Finally Good

One of Those Days...

(POV ---- Nikki)

Why was I hurt so bad? Why did I feel like I was dying on the inside? Hyunseung was just an annoying person, who always teased me, made fun of me, and annoyed me. Why should I be so sad that he doesn't want to keep connections with me? Everything will go back to normal. Exactly how it should be. I will be happy again.I have to quickly get over these submissive feelings.

I walked down into the kitchen and saw a lot of food on the table. What? Why is there so much? I asked Yunna, "Why is there so much food on the table?"

She just looked at me strange. As if there was something wrong with me. She said, "You don't remember?"

"No, what's going on? Are we having party or something?"

"No, tomorrow is mom and dad's death anniversary."

I stood there. How could I forget? I was so involved in my own life that I can't even remember my parents own death? I have been so self -centered latly. I am the worst daughter ever to come in excistence. I walked back up to my room. And layed down, and went to sleep. I need this sleep. I want today and the rest of my life to be over. I need it to be.

(POV ---- Daniel)

I got up early this morning, and remember it was the 21st. I should probably go over to Nikki's house. She needs comforting right now. I put on my sweater and put on my jacket and started walking over there. 

I rang the doorbell, and Yunna openned the door. She said, "Hi, Daniel, Nikki is up in her room right now."

"Ok, umm... thanks."

I walked up the stairs and knocked on Nikki's door. She said, "Come in."

I opened the door and saw her sitting looking out her window. She had the saddest look on her face. I gave her a back hug, and whispered in her ear, "It's okay, everything is going to be okay."

She didn't say anything and continued looking out the window. We sat there for a couple minutes and took a deep breath, and said, "I'm sorry Daniel, but is it okay if you leave me be for a little bit? I need some time to think."

"Yeah, sure, take all the time you need." 

"Thank you," she said.

(POV ---- Nikki)

Why did I ask him to leave? I've always wanted the person I loved to do that to me. To comfort me. To tell me that everything is going to be okay. Just sit there with me until I feel better. Let me cry in his embrace. I felt nothing with Daniel. Why had I been wanting someone else to embrace me? Why was I hoping for another?

I walked outside and wandered around aimlessly. You could say I was emotionless, but that'd be a good term for it, I'd call myself a shell. I didn't know what to do with my life right now. Everything was just pointless. I didn't want to do anything. I wanted to just live peacefully and sleep forever.

As I continued aimlessly wandering, when I realized where I had gotten myself, I realized I was infront of the CUBE building. I don't know how I got here. But I stood there just staring at the window. And I felt like I was being looked at as well. But it was just a feeling. As I stood there I felt a tap on my shoulder, I looked behind me and saw Yoseob's goofy smile. He said, "Hey, Nikki, what are you doing here?"

"Oh well, I kinda just went for a walk,and before I knew it I was here."

"Well, you wanna come inside? We're just practicing today."

"Yeah, sure that sounds fun."

I walked inside the building with Yoseob and I asked him, "So how are things with Sunny?"

He blushed and said, "Umm... things are good, you know. Yeah...."

I chuckled and said, "Does little Yoseobie have a little crush?"

He turned red again and said, "Yeah, I really like Sunny, a lot. But don't tell her Nikki! You can't. She probabaly doesn't even see me as a guy, just her little brother."

"Well, honestly, Yoseob she never saw you as a little brother."

"How do you know?"

"She's my best friend! Duh!!" I teased.

"Right, well since you're her best friend... what does she think of me, if not a little brother?"

"Well, you know what I think you should ask her out on a date. I think- I know she would love that."

"Really? Aigooo--- I can't do that. I don't have the guts."

"Come on, Yoseob! You can do it, just call her up later and ask her to hang out! I know for a fact that' she'll say yes!"

"Maybe... I will later, I promise."

"Good!"

We walked into the dance room and the first person I saw was Hyunseung. He saw me as well, but looked awy as soon as he could. I could feel a deep pain in my heart wanting him to look at me longer.

I tried to ignore my feelings. They were probably something minor. I mean Hyunseung greatly affected my life, so suddenly leaving me must have affected my life in some way. Of course, it must be that, the sudden change. Well I know that I will get used to him being gone from my life. As I said earlier, this is good, everything will go back to normal.

I sat down against the wall and watched them practice. The dance looked so complicated. They memorized them so quickly and it took so much energy to perfect it and carry it out. Whenever Sunny forced me to watch their performance it looked so simple, as if anyone could pull of their routine. As I sat there in a daze I realized that I had been there for a long time. Three hours had passed by. I guess I was so amazed by their dancing that I lost track of the time. I told them all goodbye, but I was not able to look any of them in th eeye. I was too afraid my eyes would wander into his. That could not happen. who knows what I might do after that single moment?

I walked out alone. Dongwoon offered to walk me home, but I declined. As I walked, I thought to myself, how could Hyunseung mean so much to me? He's rude, spoiled, bipolar, short tempered, blunt, ignorant... sweet, giving, hard working, kind, caring. In all honestly, Hyunseung is probably one of the sweetest people I have ever met. It's just that he hides it. I guess you could call him humble as well. I mean, I never hear him bragging about himself.

I stood there frozen, my mind coming to a realization. I love Hyunseung. That's why he means so much to me, why I felt so broken after what he said to me. Simply because I love Hyunseung. When Daniel had tried to comfort me this morning, I was wishing for Hyunseung. But what can I do about it now? I can't forget what he said to me. It is grained into my mind, and it'll never leave. I can't conact him at all anymore. I am the last person that he wasnts to talk to, maybe even see. He hates me. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. But I don't want to give up.

Rahter than going home, I went to the park. Being at home was the last place I wanted to be. As soon as I reached the park, I rested on the swings. I sat there feeling the tears start to gather in the eyes. I couldn't control them. I didn't want to. As I cried I felt a pat on my head. I looked back and it was Hyunseung. I quickly wiped away my tears and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"What does it look like? I'm comforting you."

(POV ---- Hyunseung)

"Why would you want to comfort me?" she asked.

"I know about your parents." I confronted.

"How do you know?"

"Sunny told Yoseob, and he told me. Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I don't like to talk about it. Only three people know. Well only three people knew. That's why. Why are you here?"

"Well, you know what? I guess there really is not point to coming now is there?"

"I'm sorry, it's just that--."

"It's fine, that's not what I meant it just--. Nikki, I really like you. No, Nikki, I love you. I've loved you. I loved you before you and Daniel started dating. So, you won the bet. I know that your feelings aren't mutual. I just wanted to know how I feel."

I turned and walked away. It was all over now. She's in love with Daniel. Not me.

As I continued walking away, she called my name. I quickly turned around. She said, "Then don't forget your end of the deal. The loser does anything the winner says."

I replied, "What do you want me to do?"

She walked closer to me and said, "Kiss me."

"What?!"

"Kiss me. Do I have to spell it out for you?"

"But what?! You like Daniel, not me!"

"Is that what you want, because if it is--." 

"No of course that's not what I want, but wait what happened?"

"Hyunseung, I love you too. I'm sorry it took me long for me to  realize that. I just hope--."

I wasn;t able to let her finish. I quicklly leaned down and kissed her lips. I finally have what I wanted all along. And no one is going to take her away from me.

She released herself from my lips, and she asked, "You know after meeting you, you literally turned my world upside down. I had to deal with your constant sarcasm and snide remarks--."

"I'm sorry--." She put her find to my lips.

"But, you make my life exciting from the fan rushes to all your dance practices. And honestly, I'd have it no other way, and you know what? I don't think December 21st is going to be such a sad day for me anymore."