Guess who's coming for dinner

Like day and night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul rang the bell and Mrs. Jung came open the door.

The soldier didn't have time to react when the older lady jumped on her arms giving her a tight hug.

__ It's you.

__ Yep, it's me.__ A very embarrassed Moonbyul responded and smiled.

__ You are even more beautiful than before but...why is it that every time we meet you are full of bruises and dangerously wounded?__ The lady asked.  

__ Hehehehehehe I guess I enjoy walking on thin ice. Ma'am, how have you been?__ The blonde asked with a soft tone of voice.

__ Thanks to you, alive and very happy with my two daughters.__ The older version of her best friend responded.

__ I'm glad, ma'am.

Wheein came from the backyard and threw herself on Moonbyul, making them fall on the sofa.

__ Unnie! It's true! Oh my God! I'm really not dreaming. Your heart is beating, your skin is warm and you smell freaking good!__ The girl was almost crying.

__ Thank you, Wheepup.__ The soldier caressed the girl's hair.

__ What happened? Weren't you supposed to arrive in 6 hours?

__ Yeah, but there was a crash in the air company system and they offered me another flight. So I took the chance to surprise you.__ Moonbyul smiled. 

__ I still can't believe my own eyes. Come, let's go upstairs. You can take a shower and rest a bit.__ The younger girl stood up and helped her best friend to do the same.

__ It was a pleasure seeing you again,  Mrs. Jung! ___ The blonde smiled. 

__ The same, child.

As the two best friends got inside Wheein's bedroom, they lost track of time and Moonbyul told the cute girl a lot about her life during the last 3 years.

Wheein also shared many things related to her carrier, living with Hyejin, and having a mother around.

The younger girl thanked the soldier for saving her mother and asked her friend to never walk out of her life again.

__ I'm sorry I made you suffer when I left. The general wanted me out of Yongsun's and your lives. Even though I threatened him, I couldn't be 100% sure he would leave all of you alone. Now he's gone, I have some unfinished business to solve in the area. So you're gonna see me often.__ Moonbyul spoke.

__ What is past stays in the past. But what is this about unfinished business?

__ That man used my mother's money in all sorts of ways, from illegal to buying some properties. I gotta make things right. For me and for my mother. 

__ You know you can count on me if you need help, right? __ Wheein held the blonde's hand.

__ Thank you, honey! Only God knows how much I missed you!__ Moonbyul squeezed her friend's hand with tenderness.

___ x ___

Hyejin had arrived early at home the day before to be able to spend some good time with Moonbyul, Wheein, and Mrs. Jung.

The following day was very busy for the soldier since she had to meet lawyers and some of her father's employees.

After a long exhausting morning, she decided to go back to Hyejin's and Wheein's place on foot and ran into the same guy from the first day. 

__ Hey, Byul. How are you doing?

__ Oh, Hi Joon-ki. To be honest, a little stressed. How about you?

__ Hey, let me introduce you to the best bakery in town. It's new but very effective. I could use some sugar in my blood right now.

__ I'm supposed to have a healthy meal but...alright. Let's go!__ The blonde laughed.

They walked for 2 minutes and entered a very cozy place and sat at a table near the window.

The man ordered some delicious cakes and teas and finally spoke: 

__ I know we're practically strangers but...Would you like to talk about what stressed you so much? Sometimes is easier than doing it to friends.

Moonbyul observed the people walking outside and exhaled:

__ My biological father was a crappy man and he has passed away recently. Now I have to take care of many things,  including cleaning all the he did.

__ I'm sorry about all that. But you seem a strong woman. Well, you gotta be. Not everyone can be a soldier.__ The guy declared.

Moonbyul laughed: 

__ I dont know if I am that strong but thank you, anyway.

__ When are going back to the army?

__ Hmmm, probably never. You see, some things were done to make sure I couldn't go back officially to the army and for the past 3 years, I was part of a special force. However, things got ugly and my superior decided he didnt want me to die there. A little ist, considering he didnt "fire" any of our guys, I must say.__ The blonde complained.

__ Well, it seems to me you were a valuable piece on his board chess and he decided you should be protected. Dont, think he did it because of your gender. I'm g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter