Out of it

One of Those Days...

(POV ---- Nikki)

In my dream, I was walking in the park, holding hands with someone, it wasn't Daniel, actually, it wasn't anyone I knew. I never did actually get to see his face though because right when I looked up, I was woken up from my dream. My sister yelled, "Nikki, it's time to go to school! Hurry Up or you are going to be late!!!"

When I got to the bus stop, I waited for Sunny. When she got here she noticed that I was feeling down. She asked, "Hey Nikki, there's something wrong. What's up?"

This is what I loved about Sunny, even though we have completely different views about things, she knows me like the back of her hand.

"Well, something kind of happened yesterday." I said.

"What happened?" she asked

“Well do you remember how yesterday I was babysitting the Chung’s with Daniel?” I said.

“Yeah, what about it?”

“Well something was said, some thing I wished was never  said.”

“What was said?” she asked.

“Well Daniel said that we were just ‘really good friends.’” I began, “I mean I know why he said that because that’s all we are.. But the thing is, is that when he said that I realized something.” I said.

“And what would that be?”

“We would never be more than friends. Think about it. We have known each other for almost 8 years, and nothing awesome has happened. I just know that if I continue these feelings, nothing will come of them, and letting go is something that I should do.”

“I guess, but Nikki, you aren’t one who usually gives up on something as easy as this.” she said.

“I know, but this is different. I don’t know what to do anymore. Trust  me.  Ando don’t try to convince me otherwise. I was thinking of this all night.”

“Alright, I won’t try to do that. It seems like you are stuck on this even if I did try to convince you. But you always do this, you can‘t keep on trying to avoid people, it‘s not good for you.”

We got on the bus and went to school. The ride there was pretty quiet. It’s not that it was awkward silence or anything, but we were just both deep in thought. Luckily Daniel wasn’t on the bus either, sadly it wasn’t like that at school. He approached us when we go to our lockers, “Hey you guys. Nikki you shouldn’t have left, it got pretty boring.”

“I’m sorry, I have to go to class, see you later.” I said then left. Class didn’t start for a good ten minutes, but when it did start, I wasn’t even paying attention. For the whole day, I was out of it.

When I got home, I was feeling so stressed so I did my homework ate dinner and went to sleep. But before I went to my room my sister asked, “Nikki, are you alright? You haven’t been this dazed ever since, well you know.”

“Huh?” I replied, “Yeah, I’m okay, just thinking about something.”

“Well, don’t think to much about it.”

I walked up to my room. The thing was, I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

A week had passed by, and that’s where my whole life got confusing.