Chapter 14

Unexpected Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

"Why are we here again?"

Hyewon look at Yena and Yuri who was crouching in front of her. They were trying to make themselves hidden at the back of the tree. Yena turn her head.

"This is a special mission, Kwangbae. You should be honoured to be invited her."

Yuri nodded. Hyewon sighed and sit behind them. She opened her chocolate bar and eat them. She stare at the duck and hamster who was trying to catch a glimpse to a certain cat and frog.

"She doesn't need our help you know."

Yena hummed while Yuri turn her head and stare at Hyewon.

"Why did you said that, unnie?"

"Well,"

Hyewon stare at her friend and her junior.

"To me, it seems like Yena is trying to impress yo--"

"SSSHHHH!!! She's coming!"

Yena, with her face went slightly red, shushing them. They saw Sakura with her backpack went out from her classroom. They thought Sakura is going home, but she went to a different route.

"Let's go."

--

Sakura was seen running from her classroom. She was in hurry, hoping that she could catch up with the younger girl who had been ignoring her for three days now. She went downstairs, to the hall near the first year classroom. She ignored the squeals from her junior when they saw her. Her only focus was to meet Minjoo. She pant, as she was aware she's not that athlethic. I seriously need to do some exercise.. She wiped her sweat on her forehead and look around. No Minjoo. She confirmed once again before went off to the front yard. 

Minjoo was walking with Chaewon and Hitomi in the front. She was planning to go home alone but a certain living bread insist that it's been awhile since the last time they went home together. Chaewon, being whipped with the bread, only shrugged her shoulders. Yuri was excluded because she already announced that she was needed for the vocal lesson (She was not). Minjoo can't say no the the bread lover so she could only smile and nodded. But watching Hiichan hummed happily, she's happy. Chaewon steal a glance to her quite friend. She knew she need to ask Minjoo about what is going on, but knowing the other girl, she will only said no.

Suddenly, Hitomi run to the nearest playground. She waved her hand excitedly to her other friends before went to the swings. Minjoo giggled at her antics while Chaewon shakes her head before the two of them following Hitomi. As they saw Hitomi playing by herself, Minjoo take a seat to the nearest bench with Chaewon following her. They sat on the bench, watching the Bread Princess playing with the other kids. Chaewon turned her head to Minjoo.

"Minjoo, is something happened?"

Minjoo knows when Chaewon start calling her with her name, not her pet name, means that she is serious. Minjoo sighed.

"I honestly don't know myself, Chae."

Chaewon stare at her weirdly.

"Well, staring into space, losing you focus, puffy eyes, eye bags. Did you just got your heart broken or what?"

Direct hit. Minjoo can't say anything. Chaewon basically just spill everything for her. Suddenly, she felt her eyes dampened. Her vision was blured. And Chaewon is panicking.

"H-Hey.. What happened??"

"Chae! What did you do to Minguri?!"

Hitomi ru toward Minjoo worriedly when she saw tears on Minjoo's eyes. Having the two of them to talk was actually her plan as she thought something happened between the two. But when Minjoo suddenly crying, she was ready to kick someone for making her cry, even if it was her crush. Hitomi glared at Chaewon while Chaewon frantically denied the accusation.

"I didn't do anythin, I swear!"

Minjoo wiped her tears.

"S-Sorry guys.. She didn't do anything, Hii."

Hitomi relaxed herself and Chaewon heave a sigh of relief. Hitomi rubbed Minjoo's hand softly.

"Min,we're here for you. If something is on your mind--"

"I think I'm in love."

Hitomi and Chaewon stare at Minjoo with wide eyes. They look at each other and turn their head to Minjoo again.

"I'm sorry, what?"

Minjoo chuckled and wiped her tears. She lift her head and look at her two bestfriends with smile.

"Yes, guys. I think I'm in love."

Chaewon's mouth wide opened while Hitomi squeal before hugging her favorite frog. 

"Who's the lucky boy??"

"Yeah, do we know him?"

Minjoo shakes her head. She plays her fingers, a sign that she was nervous.

"It's a.. girl. She's our senior. And..I don't think you guys know her."

Now that was shocking. As far as Chaewon and Hitomi knows, Minjoo hasn't really attracted with someone. But, Chaewon had her own suspicions back in her last year in middle school as Minjoo shows some interest to their new athlethic star junior, Ahn Yujin. But Chaewon hasn't figure it out whether Minjoo's interest in Yujin is like a crush, or just merely admiration. Hitomi clapped her hand excitedly.

"We don't know her? Who was it? Chaeyeon unnie? Hyewon unnie?"

Hitomi suddenly gasped in horror.

"Don't tell me it's.. Yena unnie?! Yuri will kill you!!"

Chaewon stare at Hitomi amusedly while Minjoo's eyes widened.

"Wha- No! Of course not! And I told you, you guys might don't know her!"

Hitomi sighed and look at her expectingly. Minjoo look at her lap again, with blush this time.

"She's.. a transfer student. 3rd year,"

By the description, Chaewon start listening attentively while Hitomi, aslo realizing where this conversation is going, steal a nervous glance at Chaewon.

"I don't really know her class and she never mentioned it too I think. Or maybe I forgot. But she's Japanese,"

Oh my god. Chaewon might be looked like she's calm, but Hitomi knew she was perhaps panicking on the inside. She shoot her a worry glance but it seems Chaewon is busy with her own thought.

".. And her name is Sakura unnie."

Boom. Chaewon stare blankly at Minjoo. Hitomi gasped and turn her head to see Chaewon's reaction. Minjoo,still looking at her lap, not realizing her friends reaction. She went on with her story.

"We've met when I bumped into her. And after that, I saw her again at the garden. From there, we keep hanging out when it's our break time.."

"That's why you always went to the garden?" Hitomi asked. Minjoo nodded.

"It's like.. a promise? I guess. At first, I only think Sakura unnie is a funny senior and how nice she was for spending her time with me. And she likes the cat that always in the garden as well. And her stories are interesting, especially when she told me stories about her life in Japan. And without realizingit, I think i have a little crush on her."

Chaewon snapped from god knows where before returning her attention to Minjoo. Before that, she catched Hitomi's glance at he and she shakes her head a little. Hitomi understands and turned her attention back at Minjoo as well.

"Then why did you stop going to the garden?" Chaewon asked her. Minjoo sighed.

"I-"

Minjoo's mood turned sour again. Chaewon feel bad about her friend but she still can't believed her sister, her older sister, is close with her bestfriend. If her memories right, she didn't remember introducing both of them as Minjoo was absent on her sister's first day at school. She need to talk with her sister. Hitomi Minjoo's hair when she realized Minjoo keep silent.

"What's wrong?"

Minjoo sighed.

"I- I have this feeling- I mean, by her gesture, I thought Sakura unnie likes me too. I mean, she's so sweet and attentive. She's so... perfect. But one day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter