Chapter 1

Unexpected Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

"Saachan?"

Sakura turn her head. There stand a man, her dad, whom she rarely saw for five years. She keeps in touch with her younger sister but rarely talk with her dad, only talk to him by the phone. But seeing him in a person was still a little awkward for her.

"Yes Papa?"

Taeng smiled. It's been awhile for him to be called Papa. Chaewon always called her Appa ever since they moved to Korea. How he missed his oldest daughter. But he knew, as Sakura has the same personality as him, both of them was still awkward with each other. That's why he was trying so hard to approach her first.

"Was this all?"

He shows her the boxes and looked around Sakura's now empty bedroom. Sakura nodded.

"Yeah I guess that's all. Has Wonnie done with Mama's stuffs?"

Taeng shrugged.

"I don't know. She don't want to be disturb. She is bonding with Mama, she said."

Sakura smile sadly. Poor her little sister. Only able to bond with their mom after she died. Taeng smile sadly and patted Sakura's head awkwardly.

"Hey, don't worry okay? Mama is in better place now. She's not hurting anymore."

Sakura just nodded and fixed her hair. She turned to her dad.

"Papa, do I really have to go with you guys to Korea? I mean, no offense but I'm already 18. I could lived alone here. I can take care of myself. And if you worried, Murashige's house is close-"

"Saachan-"

"You're coming with us, Neechan."

Chaewon walked in to Sakura's room. Her eyes were puffy, a sign that she was crying.

"But Wonnie-"

"No."

Chaewon cut her.

"We will not live apart again. I'm sick of hearing you on the phone only. I missed you- no, we missed you. And I'm afraid you'll only play your game for the rest of your life if we let you lived alone here."

Taeng smile and embracing his youngest daughter's side.

"Wonnie is right, Saachan. Papa promised your Mama to take you back to Korea. And I promised you, you will love Korea."

Sakura sighed. She has no other choice when her mom was mentioned. Beside, she could speak Korean, a little. It's not that hard actually to lived in Korea. She looked at her dad and her sister.

"What choice do I have now huh."

Chaewon smirked.

"Oh Neechan. You will change your mind after you visit PC Room in Korea."

With the mention of PC Room, her eyes twinkled. She clapped her hands.

"Well what are we waiting for?! Let's go people!"

Taeng and Chaewon laughed so hard by her antics. Taeng helped Sakura bring her last boxes downstairs. Chaewon were already outside, complaining how she was sweaty. Sakura take a one last look to her home with her mom. A home where both of them has been living for the past thirteen years, just the two of them. All the memories with her mom suddenly flashing by. She wiped her tears and bowed for the last time.

Thank you for letting me stay here with Mama. Thank you for the memories. I promised I'll be back.

After her final greeting to her home, she left.

--

Taeng took a glance at his oldest daughter from the rear mirror. Sakura just stared outside the car, while Chaewon is fast asleep due to exhaustion. He was thinking hard, what should he do to cheer her up. Suddenly, idea popped into his mind.

"Saachan, do you want to go to Murashige's before we leave?"

Sakura turned her head almost immediately with the mention of her best friend's name.

"Can we do that?"

Sakura look at her dad hopefully. Taeng smiled and nodded.

"Of course. Where are the address?"

Sakura excitedly typed Murashige's address to the GPS and went to her phone, probably letting Anna know that she's on her way to Anna's house. Taeng smiled proudly to himself.

Good job me. I did a good job heh Reiko?

After fifteen minutes driving, they finally arrived at Murashige's neighborhood. Sakura woke Chaewon up.

"Huh? We arrived already?"

"Come on Wonnie. I want to introduce you to my best friend."

Chaewon's eyes sparked.

"Aanya? We're at Aanya's house?"

Sakura nodded excitedly and grab Chaewon's hand. The two sister step out from the car, waiting for their father. Taeng purposedly took his sweet time just to turn off the car. He loves to tease his daughters. Sakura and Chaewon yelled at him impatiently. Taeng just laughed and went to his daughters. Sakura leads the way to Murashige's hou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter