Chapter 10

Unexpected Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

(At the same time with Minkkura's Baseball date.)

"Appa! Hurry up! I'm hungry!"

Taeng hurriedly grabbed his phone and wallet. He was just finished changing and was not expecting his daughter to be ready this fast.

"Okay, okay. I'm ready."

Chaewon holding a pamphlet in front of Taeng's face.

"Appa, it's been awhile right? Let's eat Gopchang*~!"

Taeng scanned the pamphlet in Chaewon's hand.

"But we promised Saachan we're gonna eat this together remember?" Chaewon pouted.

She put down the pamphlet and look at her father with puppy eyes. As a father who doted on his daughter so much,of course he can't win those stares. Besides, as a whipped father, he couldn't even resist her pout. Taeng rolled his eyes.

"Alright alright you win. But don't tell Saachan we ate this okay?"

Chaewon cheered. As a descendant of Satan itself, of course she will tell her sister about this. No, she loves both her father and her sister. But their reaction was priceless. She already can imagine panicked Taeng and enraged Sakura. And oh boy she can't wait for that to happened. 

--

"Sorry Jessi. I promised Yoong to go to Lotte World today."

Sooyeon pouted over the phone. 

"But I missed Yoong too! Didn't he missed me?!" Sooyeon whined. She could hear chuckled from the other side.

"He missed you too. Blame Yul. He's the one who brought up about Lotte World."

Sooyeon cursed under her breath and Tiffany just laugh it off.

"Aww come on. Let the boy breath will ya? My baby needs his playtime too."

"But--"

She could hear Yoong screaming like crazy. She figures the family has arrived in Lotte World.

"Sorry, Jess. I'll call you tonight! Promised!"

Before Sooyeon could reply, Tiffany has ended the call. She grunted and search on her contact lists again.

Soojung? In the hospital.

Sunny? Probably on a date.

Hyoyeon? I just met her yesterday!

She scrolled again and again. She threw her phone on the sofa, knowing well that she don't really have that many friends, especially when she just got back to Korea after long time. She could hear her stomach growling.

"Argh, whatever. I'm just gonna order something."

She was staring at the pamphlet. And she cursed under her breath for a thousand times.

"But how am I gonna ordered something when I don't know how?!"

She was staring at one pamphlet near her. She grab the pamphlet and read it thoroughly. Her smile brightened.

"It's near!"

She retouch her light make up and grabbed her purse. Jessica Jung Sooyeon will eat by herself for the first time.

--

".... And Hiichan just hit Yuri's hand and said 'Keep your filthy hand from my cheeks.' I swear, that was scary."

The duo father and daughter was on their way to the Gopchang restaurant. It was a routine for this two to shares about their life. Chaewon was excitedly sharing an interesting stories about her friends and Taeng just loved to hear about her friends. And it is normal for them to holding hands, eventhough Chaewon was already in high school. 

As they were near the restaurant, Taeng saw someone oddly familiar in front of the restaurant. The later was hesitating to go inside the restauant. Taeng slowly approach the later while Chaewon looking at her father, confused.

"Sooyeon?"

The later turn their head, fast. Her eyes widened.

"Taeng oppa?"

Sooyeon catch a glimpse to a girl behind Taeng's back. It felt like she has seen the girl but she doesn't know where.

While Chaewon, her eyes widened. Her favorite person, her idol, her muse, was standing in front of her. And somehow she knew her father.

"What are you doing here?" Taeng break the silence. Sooyeon scratch her neck awkwardly.

Taeng realized that she was looking at Chaewon, his daughter. He slap his forehead and ushered Chaewon to stand beside him.

"I forgot, Yul is the only one who knows her. This is Kim Chaewon, my daughter."

Sooyeon stare at the girl, who was stunned, in front of her. She's really cute. Sooyeon smile and offer a handshake. Chaewon clumsily shakes her hand.

"Have we met before?" Sooyeon asked the girl. Chaewon nodded her head.

"Y-Yes. I am Minjoo's friend. W-We have talked before on Skype?"

With the mention of her youngest sister, Sooyeon clapped her hand excitedly.

"Oh! You are the one who likes me!"

Chaewon blushed while Taeng look at the pair, confused.

"Wait, you know her?" He asked Chaewon. Chaewon nodded excitedly.

"She's the designer of Blanc & Eclare, appa! And she's Minjoo's eldest sister!"

Now it's Taeng's turned who got shocked. He has no idea that his ex-girlfriend is the sister of his daughter's best friend. Life is so small.

"Wow, isn't that amazing? Are you gonna get your lunch here or you just finished your lunch?" Taeng asked Sooyeon. Sooyeon grinned sheepishly.

"I'm going to eat in here, oppa. But they don't have any tables left." Taeng bob his head. It's been awhile since the last time they've met. Their last meeting was on the bar and they barely catch up with each other. Besides, it seems like his daughter is a fan of her. Maybe I should invite her.

"You want to eat with us? We already booked our table. Are you coming here alone or..?"

Sooyeon's eyes widened and shake her head

"No no. I don't want to disturb your lunch with your daughter, oppa. It's okay, I could go to another restaurant."

Sooyeon was about to leave when she felt a hand stopping her softly. It was Taeng's hand.

"It's okay. Beside, my daughter probably giving me a really scary stare right now if you reject my humble request."

Sooyeon gaze at the younger girl who was pouting behind her father. The sight was too cute that she let out a giggle. It's been awhile since the last time Taeng hear her giggle and it makes him grinned widely.

"Help me, please?" Sooyeon smile and patted his hand.

"Okay, I'm gonna save you." Taeng grinned and patted Chaewon's head.

"Hear that, princess? Thank you, by the way. This lunch is on me."

The three of them went inside the restaurant. The waitress ushered them to their reserved table. After ordering their lunch, Chaewon stare at the now awkward adults in front of her. She could feel something between the two.

"So, how did you know Sooyeon unnie, appa?"

Taeng turned his attention to his daughter. He took a glance at Sooyeon, who was fidgeting.

"Uh.. We.. Go to the same high school?"

Chaewon raised her brow and stare at her father, not buying his answer. Taeng sighed. He know that what Chaewon wants, Chaewon gets.

"She was my.. friend in high school."

And this was not something Chaewon imagined. Her idol, her best friend's sister, was her father's friend? That was indeed shocking. She look carefully at the said woman. Chaewon is not dense like her dad and her sister. She probably the most sensitive among the three. She could feel something from the older woman. The way she took a glance to her dad, the way she looks hurt and dejected at the mention of being her dad's friend. She knew something was up with Sooyeon and she kinda figure it out somehow. 

"So, are you guys like bestfriend or something?"

Chaewon stare at her dad and Sooyeon back to back.

"Whats with you being curious like this, princess?" Taeng asked, amused.

This is the first time he ever saw Chaewon being so eager to know about his relationship with womans other han her mother. Chaewon just shrugged her shoulder.

"Can't I ask? It's not like you're dating now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter