Goodbye to the bitterness

Like day and night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein was helping her wife Hyejin with some stray dogs they had rescued that week.

The couple bought a big house with a huge yard to be able to keep some of those animals they had been treating for a while.

Mrs. Jung lived with them and also helped to feed the pets or bathe some of them.

Hyejin had some assistants at her clinic. However, the animals she would take home were more like a personal project.

Wheein still worked with security service from time to time. Nonetheless, her main job was training new bodyguards.

Being surrounded by animals was very relaxing to the short girl and she would spend her days off playing with or taking care of them.

Wheein's mom came from outside and handed her the mail.

The girl would usually put the envelopes on the table but something caught her attention. It had a stamp from Syria and she knew whose it was even before opening it.

"The general is dead. I have some things to take care of. Would you be willing to pick me up at the airport? I arrive on the 18th. My flight lands at 2 pm."

Wheein sat on the floor because her legs were shaking with emotion and surprise.

Hyejin came from the yard bringing a two-month-old kitten and ran to her wife when she saw the girl on the floor.

__ What happened, babe?

Wheein glanced at her with wet eyes and whispered:

__ That idiot is alive! And she is coming back. Byul-yi unnie is coming back.

__ Wow! That's big! I'm happy for you, Wheein-ah. __ Hyejin smiled. 

__ That man....is dead. Am I a bad person for enjoying this info?

__ I dont think a sane person would criticize others for celebrating Hitler's death. Similar case.

__ Exactly.__ Wheein sighed.

Hyejin caressed the cute kitten and commented:

__ I just don't know how Yongsun unnie will deal with this.

__ Oh, there is that...

___ x ___

She had lost two of her favorite partners in combat that week and got ambushed by 3 terrorists who had been growing their reputation as some of the most sadistic ones.

Moonbyul tried to fight but that became impossible when she got stabbed from behind and they beat her and kicked her until she passed out.

The men would have taken their time to torture and kill her. However, they were warned the enemy forces were getting close to their base. So they fled in a hurry and she was left there.

When Moonbyul's superior saw the blonde being taken to the doctor's facility in that state, he made up his mind about some things. And he also had some news from back home to give her

It took 3 days for the blonde to gain her consciousness back and during all that time, the doctor and her captain didnt leave her side.

As soon as she opened her eyes, she felt cold water being thrown at her face and she growled:

__ Herlin, I'm gonna kick your when I'm back on my feet!

__ Can't hear ya! That's not how my men talk to their captain.

__ Bad luck for you all, 'cause I'm the superior type. I'm a woman, captain.__ She tried to stand up.

Both the doctor and the captain held her and shouted:

__ Wow wow wow, stubborn! Take it easy.

The blonde winked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter