There.

One of Those Days...

(POV ---- Nikki)

I just sat there. Idle. Nothing came to my mind. I couldn't move. I couldn't feel anything, but coldness. I could feel the tears gathering up in my eyes, but I could not even move my eyelids to prevent them from flowing. I could feel my chest moving slowly, but as time moved on it became harder for me to breath. Nothing in this world right now seemed right. I don't know how long I sat there. It was only a few seconds, but truly felt like an eternity. 

I have felt this one time before. When I found out about my parents. But this time it was different it was as if I could've of prevented this terrible, devastating feeling. 

I was soon brought back to reality, when Dongwoon tapped my shoulder, asking me, "Are you alright?"

I looked up and quickly wiped my tears, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"No. No you're not. I tried talking to him... he's not coming back."

I looked  down again and I could feel my heart breaking even more than it already was. So it's true, there really is no hope. 

Dongwoon held my hand, and said, "Come on, I'll take you home."

I followed after him, while he was holding my hand, I could still see nor feel anything. 

When we got to my house he asked me one last time, "Are you sure you are going to be alright?"

"Of course not," I said, "but I'll try."

"Nikki, I'll try talking to him one last time, but he's not doing it for himself."

"Okay."

"Well, I got to go, I'll talk to you later. Yeah?"

"Yeah." I confirmed.

I walked inside my house. I went to my room and collapsed on my bed. Nothing will ever be the same. And that was my biggest fear. 

(POV ---- Yoseob)

I was talking to Sunny over the phone... yeah I realized that I liked her, but I don't know what to tell her or how to tell her. I'm not actually sure if she likes me back. I can tell that she doesn't find me annoying since she always replies to my texts and phone calls. But that might be just because she is a nice person, which she is.

We were talking and we got on the subject of Nikki, I said, "Hyunseung tells me that her parents are never home. Why is that?"

Sunny answered, "Well, ummm... Her parents passed away three years ago in a car accident."

"What?" 

"Yeah, they died in this month actually, on the 21st. I'm happy she met Hyunseung though, because in the past years, every time this month came around, she was Nikki, she was an empty shell. And after she met Hyunseung she was happy, and I know she thought of it, but her wounds were finally starting to heal."

"But the 21st is tomorrow. What's going to happen to Nikki?"

"That... I don't know. I really don't know."

(POV ---- Hyunseung)

I walked into the dorm. I heard Yoseob talking on the phone, it was probably Sunny, he is always talking to her now a days. At least he has someone. I went into the kitchen looked into the fridge. I was hungry, but I had no appetite. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. I spotted Yoseob hanging up on the phone, and he was approaching me. He sat down next to me and said, "Hey you know what happened to Nikki's parents?"

I looked at him. "What happened?" I asked.

"They died in a car crash several years ago." he answered.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, they died on the 21st. Apparently, she is usually a huge shell when this month comes around."

I sat there in silenece, but why wasn't she sad this time. Why does she act like everything is normal? Yoseob continued, "Sunny says that after Nikki met you she was a lot happier. It was as if the incident never happened. She was able to be herself."

I asked myself, what have I done. What did I do? Why did I have to stumble in her life. I realize that it allowed her to forget all her worries. If only I had realized that earlier. But there's nothing to do now. I'm too late

"So what happened at that thing that you and Dongwoon went to? Where's Dongwoon?" he asked. 

I didn't answer got up and walked to the bedroom. I didn't want to think about this right now. I want to be done. I want to go back in time. And say everything that I want to.

(POV ---- Yoseob)

I wonder why he didn't answer me. I want to know what happened. I'll just wait for Dongwoon and ask him when he comes back to the dorm. 

Dongwoon entered the dorm and I ambushed him. I asked, "What happened to Hyunseung and Nikki?!"

"So he's already home?"

"Yeah, what happened?"

"He won the bet."

"Then why is he so sad?"

And Dongwoon never answered the question. He just walked onto the couch and no matter how much I would try and figure out what happened, he wouldn't say anything.