Chapter 18

Unexpected Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

Minjoo was still in shock with her own assumption about Sakura's identity. But she told heeself not to believe her assumption before she confirmed it with Chaewon. She walk out from the room and went to Chaewon's room. As she opened the door, only Yuri and Hitomi, who was on the bed, were there.

"Where's Chaewon?"

Hitomi turned her head to see Minjoo.

"Downstairs. Why?"

Minjoo didn't reply and just went downstairs. Hitomi and Yuri look at each other.

"Did something happened?"

Hitomi shrugged.

"Don't know. She just got back from.. bathroom.."

The two of them look at each other with wide eyes.

"Oh ."

They hurriedly waking up from their position and ran outside. Downstairs, Chaewon was in the kitchen, looking for a snacks as she got a little hungry. She was looking at the cupboard when she heard footsteps. She turned her head and found Minjoo, looking at her. She gave her questioning eyes.

"Hungry?"

Minjoo just keep silent. Her heart was beating faster. This is like the moment of truth. And she wasn't sure wether she wanted to know or not. But she must know.

"Chae.."

"Uh.. Yeah?"

Chaewon looked at her, clearly confused. 

"You know my girlfriend, don't you."

Chaewon stare at her. She knew, sooner or later, Minjoo will found out. She sighed.

"Yeah. She's my--"

"Cousin, right?"

Chaewon just look at her. Minjoo trying her best to keep her smile. 

"There's no way she's your--

"She is, Min."

Chaewon sighed and leaned her back to the counter.

"She's my sister."

Minjoo bit her lips.

"Why.."

Chaewon rubbed her neck.

"Min, listen. My sister is not someone who opened up easily. Heck, she doesn't even know you're my best friend--"

"But you know."

Minjoo look at Chaewon with hurtful eyes. Chaewon knew Minjoo was trying to hold her tears.

"You knew, about her. About me. Why don't you tell her?"

"Min-"

Chaewon stepped closer to Minjoo.

"I can't, Chae."

Chaewon stopped on her track.

"... Can't what?"

Minjoo lowered her head and shake it.

"I can't date her."

Chaewon scrunched her brows.

"What do you mean you can't date her? Of course you can-"

Minjoo lift her head and stare at Chaewon with tears b at the corner of her eyes.

"I can't, Chae. You know we're trying to make your dad and my sister's relationship working out."

"But it's their problems, not ours. You're free to date whoever you wnat, Min. Including my sister."

Minjoo stubbornly shake her head.

"If my sister find out, she'll sacrificed her own happiness. I--"

"And you think it's okay to sacrifice yours?"

Minjoo look at Chaewon who was looking back at her straight to her eyes. Chaewon's fist balled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter