Nuisance

HERSHE
"The only place we're going to now is your place," said Yeri, leaning forward to give a kiss.
 
Seulgi flattened her palms against Yeri's shoulders and shoved her away. "Hey! Could you please stop this?"
 
"I'll only stop if you bring me to your place now."
 
"No, no, no! This is not right!"
 
The intern didn't seem to get it. "What's right for you then? This?" Yeri started ing her shirt.
 
Seulgi realized that it was serious when she saw a small pink brassiere already being exposed. "Hey, stop doing that!" she said, buttoning back the shirt while Yeri was still ing the others.
 
Suddenly, a phone rang. Both turned their attention to Seulgi's ringing phone on the dashboard.
 
"Excuse me..." said Seulgi, slightly panting.
 
Yeri sighed but eventually gave in. She sat back on the passenger's seat and buttoned her shirt back. Seulgi went out of the car to answer the phone.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Seulgi? Are you alright?" It was Wendy calling.
 
"I think so. I'm glad you called." Seulgi wiped her sweat with her handkerchief.
 
"Why do you sound exhausted? Were you running or something?"
 
Seulgi quickly glanced at her car. "I was wrestling with someone."
 
"What?"
 
Seulgi facepalmed herself when she realized what she said. "One of the new interns in the office was assaulting me in my car a while ago. I don't know how to tame her."
 
"Assaulting?" Wendy laughed. "You should try to stop being charming for once, Seulgi. It's just your fault."
 
"It's not funny," Seulgi hissed. "She was about to kiss me before you called."
 
"What? So, I was right. You were really in trouble," said Wendy. "I was having a weird urge to call you. It turns out that you really need someone to save your then."
 
Seulgi chuckled. "Yeah. Thanks, Wendy. I'll make it up to you next time."
 
"Kids nowadays are so aggressive, eh?"
 
"Tell me about it." Seulgi rolled her eyes. "Tsk. What should I do?"
 
"Tell her you already have a girlfriend. She'll stop if you do that."
 
"But I don't want to break her heart."
 
"What if she keeps on assaulting you? Don't tell me you'd give in?"
 
"No. I'm still in love with Irene," said Seulgi. "I don't have the slightest interest in this kid inside my car."
 
"Then tell her that you're with Irene."
 
"I can't. Irene is the one supervising her. I'll be dead if she finds that out."
 
"Then tell Irene about it."
 
Seulgi stopped, thinking it's actually a good idea. "Do you think she would agree to that?"
 
"If she likes you she will surely agree to it."
 
"But she has been avoiding me lately. In fact, she has been avoiding me after the trip."
 
"Hmm? Avoiding you in what way?"
 
"Well, we rarely talk. She doesn't chat with me. I believe it started when Krystal noticed our closeness."
 
"That's interesting. There could only be two possible reasons why she's doing that."
 
"The only reason I could think of is everything that she'd shown me was just part of the play," said Seulgi, dejected. "Since the trip is over, the acting is over too."
 
"That's the first reason I have in mind."
 
"What's the second one?"
 
"It's the other side of the rainbow," said Wendy. "You told me she's been avoiding you after the trip, right? Maybe she's doing that because she's totally fallen for you and just can't accept it yet?"
 
Before Seulgi's mind could process what Wendy told her, Yeri rolled the window down and called her out.
 
"Seulgi, what's taking you so long? I'm bored."
 
Seulgi sighed. "I need to go. I'll talk to you later."
 
"Yeah. I heard that." Wendy giggled. "Make sure to stay in one piece, okay?"
 
"Ugh. Wendy."
 
---
 
Irene is sure something is weird.
 
She's already used to see Yeri coming to the office earlier than she does. Usually, she'll see Yeri's bag already sitting on the chair if the kid decided to go somewhere first.
 
But today it's empty.
 
She felt hopeful when she heard footsteps in the hallway. She never thought she'd be happy to see Taeyong coming early, which could only mean that Yeri is just a few steps behind him.
 
However, Taeyong walked straight to the graphics department. Irene stood there, waiting, hoping for Yeri to appear from the door.
 
Three...
 
Two...
 
One...
 
No one.
 
She sat on her chair, disappointed.
 
She stood up to get her morning tea in the pantry. As she was passing by the elevator area, the elevator bell dinged. The lift door opened, revealing Yeri who stepped out and went inside the office without noticing Irene.
 
But just as before everything feels right, to her disappointment, Seulgi stepped out and followed Yeri inside.
 
Irene raised an eyebrow. Could Seulgi have picked up the intern from her house? Not to mention Yeri's ear to ear grin is giving all the answers to Irene's enigma.
 
Irene turned away and went straight to the pantry.
 
---
 
"Morning!" greeted Yeri when Irene settled back to her table.
 
"Oh. Hey," said Irene, noticing how the intern seemed extremely happy.
 
"Are you alright, Ms. Irene?"
 
"Mmm? Yeah. Why?"
 
"Hmmm, something's just different in your aura. You seem to be emitting negative vibes today."
 
Irene knew herself that something's off in her mood too. "Don't mind me. I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. What about you, you seem to be happy."
 
Great, why is she even asking that?
 
Yeri giggled. "It's because Seulgi is so sweet. She drove me home yesterday and picked me up for work this morning."
 
"Ah yeah? Were you able to confess?"
 
"Yesterday."
 
"So... what happened?"
 
"She... she confessed something to me too..." said Yeri, pouting a little. "After she picked me up this morning because I asked her to, she told me that she's already in love with someone else."
 
That caught Irene's attention. "D-did she... did she tell you who it is?"
 
Yeri shook her head. "She told me it's someone I don't know."
 
Irene curved her eyebrows. Someone Yeri doesn't know?
 
"But I have a feeling that it's the girl named Wendy."
 
Wendy?
 
"How did you know her?" asked Irene.
 
"I saw her name flashing on her phone. Seulgi had to step out of the car to talk to her. I wonder what they were talking about that she doesn't want me to hear."
 
Irene stared blankly at her monitor. Seulgi did the same thing when they were in Haeundae.
 
She's starting to wonder now what's the real deal between Seulgi and Wendy.
 
---
 
Irene is busy filling her tumbler with water when she felt someone stood behind, waiting for her to finish. Irene smiled, recognizing the smell of that cologne. It's the familiar scent she'd been missing all this time.
 
Irene turned around and involuntarily took a step backward when she realized they were so near each other.
 
"Oh."
 
"Hey." Seulgi smiled at her. "Why you looked surprised to see me? I'm also an employee here, you know."
 
"I know. I'm sorry. It's just that-- Oh. Go ahead..." Irene stepped aside to give way.
 
"Thanks." Seulgi bent a little to fill her tumbler with water.
 
Irene took that opportunity to admire the exquisiteness of the person in front of her. Seulgi is wearing a gingham shirt, sleeves rolled up, partnered with gray pants.
 
Irene may not have admitted it to herself before, but the truth is she finds Seulgi unbelievably attractive, chiseled perfectly to tease hearts.
 
"How's your day?" asked Seulgi, not looking at her.
 
It was then when Irene realized what she's doing. "Busy as usual. How about you?"
 
"It's quite stressful for a Friday." Seulgi gave her a quick look. "Can't wait for the day to end."
 
And that smile just did the trick.
 
Irene felt her heart starting to act weird, beating twice or maybe even thrice its normal rate.
 
For the nth time in her history, just because of Seulgi, she was once again lost for words. She felt the need to be out of that scene right away. She doesn't want Seulgi to notice her internal turmoil. In fact, she's a bit concerned about her heart's behavior that she already considered going to the infirmary to have it checked.
 
"Uh. I'll go ahead, Seulgi."
 
Just as when Irene regret saying it but left with no choice but to leave, Seulgi grabbed her by her arm.
 
"Wait. Can we talk?"
 
Irene felt her body heating up with Seulgi's touch. She missed it. She'd be lying if she'd say she doesn't want to stay. All her body parts are telling her to stay, except maybe for her heart who knows nothing but to pump faster.
 
"Are you alright?" Seulgi raised her tumbler to drink from it.
 
Irene opened to say something but got distracted by Seulgi's reddened wet lips from the drink. She was brought to more agony when Seulgi pressed her lips together.
 
"Irene? Are you all alright? You're zoning out."
 
Irene blinked, her own lips. "Yeah. I'm... I'm okay."
 
"Okay." Seulgi exhaled. She placed one hand inside her back pocket. "Umm. Like I said, can we talk?"
 
"Mmm." Irene put a hand on her side neck, unsure of what it meant. "Aren't we talking now?"
 
Seulgi scratched the top of her head. "I mean can we... talk alone?"
 
"Alone?" Irene looked around the pantry and saw no one around but them.
 
Seulgi scrunched up her face and facepalmed herself. "Uh. Well. You know, it's Friday and uh... I was thinking if... I mean... can we talk alone in some other place... later?"
 
"Ahh, later?" A smile slipped across Irene's face, all because of Seulgi's cute nervousness. "You mean after work?"
 
"Yeah..." Seulgi nodded. "Only if you're free?" She bit her lower lip on the last word.
 
Irene is definitely amused by the obvious coyness. "Don't worry, I'm free."
 
Seulgi's face lit up. "How should we do this? Should we go down together or I'll pick you up in front?"
 
"Let's just meet in the parking lot like before. I'm still trying to avoid your fangirls."
 
Seulgi had a slightly sheepish look on her face as her hand reached for her nape. Then she brought her clenched fist in front of Irene for a fist bump.
 
"Okay. just like before."
 
Irene smacked her closed fist to Seulgi's. "I'll see you later then."
 
"I'll go ahead." Seulgi left looking happy and excited.
 
Irene was left alone there, standing. She was trying her best to hold off a smile, looking around to make sure no one is looking at her.
 
Did Seulgi just ask her out?
 
She covered her face with a hand to try and stop herself from squealing.
 
---
 
When the clock struck five, Irene went to the restroom to retouch her makeup. It's not necessary to hurry because Seulgi will surely wait for her like before.
 
After the quick retouching, Irene went back to her station and saw Yeri fixing her own stuff.
 
"Hey, you in a hurry?" asked Irene.
 
"Yes, Ms. Irene..." Yeri was too busy putting things in her bag.
 
"Dating?" Irene's feeling confident to ask something like that now because she knows that whoever Yeri is gonna be with this afternoon, it's not going to be Seulgi.
 
"Not really. But I have to catch up with Seulgi."
 
"What?"
 
"I asked Seulgi to go out earlier, but she said she can't because she's seeing someone today," said Yeri, busy arranging her stuff. "I have a feeling that it's her girlfriend so I need to go with her. I want to see that girl."
 
Irene's mouth fell open, impressed with the kid's boldness.
 
"I'll go ahead, Ms. Irene. Enjoy your weekend." Yeri grabbed her bag and strode out of that area.
 
Irene was still dumbfounded. When she realized Yeri is gonna ruin their plan, she quickly fixed her things and pulled out her phone to warn Seulgi.
 
Brrrr... Brrrr... Brrr...
 
"Hey."
 
"Seulgi, where are you now?" Irene walked quickly, heading to the elevator area.
 
"Umm. I'm waiting for the elevator down."
 
"What? You're supposed to be in your car by now."
 
"I know, but something came up..."
 
"You need to hide from Y--" Irene reached the elevator area and saw what Seulgi meant.
 
Aside from the other fellow employees who are also waiting, three people caught Irene's eyes: Seulgi, Taeyong, and Yeri.
 
Yeri's hands were firmly locked on Seulgi's, making sure the latter won't escape. Seulgi's other hand was holding her phone. And Taeyong, who looked disappointed again, is just standing a few steps away from the two with both hands in his side pockets.
 
The elevator door opened. All the other employees in the area went in except for those four.
 
Irene slowly took her phone away from her ear. She knew the meaning of Seulgi's disappointed face.
 
"Ms. Irene..."
 
Irene turned her eyes to Yeri.
 
Yeri glanced at Seulgi first, specifically looking at the phone in Seulgi's hand. She looked at Irene after.
 
"Were you the one who just called Seulgi?"