Chapter 22

Unexpected Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

"Appa, what did you promised her?"

Taeng and Saka turned their head to see Chaewon who was standing outside the kitchen. Taeng avoid her eyes and look somewhere while Sakura look at her younger sister apologetically.

"Won--"

"And what do you mean you're going back, unnie?"

Chaewon glare at Sakura.

"Was it because of Minju?"

Sakura lowered her head. Chaewon clicked her tongue.

"I can't believe you. Just because your heart got hurt then you run away like that?"

Chaewon walked away and stomped her feet, going upstairs. She slammed her bedroom door. Taeng put his hand on Sakura's shoulder who was looking down.

"Saachan, please think about it carefully okay? I will talk--"

"It hurts."

Taeng heard soft sniffles. Sakura hastily wiped her eyes.

"How did you do that, appa?"

Taeng lowered himself.

"Do what, sweetheart?"

Sakura sniffed.

"Leaving Sooyeon unnie? Leaving mama?"

Taeng stare at his daughter, speechless. For once, he doesn't know what to do.

--

Minju stare at the TV blankly. She's been doing that ever since she got back from school. Sooyeon and Soojung watch their sister from afar. Soojung nudged Sooyeon.

"DId something happened while I'm away, unnie?"

Sooyeon sighed.

"I honestly don't know too. But I do think I had a hunch."

Sooyeon walk toward Minju, leaving a confused Soojung who catching up with her sister. Sooyeon took a seat beside Minju while Soojung took a seat at the left sofa. Sooyeon caressed Minju's hair.

"Baby, is something wrong?"

Minju didn't say anything but her tears falls by its own. Soojung and Sooyeon got panicked.

"Oh my god, baby. Are you okay??"

Minju shake her head and cried louder this time. She wiped her tears.

"I don't know what to do, unnie.."

Sooyeon brought Minju into her embrace while Soojung moved herself to the empty spot beside Minju. The older sisters tried their best to make their younger sister calm.

"Shh.. It's okay baby. Let it out. You could talk to us after you're calm enough okay?"

Minju really took her time to cry out her hidden emotion for these past months. She resting her head to Sooyeon's shoulder while Soojung caressing her back softly and Sooyeon drawing circle in her hand.

"Unnie.."

All Sooyeon and Soojung attention went straight to Minju.

"Yes baby."

"What is it?"

Minju smile softly at how her sisters answered it immediately.

"Can I.. be selfish for once?"

Sooyeon and Soojung look a each other.

"Of course you can, Min. No one forbid you to be selfish."

Soojung nodded at Sooyeon's statement Minju lift her head and look at Sooyeon.

"Even if it will hurt others?"

Sooyeon stare at Minju. I knew it. It must be something with Saku-chan. Sooyeon held her hand.

"Even if it hurt others. It's okay, Min. It's fine. You have to think about yourself than thinking about others."

Minju teared up again and hugged Sooyeon.

"I hurt her, unnie."

Sooyeon look helpless and just hgging Minju without a word. Soojung stare at the two in confusion.

"What the hell happened while I'm not here?"

--

Taeng put a cup of hot tea in front of Sakura. She was fidgeting on her seat.

"Relax, Saachan. Let Chaewon cool down herself first. You can talk to her in the morning."

Sakura nodded. Taeng sat across Sakura, watching her. He was smiling, Sakura resemble his late ex-wife a lot. He took a sip from his cup.

"Papa.."

Taeng hummed. He put down his cup.

"About the promise, will you let me?"

Sakura hasn't lift her head. Taeng sighed.

"Listen, I know I promised that you could go back to Japan if you're feeling uncomfortable in here,"

Taeng stare at Sakura.

"Are you uncomfortable staying here? With me and Chaewon?"

Sakura lift her head and shake her head hurriedly.

"No, no. Don't get me wrong, Papa. I really like it staying here with you guys,"

Taeng rest his arms on top of the table.

"Did you have a hard time making friends here?"

Sakura shake her head hesitantly. Taeng smile.

"Then, I don't see a problem here?"

Sakura groaned. Yes, she wasn't thinking straight when she decided to leave. If she leave, what about hersister who's been dying to live with her this whole life? What about Yena and Hyewon? Those two has been nothing but a supportive and great friends to her. What about her favourite ahjumma who sells the best Yukhoe in town? Taeng knew he hit the bullseye. He reached out his hand and grab Sakura's hand softly.

"Saachan, I.. kinda knew about your relationship with Minju."

Taeng felt Sakura flinched but he keep holding her hand gently.

"And I'm fine with it. Seriously. I knew about it from Sooyeon. She's the one who told me about you guys."

Sakira nodded her head. They stay in silence. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter