Chapter 3

Unexpected Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

Sakura was never a morning person, as she was always playing games until late night. But this particular day, she woke up early by herself. She was so tired from the flight and the moving process to her father's house. She yawned and scratched her head. New day huh.. She thought herself. She tuned her head and look at the picture of her and her mother. She took the picture and smile a little.

"Morning mama. It's my first day today. Please look after me."

She kissed the picture and put it down on the table. She get up and took a glance at the clock.

"Has Wonnie woke up?"

She talk to herself as she went on her way to her sister's room, just across her room. She opened it up and look around. Chaewon is definitely a princess. Her room gives a girly yet gentle vibes. She smiled at the family pictures from years ago, when their parents was still married. She walked to her sister's bed.

"Wonnie, wake up.It's morning-"

She stop herself when she saw her sister was glaring at her. She gulped. What did I do again?! Chaewon turn her back on Sakura.

"Don't wake me up neechan. I will wake up only with my alarm."

Sakura take a look at Chaewon's phone.

"But your phone is dead.. right?"

Chaewon grunted and get up.

"And who's fault is that?"

"Aw come on Wonnie, I already apologized! I promised I'll buy the one new after school today."

Chaewon smirked and hugged Sakura.

"I already forgive you and was planning to buy one too. But since you'll buy it for me, morning neechan!"

Chaewon run to the bathroom. Sakura was dumbfounded. She just got scammed by her own sister.

"Yah Kim Chaewon! Dammit! I saved my money to buy game!"

With that, she went to her own bathroom, mumbling how unfair life is and how much she have waited to play that game, and get ready to school.

--

"Girls! Breakfast ready!"

Taeng yelled from downstairs. He already prepared a breakfast for his daughters, his speciality, scrambled egg and toast. He could hear bickering from upstairs. He chuckled. How noisy his house now. Not that he's complaining, he loved it. Before, Chaewon usually slept until 30 minutes before school start. He either coming home at dawn, or had to leave early. He felt bad for his youngest, that's why he agreed to stop taking frelances job and just do photoshoot with magazines. Sakura and Chaewon both finally downstairs and sit on the dining table. While Chaewon looks extremely fine with the breakfast, Sakura looks troubled. Taeng look at her worried.

"Do you want another food Saachan? You don't like toast?"

Chaewon turned her head to face her sister with jam on her hand. Sakura shakes her head.

"No papa, I'm fine with toast but... Isn't it.. burned?"

Chaewon snickered. 

"It's actually pretty normal today, neechan. There was a time it was completely burned."

Taeng smacked his youngest head and smile awkwardly.

"Well.. At least there's food huh?"

Sakura sighed and grab he strawberry jam. She spread the jam while looking at her sister and her father. So they've been eating this kind of food? Sakura stare hard at her burned toast. 

"Is it okay if I make the breakfast tomorrow?"

Taeng and Chaewon stopped whatever they were doing and look at Sakura, and then look at each other, and look at Sakura again. Sakura rolled he eyes.

"You can cook?"

Chaewon asked her sister. Sakura nodded. 

"It's fine for me. But are you sure? You'll have to wake up early."

Taeng seems concerned. It is well known that Taeng spoiled his youngest so much. He won't let Chaewon do the laundry, clean the house, cooking, etc. That's why her friends calling her princess and Chaewon, being Chaewon, remained unbothered and simply let her father spoiled her. Sakura nodded.

"I'm always the one who makes breakfast back in Japan so it's fine, papa."

It was half truth and half lying. She knows how her father is, knowing that from Chaewon's story whenever they had a call. Well, she only prepared breakfast when her mom working late, so that's the truth. But Sakura, beuing a lazy genius, knows that her father won't let her do that. So she had to lie a little. Besides, she think that she had to do something for her family too. Taeng smile and nodded.

"Alright if you want, the kitchen is yours in the morning."

Sakura smiled. The three of them continue their breakfast and clean their plate once they're done. Sakura walk to the sofa to get her backpack and turned to see Chaewon, instead of taking her bag, she was sitting instead. Sakura raised her brow.

"School, Wonnie? Let's go?"

Chaewon looked at her, raised her brow as well.

"Hm? Yeah."

She said that but remained sitting.

"Well, let's go? We're gonna be late."

Chaewon looked at her, confused.

"Huh? Of course we're not gonna late. Appa will drove us to school."

"Ahh.. Sorry I thought we're going with bus."

She sat down beside Chaewon. Chaewon then snuggled to her sister. Sakura smiled and patted her head. Taeng, who just finished getting ready, saw the adorable view from the back. He almost squealed and took his phone. He take a picture of his daughters snuggling. AREN'T THEY ADORABLE?!?!?! He screamed on his head. He smile and went to his daughters. He patted their head to get their attentions.

"Alright kiddos. Let's go."

--

After Taeng parked the car on the school parking, Chaewon excused herself to go to her class. Sakura and Taeng went to the Principal Office to take care of Sakura's administrations. Arrived at her class, she scan the whole class and finally saw her two bestfriends. She put her bag on her seat and greet her friends.

"So, missed me?"

Yuri and Hitomi turned their head when they saw some snacks with Japanese thrown to Yuri's desk.

"Ya! Why it is so hard to contact you?!"

Yuri yelled at Chaewon while Hitomi nodded.

"As far as I know, Japan and Kore has only two hours difference Chae, not 36 hours."

Chaewon look at her friends, amused.

"Clingy much?"

Yuri and Hitomi rolled their eyes. Chaewon snickered.

"Alright sorry sorry. My sister accidentally throw my charger back in Japan, and I'm the only one who used this phone model in the house."

"Yeah yeah like we're gonna buy that kind of reason."

Hitomi rolled her eyes, while Yuri already munching the snack that Chaewon brought.

"It's true though!"

Chaewon said while poking Hitomi's cheek. How she missed playing with the later's cheeks.

"So, how's your mom?"

Yuri asked with full. Chaewon sighed and stop poking Hitomi's cheek.

"She... passed away.That's why it took longer for us to stay there. We ave to take care of her funeral and stuffs."

Yuri stopped eating while Hitomi took Chaewon's hand from her cheek. She rubbed her hand.

"Chaewon-ah.. We're sorry for your lost.."

"Yeah.. Sorry Chae."

Chaewon smilea little and rubbed back Hitomi's hand.

"It's alright. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter