-"

"Hitomi!" A guy from the Club in front of them yelled. "You're needed here!"

"Coming..." Hitomi said lazily. "I guess I have to go."

"You're... You're a member of the Dancing Club?" 

Hitomi just smirked.

"President, to be exact. Oh, and before I forgot," The girl said, handing Chaewon a ticket. "The real reason why I came here is because I'm giving tickets to the presidents of every clubs. But since you've become my friend, I'll give you a VIP one. That's on Sunday, by the way, District Cheerleading Competition. If only you're interested."

Hitomi said before going back to their booth. Chaewon just looked at the ticket.

"Done!" Yuri shouted when she got back to their booth. "Hey, Chaewon. You okay?"

"You bet, I am."

Yuri smiled at Chaewon's reply.

"Seems like you're in a good mood. I better tell you right now."

"What?"

"I'm going to ask if you want to join me and Hyewon go shopping on Sunday." Yuri invited.

"Maybe next time, Yuri... 

.

.

.

.

"I have an important schedule this Sunday," Chaewon said, looking at the VIP Ticket.