Chapter 23

Unexpected Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

Sakura was standing in front of Chaewon's room. She take a deep breath before mustering her courage to knocked on the Princess's door. She knocked twice and wait for any response.

"Go away."

Sakura sighed.

"Don't you want to talk with me? Won?"

She waited for a couple of seconds before the door was opened by a cold looking person. If looks could kill, Sakura must be in hell right now.

"Can I come in?"

Chaewon didn't say anything but let go of the door. Sakura took that sign as permission. Once she closed the door, she stand near the door awkwardly.

"Don't you have flight to catch? To Japan?"

Chaewon asked sarcastically. Sakura rolled her eyes but decided to play along.

"Yeah, that's why I'm hereto say my final farewell to you."

Chaewon turned her head instantly and give Sakura her best glare. And yes, Sakura was shaking out of fear.

"YOU REALLY GOING?! LEAVING ME?!"

Chaewon was so ready to launch her infamous punch before Sakura hold her wrist to stopped her.

"No, no! I'm just kidding!"

Chaewon huffed and looked away. Sakura was panting, but stopped herself when she heard a sniff.

"Chae,"

Sakura walked toward her sister. She was contemplating whether she pat her head or rub her back. She choose to pat her head as that was the safest choice.

"Chae, I'm sorry okay?"

Chaewon pushed her hand but never turned her head.

"Just go. Leave me again here. I don't care."

Chaewon wiped her eyes.

"But the moment you decided to leave, that will be the moment I no longer have a sister."

Sakura grimaced. Yes, that was harsh. But knowing how lonely Chaewon was, and how she always hoped for Sakura and their mother to lived together with them. That was a silly wish, but a child could only hoped. Sakura knew how her sister has been struggling alone to find a friend with tha cold face, that's why she realy appreciated her friends. And she kinda know how her sister has been going home alone these past few months means she's having a fight with her friends, prorably Minjoo. She felt extremely bad with the thought of she was the reason why her sister has been distant with her friends. Sakura rubbed the back of her neck.

"Chae, I'm really sorry for asking that question last night. Papa does made a promise before we moved here, if I wanted to go back to Japan because I feel like I'm not comfortable living here, he will allow me to go back to Japan. But we was talking last night, and I know I've said something that I shouldn't have said because I was.. confused? I'm sorry if I hurt your feeling."

Chaewon didn't say anything. She sniffed and wiped her runny nose. Sakura just watching her back warmly. In this family, they are not really used getting all mushy-mushy with each other. They kind of awkward to express their feeling. Sakura actually doesn't know what to do and Chaewon does't know how to react.

"And.."

Sakura rubbed her neck again.

"I still owe you a sister date remember?"

That's the only thing that made Chaewon forgive her stupid unnie.

--

"Unnie! You're so slow! Urgh!"

Sakura smile at her sister who was now... being herself. She jog a little to catch up with her sister who was now linked their arms together. They were walking at the amusement park, a place where Sakura promised Chaewon when she was visiting years ago. It was actually their mother's promise to bring the two of them to the amusement park. But as she now gone, it was Sakura's duty to keep that promise.

"Let's try that one, unnie!"

Chaewon pointed at the Vikings Pirate Ship. Sakura gulped but nodded anyway. Today, the sisters was having tons of fun (mostly Chaewon as Sakura doesn't like extreme rides). Chaewon asked Sakura to ride roller coaster (that made them take a rest for 10 minutes), sky drops (Sakura swear her heart still up there), big pendulum (Chaewon was too tired because she was laughing at her sister who always screaming) and many more. They finally had a lunch at two o'clock as they gonna wait for a parade. Chaewon was eating her share when she saw Sakura was smiling at her fondly.

"What? You're creepy."

Sakura chuckeld and shake her head.

"Nothing. I'm just glad to keep mama's promise to us."

Chaewon stop eating and put her utensil. She stare at her sister who was now looking blankly at her side.

"Unnie,"

Sakura turned her head and stare at Chaewon.

"You missed Japan, don't you?"

Sakura smile sadly. She play with her food.

"It would be a lie if I say I didn't, Won."

Chaewon nodded. The sisters was engulfed in silence. Chaewon bit her lips.

"Unnie,"

Sakura once again turned her attention to her sister.

"You promised you will visit me if I let you go to Japan?"

Sakura was taken aback with Chaewon statement. She raised her brow.

"I saw your college admission. You're planning to continue your study in Japan, didn't you?"

Sakura sighed. It's true she's been considering to continue her study in Japan. Beside, it always been her dream to study medical in Japan. She and her mama has been working hard for that dream. But she has been contemplating a lot ever since she moved to Korea. Honestly, she still hasn't think about her future study.

"Well, I.. haven't decided yet, Won. It's always been my dream and mama for me to study medical at that university. But honestly, I haven't think about my study that much."

Chaewon hummed. Actually, she feel bad. Sakura has been sacrifice a lot for her. She knew that. But she just can't helped it but acting more selfish. Chaewon sighed.

"You and her are just the same."

"Huh?"

Chaewon smile tiredly.

"You and Minjoo. Always think about others, and now makinv me feel bad because I'm too selfish."

Sakura smile apologetically.

"Well, sorry for taking all the good genes."

Sakura had to protect herself from Chaewon's punch.

"I'm sorry though. For acting too selfish."

Sakura grinned and ruffled her hair.

"Nah~ I like it more if you act spoiled like that."

Chaewon rolled her eyes and secretly enjoying her sister's affection. Sakura too, enjoyed spoiling her sister. As they were falling into a comfortable silence, Chaewon was the one who opened .

"By the way, if you want to continue your study there, I'm fine unnie."

Sakura stare at Chaewon who was looking somwhere else. When she was about to open , Chaewon turned around and glared at her.

"But I will haunt you if you're not coming home on vacation, or if you're didn't let me visit you."

Sakura laugh and shake her head.

"As you wish, Princess."

--

Minjoo was pacing back and forth while holding her phone. She's been doing that for an hour now, and it makes Soojung pissed. She walked toward Minjoo and took her phone from he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter