Chapter 8

Unexpected Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

Two months has passed since Sakura moved to Korea. As she started to get comfortable with her life in Korea, she also find a thing that she love the most in Korea, street food. She was a huge fan of cheese corndogs. Yena and Hyewon took her to one of the Ttoppoki house they always visit before they went to PC Room. And Sakura just found a reason to not leave Korea.

"And you know, the way the cheese stretched is so.. yabai!" Minjoo laughing so hard with the way Sakura tell her stories.

After their meeting on the school garden months ago, they have met frequently in their "secret place". Sakura will always went here after she went to the cafetaria with Hyewon and Yena. "I took extra korean lesson." she said to her friends. Knowing Yena and Hyewon, they remain unbothered whenit comes to lectures or lessons or whatever equals to studying. They'd rather spent their remaining break time to play game. And Sakura loves them for that.

"Did you really have to widened your eyes like that, sunbae?" Said Minjoo while she wiped her tears.

Minjoo, on the other hand, is having a hard time to ditched her friends to leave after their lunch breaks. You couldn't blame them though. They were always spending their break time together, and Minjoo is actually feel bad about that. But after being friends with them quite long, she knew gardening is one thing they wouldn't do. Chaewon, being a princess herself, would rather sleep in their class. While Yuri, well.. she was always playing games so it's easy for her to ditch Yuri. The hardest was Hitomi. As the fluffy monster enjoys gardening as well, she always wanted to tag along. But she is too whipped to a certain princess so she'd rather to spent her break time with the princess.

"But it is shocking! We do have corndog in Japan, but the cheese doesn't stretched like that!"

Minjoo look at Sakura, amused. The Japanese never fail to make her laugh with all her stories. Sakura always told her stories about her life back in Japan. And sometimes she was wondering why Sakura decided to move in Korea when she loved Japan so much. They never really talk about their private life. They don't know about each other families, friends, and even they don't know each other's classes. They only know names and Minjoo kinda guessing Sakura is her senior because they have met each other for the first time in 3rd class's corridors.

"Your love for cheese is amazing, sunbae." Minjoo smile at Sakura.

To Sakura, Minjoo is the real definition of a perfect human being. At first, she admitted that she fall for her because of her visual only. But after actually spending time with the younger girl (she assume Minjoo is younger than her as she always refer her as sunbae), her heart is as beautiful as her visual. Minjoo didn't really talk much about herself, and she respect that. But by her actions, like how Minjoo attentively listen to her whenever she shareher stories, how she laugh at her not so funny gags, how she always take care of the plants in the garden (Yes, Sakura purposely arrived sooner just to watch Minjoo takin care of the plants), how she loved playing with the stray cat who was on her lap sleeping (Sakura wished it was her), and many more.

She likes her, thats for sure. But after spending more time with Minjoo, Sakura realized that she loves her, too much that it scared her. What if Minjoo doesn't see her the same way? What if Minjoo already have a boyfriend, or girlfriend? What if Minjoo got scared, or worse, doesn't want to meet her if she finds out her feelings?

What if--

"Sunbae?"

Sakura didn't realized that she was dazing out. She stare at Minjoo who look at her concerned.

"Sunbae, are you okay?" Sakura shake her head and grinned at Minjoo.

"I'm okay, don't worry. Just.. Thinking?"

"Thinking about me?" Minjoo .

"Yeah."

Minjoo and Sakura look at each other. Sakura couldn't believe how dumb she was. She smile at her sheepishly while scratching the back of her head.

"Eheh.. I mean.. I.. Was thinking ifyouwannaseebaseballgamewithmethissaturday."

Minjoo blinked and smile.

"What? I can't understand if you talk that fast, sunbae." Sakura cleared .

"Do.. you want to see baseball game with me this saturday? I- got two tickets from my.. friend."

"Is it a date?" Minjoo asked, amused.

"W-well if you want to see this as a date, then it's a date."

Minjoo stare at her senior amusedly. One time she was the most confident person she ever met, but she could be this shy and unconfidence. She giggle.

"Thank you for the invitation, sunbae."

Sakura's face lit.

"You wanna come with me?"

Minjoo look at her apologetically.

"I'm so sorry, sunbae. But I always spend my weekend with my family. I don't know if I could come.."

Minjoo saw how Sakura's expression change instantly from happy to.. dissapointed? Sad? And Minjoo couldn't help but feel bad. Sakura look at her and smile.

"It's okay! Family is more important."

The school bell rang. Break time is over. Sakura lift herself up and offer her hand to help Minjoo. After dusting their skirt, they look at each other again.

"I'm so sorry, sunbae." Sakura grinned.

"Hey, it's okay! Don't feel bad about it. I'll see you tomorrow?"

Minjoo gave her a little smile and nodded.

"See you tomorrow."

Sakura waved at her and went to her class. Minjoo look at her back and sighed.

--

Hyewon and Yena observed their soulless friend who is now put her head on her desk and stare at the window. She's been like this since she got back from her 'Korean Study'.

"What do you think happened to her, Kwangbae?" Hyewon rubbed her chin.

"She got more homework?" Yena rubbed her pouted mouth.

"Nah, don't think so. She has a crush on her teacher?" Hyewon turn her head to Yena.

"Ooh? I thought she like her angel?" Yena snickers.

"We never found her. Maybe she was imagining things." 

"Now you mention it. We never found her huh."

Sakura lift her head and stare at her friends, hard.

"What?" Hyewon and Yena said in unison. Sakura sighed and drop her head again.

"Nothing. Just thinking why am I being friends with you too."

"Well, my friend," Yena patted Sakura's head

"Gamer are destined to be with each other's friends!" Hyewon nodded.

"Besides, if it's not us, who would want to be your friend anyway."

"Exactly!"

"Look at our classmates, no one talks with you." Yena nodded.

"So you should be grateful you have us, Kkura!"

Sakura sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter