Chapter 7

Unexpected Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

...

...

Saachan..

"Saachan?"

Sakura snapped from her dreamland and saw her father and her sister staring at her.

"Huh?"

"Done daydreaming?" Chaewon asked while munching her food. Taeng look at her, concerned.

"Saachan, you okay? You barely touch your food."

Sakura smile at her dad and eat her food.

"I'm fine, papa. Don't worry."

Taeng stare at her but did not say anything. He thought that would be crossing the line as he was still trying to get to know about his first born.

"So, how was your day girls?"

"Nothing ne- Oh! Neechan visit me at my class today during break."

Sakura's eyes widened while Taeng look interested.

"Wow really? What's the occasion, Saachan?"

"J-Just, you know.. Get to know more about school? I mean, I asked my friends to show me Chaewon's class."

Chaewon rolled her eyes while Taeng look at her proudly. He turn his head to Chaewon.

"Isn't that good, Wonnie?"

"Well yeah, but she was looking for something, or rather, someone else."

"I- I wasn't!" Sakura hurriedly took her almost empty plate and put it on the sink.

"T-Thanks for the food. I'll be going first. I've got homework to do."

"Do you mean games to do?"

Sakura glare at Chaewon. Chaewon stuck her tongue out. Taeng grinned.

"Oh! Before I forgot,"

Sakura and Chaewon look at their dad.

"I'll be coming home late tomorrow so don't forget to grab some foods for dinner okay?"

Sakura and Chaewon nodded. Sakura went to her room while Chaewon continue eating.

"It's rare for you to stay late."

Taeng glance at his daughter.

"Remember Yul samchon?" Chaewon nodded.

"Well, he's back from Italy. So I'm going to have a drink with him." Taeng grinned.

"Well, make sure you don't drink too much. You're a loser for alcohol, appa."

Taeng ruffles Chaewon's hair.

"Will do, princess."

--

"So..."

Sakura turn her head. Hyewon and Yena was trailing behind her.

"What?"

"Are you trying to find your angel again today?"

Sakura rolled her eyes and walk faster. She could sense that both of her friends were following her. She halted and turn around.

"Okay, stop."

Hyewon and Yena stop on their track.

"I'm not gonna find her okay? Beside, I only went to the freaking toilet."

Hyewon and Yena look up. It was indeed a toilet.

"So, unless you want to pee or.. doing another business here.."

Sakura went inside the cubicle. She was waiting for her friends to leave. She was, in fact, trying to use all her luck to find her 'angel' again. She refused to believe that the one she bumped into was not real. She keeps waiting until she heard no voice of Hyewon and Yena. She even pretending to pee, just to make sure they believe her, especially Hyewon. It's easy to trick Yena, but Hyewon is a nightmare. That girl catch things pretty quick. But you could aslo used food to distract her. And ofcourse Sakura has already put the food for plan B. After making sure that it is safe for her to come out, she quickly run toward her sister's class. 

"Okay. Where is Chaewon.."

She scanned her sister's class and found her sister, together with Yuri and Hitomi, was sitting on their seat. After making sure her sister was on her seat, she scanned the whole class.

"Where are you..."

There's no sign at all for her angel. Sakura sighed. Is she not the one that Kwangbae and Yena thought? Sakura walk away from her sister's class. She was not in the mood to go back to her class so she just walk around aimlessly. She didn't realized that she arrived at the school garden. She look around. Definitely not a popular spot, huh.. Sakura look around the garden. I used to hang out at the school garden in Japan. She walk to the spot under the tree and sat herself in there. It was a good spot. She lay herself down and put her hands behind her head. Slowly, she closed her eyes. I guess lady luck is not on my side again today..

..

..

"Excuse me.."

Sakura shot her eyes open, fast. That voice.. She sat up quickly, only to find the girl she has been looking for, sitting beside her and staring at her, shocked.

"Y-you.."

They both said at the same time. Sakura scratch her neck while Minjoo look down to her lap, blushing. Sakura take a glance at the girl beside her. She's here.. She's.. Real..

"Um.."

Sakura snaped from her thoughts and stare at the girl, again.

"Oh.. Sorry! For.. staring.. It must be scary huh.. I'm so sorry. Did I make you uncomfortable? Do you want me to--"

Minjoo giggle. Am I being blessed by her giggles..? Minjoo cleared .

"You did it again."

"A-ah.. sorry.."

Minjoo giggle.

"It's okay. Oh, and I'm sorry to for waking you from your nap.."

Sakura shakes her head.

"No no no! I-It's fine! I'm not taking a nap."

Minjoo gave Sakura a smile. Sakura could feel her heart beat faster and faster and fast-

"Do you went here a lot?"

"H-huh?" Sakura stop being an idiot challenge: failed.

"Here, the garden. This is your first time here?"

Sakura nodded. Minjoo look around the garden, while Sakura keep looking at Minjoo, secretly of course. Wow.. She's seriously yabai.. She can't help but drawn into the beautiful face until another pair of orbs staring back at her.

"You did it again~" Minjoo whined. Sakura panicked.

"I'm sorry! You're too beautiful I--"

She slap shut while Minjoo is smiling shyly.

"You're a smooth one aren't you." 

Minjoo stand up and dust her skirt.

"Anyway, see you."

Minjoo start to walk away. Sakura, still blankly stare at her, snapped. She hurriedly get up and run after Minjoo.

"Wait!"

Minjoo turn her head.

"Will I see you again? Uh.. Here?"

Sakura, being a coward, standing at the back of the pillar of the hallway. Minjoo giggled.

"Why don't you find out tomorrow?"

--

It's a busy night in Seoul, eventhough it still Thursday. Officemates where having a dinner, couples having a date, and bunch of students are hading home. It's been awhile for Taeng to walk around at night like this. Usually at this time, he was alredy home, having a dinner with his daughter. Well, they have dinner outside the house occasionally but it's quite rare as it only happened on weekends night. Taeng walk toward his favorite bar. Located at the back of the street. Only locals know about this place. They served amazing foods and drinks. And the owner is close to him. He used to go here with Reika when they visit Seoul. The owner knows Reika too. He smile sadly. All memories of his late ex-wife suddenly appeared. 

Taeng and Reika used to be the hottest couple amongst their friends. They compliment each other. When Taeng get lonely or sad whenever he think about his ex, Sooyeon, Reika was always there to cheer him up. He used to think Reika as his closest dongsaeng in Japan. But after get to know each other better, they actually start to date. And after one particular night, they promised to each other that they will take care of their little bundle of joy. It was hard, especially when you become a parents in your early 20s. But it was fun. After their second bundle of joy born, life couldn't get any better. At least that's what they thought. Being scammed by the company you trusted your life, your family's life with is not easy. It was hard. Really hard. Reika always there for him, and he was genuinly glad. But after piles of debts haunt them, he couldn't bear to watch his wife to suffer. So he decided to divorced her. He took Chaewon back to Korea as that was main part of their agreements. Their relationship was fine, even after divorce. But Taeng has promised himself he would not shows up until he cleared all his debts. Although, he always bring Chaewon to Japan to stay with her mother on vacation time.

Taeng sighed. I hope you are happy up there, Reika. He smile. Don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter