Unexpected

Like day and night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul went back to Hyejin and Wheein's house and she sat on a bench in the yard. 

A couple of rescued dogs surrounded her while waving their tails.

The blonde caressed the animals and felt the tears she had been trying to contain,  finally fall.

Hyejin had gone to the yard to check the stray dogs she was keeping home and got taken aback by that view.

__ Unnie, what is going Why are you crying?

Moonbyul wiped her face with the back of her hand and smiled: 

__ Nothing really. I'm fine, Hyejin-ah.

__ Come on! Don't be such a ! Tell me what happened.__ The brunette sat beside the blonde.

__ It's just.....I wish either  Wheein or you had warned me about Yongsun and her boyfriend. And told me they are your neighbors.__ The blonde answered.

The vet had a surprised expression on her face when she replied:

__ We thought we would have time to do this easily. You've just arrived... How did you find out?

__ Apparently, Yongsun's boyfriend is my new friend. We met on the day I arrived and in two days he decided I should be invited for dinner.__ Moonbyul's voice was shaky.

__ Wow!Really???! Joon-ki is your new friend?! And you met Yongsun unnie? How was it? How did she react when she saw you?__ Hyejin couldn't help. She was a bit excited.

__ Yes, he met me by chance on my first day and helped me find your house. Then, we met again during lunchtime today and he thought it would be nice inviting me for dinner. Yongsun...Well, you know how she is. She was hurt because I vanished. Yet, she tried to corner me and wanted to know about my feelings.__ Moonbyul spoke melancholically.

__ Oh...I see. And....what about your feelings?__ Hyejin smirked.

__ You're such a sneaky , Hyejin!  You know that, don't you?

__ Of course! I still wanna know though...

Moonbyul shook her head and declared: 

__ I'm not gonna tell stuff so you go share it with your best friend!

__ I'm not! Pink promise! 

__ Hmmmm...

__ Come on, unnie! Open up!__Hyejin bumped her shoulder against Moonbyul's.

The blonde inhaled and exhaled and finally said, with sadness:

__ You know I didn't break up with Yongsun for lack of feelings. I was afraid the general could do something against her. Telling her all those lies hurt me as much as they hurt her. I never stopped loving her but I didn't expect she would be alone now that I'm back. However, actually finding out she has someone is....very painful.

__ Unnie....why don't you confess and finish all this?

__ Hyejin-ah...Joon-ki has feelings too. I am not gonna destroy someone else's life to have my happiness! 

__ You barely know him...

__ Still...It's not right! If Yongsun is living with him, he means something. It's not up to me to make a move. __ The blonde couldn't hide a hint of jealousy.

__ Well, Yongsun made a move...

__ A wrong one. She has a boyfriend.__ Moonbyul mumbled and entered the house. 

Hyejin took the dogs to a shelter and spoke to herself:

__  Why do they like so much drama?

___ x ___

Mrs Jung woke Moonbyul gently to tell her she had a visit but she didn't mention who. So, when the blonde got to the first floor, she smiled and acted as if that was not unexpected.

Joon-ki was standing there in a very good mood and he didn't wait to say what he wanted:

__ Hey, soldier. I"ve been thinking. You must have some skills to build things, like shelters for example.

__ Hmmm...I guess some would say I do. Of course, it's more the physical work. When you are in a war zone, you gotta do all kinds of things. Why?__ The blonde had a question mark on her face.

__ If I'm not mistaken, I told you about my project to build houses for unprivileged people. 

__ Yep.

__ Well, it's not totally my project. The land and a lot of resources were provided by Yongsun. Many other people have been helping us. Even though I draw the blueprints, I also take part in the handwork. I was wondering if you would like to help for a day.__ The architect explained.

The soldier didn't know how to feel about that situation. And seeing how excited the guy was to have her help was making her even more confused. On the other hand, Moon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter