Chapter 023

Start of Something New

"That is beautiful." Hyewon declared as she stared at the gold medal hanging on Yuri's neck.

The hamster got hold of it and smiled. "Yeah, but it's much prettier in my eyes because I know I've worked hard for it."

"Of course, you do."

Enozi Multi Arts High just finished their awarding ceremony for the second year students. In their school, Ranks 4 to 9 are given certificates of recognition while the Top 3 are presented with gold medals. And Yuri is just an example of it.

"But hey, that Rank 8 is also a no joke." Yuri complimented back. "By the way, where are your parents?"

"Oh, they're currently in the Dean's office," Hyewon replied. "They're updating on Byung Soon's case."

Yuri slowly nodded. "It's a good thing that you're finally getting the justice you deserve."

"I guess so... Wait, lemme guess," Hyewon said. "Your parents are already home calling all our relatives, so proud about how their daughter got a medal at a prestigious school like Enozi, right?"

Yuri's startled. "How'd you know?"

"Of course, I know," Hyewon said in a bragging tone. "... That's what my parents did last year."

The two hamsters laughed at the sudden confession.

"I think that runs in our blood," Yuri said, high-fiving the other girl. 

Hyewon was still about to say something when she noticed someone behind Yuri waiting for them to finish their small talk. 

The girl smirked. "You know what? I think I have to go. I need to congratulate Sakura and probably ask her out for this weekend. See you later."

And Kwangbae hugged her cousin.

"Also," The girl informed. "Someone is waiting for you."

"Is it Ye-"

"We have talked about it before." Hyewon reminded. "If you're going to say the words, just remember that you can't take it back... so please think about it first."

And she released Yuri from the embrace. 

"Umm, hi," As soon as Kwangbae left, Yena grabbed the chance to talk with the hamster. 

"Oh, Yena-" Yuri cut off her sentence when she turned her back and saw the other lass holding a bouquet. "Violets! How did you-"

"I asked your cousin about what I should give you. She said that you like flowers, specifically Violets." 

"T-Thanks for this," Yuri said, smiling sheepishly. 

Yena the cleared . "So, are we still going on Saturday? We'll do a movie night next, right?"

Lately, the two had been going out twice as much as before. Yena is also more expressive in her feelings. She puts her hands on Yuri's shoulder, holds her hand while walking, wiping her tears when she cries, basically every cheesy action from every cliche movie. 

But somehow, it has a different effect on Yuri.

"Of course, of course," The hamster answered. "What movie are we going to watch? Horror? Comedy? Romance?"

"Anything will do, to be honest," Yena said lovingly. "As long as I'm with you."

Another cheesy line. If their friends are hearing them, they would probably cringe so hard while Sakura will get a recording of it and mock her best friend every time.

"Oh, I shouldn't have said that should I?" Yena said after, scratching the back of her head. "I-I'm so sorry, I got pulled by my emotions."

Yuri just looked at her. She's soooo cute, that is what is on the back of her mind. But then she remembered Hyewon's advice. She needs to think before dropping it. She needs to be sure... and there is only one way.

"I think I just ruined the mood," Yena said, observing how their conversation got awkward. "Anyways, congrats again... I-I better go-"

"C-Can I get a hug?"

"A-A what?"

Yuri took a deep breath. "Can I get a hug from you?"

Yena didn't expect the hamster to ask her that but she's more than happy to serve her.

"Okay then," Yena opened her arms wide open. Yuri shyly went to her and let herself be imprisoned between the girl's arms. 

And she knew it, that scent, the hand that ruffles her hair, the person she's hugging right now... They made her feel at ease. She's still not sure a while ago, but now she definitely is. Letting go of the chance to be with the girl is like letting her home go away. And with that...   

 

  

"I love you, too."

Yena felt like all her blood rushed to her cheeks. She released Yuri from the hug and immediately looked at the face of the girl.

"W-What did you say?" The duck asked, blinking multiple times. 

Yuri just gave her an ear-to-ear smile.

"Why? What's wrong?" Yuri innocently asked, pretending not to know anything. She then wrapped her arms once more around Yena's neck, tighter this time. "Well, I haven't answered you last time when you're still at the hospital so... I love you, too, Yena."

The duck's world stopped and her heartbeat becomes unstable. Next thing Yuri knew is screaming because the other gal just picked her up and turned her around. They caught the attention of many students but it didn't seem weird to them because they thought that the two are just celebrating their awards.

"Yuri, are you serious?!?" Yena continued to ask, happiness clearly showing. 

The hamster fixed her hair and her brows furrowed. "Yah! I already told you twice and you're still not believing it? Am I a joke to you? I mean, I can take back what I-"

"No! No... please don't," Yena begged. "It just happened so quick. Wait, so this means that you're finally my... my..."

Yena didn't even manage to finish her sentence as she already went running around the campus, finding their other friends to tell them the good news. 

Yuri just slowly shook her head, thinking that she's already in a relationship with a girl with a mind of a kid... But she loves her. And that's what matters for now. 

Realizing that Yena left her all alone, she decided to join the fun.

.

.

.

.

.

"How dare you leave me here, Ducky!"

************

"So as I was saying, she whispered 'I love you, too' to me while we're hugging and I-"

"Yena, can you please stop??" Sakura said, annoyed. "You've already told us a hundred times."

The other girls nodded and jokingly facepalmed.

"She's not wrong, though," Hyewon agreed, exchanging glances between the two friends. "We're here to tell Yujin what happened at the ceremony, not just about your love story."

Right after the confession, Yena immediately told their friends the 'miracle' that happened today. Yuri then arrived and scolded Yena for leaving her alone, but confirmed their relationship after. As expected, their friends are truly happy for them. But I guess Yena still can't get over. 

"Just let her, Hyewon. I haven't seen her that happy." Yujin said, munching the cookies being hand-fed by Minju. 

The squad planned to visit Yujin's house after the ceremony since it has been a long time since they last saw her. Yujin isn't totally okay yet, but her condition is improving. The bandage on her head is finally removed and she's also undergoing therapy. And just like before, her girlfriend is always on her side. 

"Yena is still on cloud nine. Let her enjoy the first day of being in a relationship first."

"Thanks for understanding, Yujin," Yuri said. She then glared at her girl. "Yah! Please keep quiet now... Aish, I thought that story will just be between you and me..."

"H-Huh? R-Really? B-But you never said that-"

"What do you think is the reason why I would give you my yes when it's just the two of us?" Yuri said, pouting after. "Of course, I want it to be personal. But you can't sense that and I'm just so... disappointed."

Yena covered in shock. She didn't know that's the logic behind. She panicked and quickly got up from the floor to go to Yuri and back hug her.

"I-I'm really sorry, Joyyul... I didn't know. I'm sorry..." Yena apologized. The hamster, on the other hand, is trying her very best to stop smiling and look mad. The duck doesn't know that the hamster is just acting or more like pranking her.

Sakura, who's sitting on the sofa about to eat a handful of popcorn, stopped what she's doing to grab Yena away from Yuri. 

"Yah! You guys are so cringy..." The girl with the big ears said, showing her fingers curling. "Gosh, I really hate cheesy things."

"Hey, don't say that! Hitomi will be so disappointed." Chaewon said after sipping from her can of soda.

"Yes!! You and Hiichan, too!" Sakura added them to her list. "Yujin and Minju, Kwon and Chaeyeon... Why are y'all so sweet and stuff??"

"Just say that you're salty and go," 

Nako the savage version is back. Her sentence earned an "oooohhhhh" from her audience. She then gave her rival a smug face and an unknowingly look. 

"Besides, aren't you and Hyewon sweet, too? I saw you outside the hospital once, and Hyewon's kissing your forehead... Isn't that next level sweetness??"

Sakura froze at her seat and turned crimson red. Hyewon, on the other hand, remains calm, though deep down she's already melting from embarrassment. The whole group burst into laughter and continuous teasing and mocking happened.

"Enough now, guys. Look at Kkura and Hyewon's face," Minju defended the two but still chuckling. "Let's just plan our vacation, shall we?"

The group stopped the goof and the atmosphere turned serious.

Kwon nodded slowly. "So, what do you guys think? Where should we go? Any suggestions?"

The girls looked at each other, waiting for someone to speak up first.

"Maybe somewhere quiet?" Yujin suggested, popping a brownie into . "Somewhere we can completely chill, away from phones and things like that."

"I agree, but it should also have good views and sceneries. I need to practice my skills in photography." Kwon said, gesturing a camera with her two hands.

Chaeyeon slowly raised her hand. "Well, I think that we can also go to a place where we can share our childhood memories. Aside from our own home, of course."

"So somewhere quiet, has good sceneries and a place full of memories... That's kinda hard to find." Wonyoung said. "Do any of you know a place?"

The whole group became silent all of a sudden, thinking of venues for their future getaway. 

Suddenly, Yuri jolted up.

"I know a place!" The hamster announced after a while. "As far as I can remember, Hyewon and I used to spend Christmas in a big rest house when we were kids. It's from our grandparents, the only possession they left in our care. It's a quiet place since there is a small population in that province and the house is far from the main city. It's actually located on the shore... And if you all like, we can ask permission to the officials there if we can go inside the old lighthouse."

"Yuri, that's perfect! We can also take a short swim." Minju said clapping. "But wait, are you sure it's okay to go there?"

"I think it's just going to turn out fine," Hyewon replied, about to stand up to get freshly baked cookies from the oven. "Besides, all of you have been protecting me and my cousin ever since. It's the only way we could give back, so please accept it."

The group looked at each other for the nth time and smiled.   

"Well, if that's the case..."

.

.

.

.

.

"Summer vacation, here we go."

************

Hi guys! Thanks for reading ^_^ And sorry for updating kinda late...

Next week will be the last chapter of this story :'((

I would like to say thank you for everyone who read the whole AU, please continue supporting my stories because it really helps me a lot :D

So what are we waiting for? Here are the teasers:

Teaser #1: (From the last chap)

"Who would have thought you will have a girlfriend before me??"

Teaser #2:

"Yes, I know that you love her the same way as I do."

Teaser #3:

"Hey, guys! Let's play a game of truth or truth."

Teaser #4:

"Don't worry, we'll meet again. I don't when... But we sure will."

Please look forward to the next chapters! (And please subscribe to my other story lmao thanks!)