Sehun: Bat

Deliquent

 

 

                                                          Sehun

 

Sehun hums as he walks through the aisles, searching for everything he wants. Hanging the basket from his arm, he pulls his phone out.  

 

Sehun: I'm at the store for snacks. Want anything? ^^

 

Kai: dont use emojis you look stupid

 

Sehun: Not as stupid as your spelling. :(

 

Kai: whatevr

 

Sehun: I'll see you soon! ^^

 

Kai: no emojis nosebleed

 

Sehun laughs a little to himself and shakes his head before heading over to the sandwiches. He kneels down and looks through them. He barely notices when someone approaches him. “Excuse me?”

 

Sehun gasps and quickly stand, clutching his basket close. A woman with long, black hair stares at him, also appearing a bit startled. He squints at the girl. “You’re...not going to rob me, are you?” He asks nervously. He thinks he might have seen her around school once or twice but he can't be too sure.

“What? Rob you?” She frowns. “No! And I’ve seen you too. You’re friends with Jongin, right?”

 

Sehun shifts around uncomfortably. “Yes, I tutor him too…”

 

“I’m Krystal,” She says and Sehun frowns.

 

“Oh...Krystal..."

 

“You know me?”

 

Sehun slowly shakes his head. “Uh...no, not really. Jongin...mentioned you once or twice though.”

 

Krystal smiles. “He still mentions me?”

 

“They’re...not good mentions.”

 

“Oh…” She looks a bit pained at that. Sehun can understand why he must have fallen for her. While Sehun is into guys, he can admit that she’s very pretty. He tries to smile at her, to be nice. He doesn’t like what she did to Kai but he isn’t uncivil. He shyly motions to his basket.

 

“I was um just getting snacks for our study session.”

 

“With Jongin?” She asks and Sehun nods. “So you’re behind his good behavior.”

 

Sehun laughs a little. “It’s not all me,” He says. “I like to think there’s good in everyone, even a badass punk like him. I think he just needs the right influence." Krystal’s smile seems a little forced now and he suddenly feels uncomfortable. “D-did you want something?”

 

Krystal fiddles with her phone, tapping it against her palm. “I um...I was wondering if you could do me...a favor. I know we just met…”

 

“I don’t think Jongin would be too happy with me,” He admits a bit curtly, accidentally of course. “A-and I'd like to stay on his good side…”

 

“From what I’ve heard you’re good on all of his sides, even the angry ones” She points out.

 

Sehun is a bit surprised at that. ”Huh? You...you think so?”

 

“Do you even know how much people talk about you two at school?”

 

He laughs nervously. “No,” He mutters. “U-um...I guess I can think about it; w-what did you need?”

 

“He...hasn’t returned any of my texts since last week, when he left the club,” She says.

 

“Okay?”

 

“Alright, well...can you,” Krystal shifts her weight to her other leg. “He seems to really listen to you. D-do you think you could convince him to talk to me? For real?”

 

Sehun opens his mouth to respond but he isn’t sure what to say. His phone vibrates, getting both of their attention. When he looks down, he sighs at a new text from Kai.


 

Kai: hey bring me some cola

 

Kai: please?


 

Sehun smiles a little when he uses that word. Kai knows Sehun won’t do much if he doesn’t use manners with him sometimes. And he's really trying to get the punk to be more respectful of certain things; It makes him dumbly happy.

 

“Is that Jongin?”

 

“He asked me for cola,” Sehun replies. “Please.”

 

Krystal raises her brows in surprise. “J...Jongin said please? To you?”

 

"Is that rare?"

 

"Is that rare?" Krystal repeats. "It's Jongin we're talking about. I've never, ever heard him say that...to ANYONE! I've begged him to!"

 

Sehun smiles again and tightens his grip on his phone. He takes a deep breath before turning back to the food. “Why come to me? Why not Taemin?” He asks as he grabs a chicken sandwich from the shelf.

 

"Taemin? You’re kidding, right?" Krystal follows Sehun as he heads for the beverages. He steps to squints at the drinks in the cooler. "He HATES me!” Sehun can’t imagine why. Taemin doesn’t talk about her but when Sehun asked, he went on a huge rant; talking about how he hates her guts and if it wasn’t looked down on to hit women, he would. 

 

“And Jonghyun?”

 

“He...hates me too.”

 

“Okay, but you don’t know me.”

 

“Yeah b-but we go to the same school and we’ve spoken once or twice,” She points out. “Granted, It was before Jongin and you became friends and you never knew my name…”

 

And I didn't know you were a damn selfish . Sehun thinks. He quickly clears his throat and for a moment there, it felt like Kai possessed his thoughts or something. He grabs the cola and stares at it, taking a deep sigh before setting it with his other things. “I’m sorry, Krystal, but I...I can't."

 

“N-no?”

 

Sehun turns to her and his smile disappears. “Jongin is a really good friend to me and I’d like to keep it that way,” He explains. “I can’t hurt him by doing this,” He shakes his head. “I’m sorry. Good luck, Krystal.” He apologizes before taking his basket and heading to the front of the store. He smiles and bows to the cashier before looking back at his phone. He sets the basket down and bites his lip.

 

Sehun: I got it~

 

Kai: thnks

 

Sehun: No problem! :)

 

Sehun swallows hard and looks back, watching as Krystal slowly makes her way out the store, her eyes on her phone screen. Serves you right, . He sighs. He really needs to stop thinking that way; it's practically barbaric. He wanders what Kai would do if he asked him to talk to Krystal. Not that he would but he can imagine the pain it’d bring him. It would be like him convincing Sehun to talk to Tao. “Thank you,” He says, bowing again and taking his bag. As soon as he steps outside, he narrows his eyes when he sees a black car in front of him. He begins to get anxious when he notices it’s the man who punched him. He quickly begins his walk, hoping it’s just a coincidence. He looks over his shoulder and his stomach clenches when he notices the car slowly tailing him. He begins to tremble as he calls Kai, thankful Taemin forced him to put the guy on speed dial. The others on speed dial are Taemin, Jonghyun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Suho, just in case. He originally just had Suho, but Kai and Taemin forced him to add the others.

 

Kai answers with a sigh but it sounds playful. “What? You can’t text me. crybaby? Did you break your little fingers?" He jokes.

 

Sehun bites his lip and glances over his shoulder. The man's stare is intense and full of hatred. "Uhm...I-I'm walking home now."

 

"Okay?"

 

"I-I think someone is following me- it's the guy who tried to punch you awhile back."

 

"Are you close to your house?

 

"A few blocks away…”

 

"Alright," Kai says. "I have somethin' to finish out so just keep an eye out. If he gets out of the damn car, just run."

 

Sehun nods and takes a deep, shaky breath. "O-okay,” He pauses. “J-Jongin um…”

 

“What? Are you alright?” Kai asks with concern. "Do I have to kick some ing ?!"

 

Sehun smiles and swallows hard. He doesn’t know how much to tell him but he doesn’t want to hurt him either. “N-no, I’m okay. Sorry for bugging you.”

 

“Come on, you don’t bug me,” Kai scoffs. “See ya.”

 

Kai hangs up before Sehun can say anything else, leaving him to walk silently with his thoughts. He feels nervous as he continues on. Wanting a distraction, he calls Taemin. He brings the phone up to his ear and waits.

 

“Sehun, hey cutie!”

 

Sehun smiles at the difference in greetings. He wonders how they ever became best friends. It must have been a miracle. “H-hey Tae.”

 

“Hey, baby, what’s wrong? You sound stressed.”

 

He glances back at the car, nervous. “Yeah, I am…”

 

Taemin clicks his tongue. “Well, I just got off work and I’m waiting for Jonghyun, so tell me what’s bugging you.”

 

Sehun wonders how much he should tell him. About the car and Krystal. He hugs himself tight. “I was approached at the store,” He says. “By Krystal.”

 

Taemin goes quiet for a moment. “What?”

 

“She um...” He explains. “She asked for a favor.”

 

“What’d that ask for?” Taemin asks angrily. “What’d she want? I was taught not to hit a woman but I swear to god; I will her pretty face up!”

 

“She wants me to convince Jongin into talking to her,” Sehun quietly admits. He shivers when the car gets a little closer. “I-I told her no...”

 

Taemin chuckles. “Of course you did,” He sighs. “God, if YOU of all people did that ...”

 

“I know, Tae,” Sehun smiles fondly as he shyly twirls his hoodie string between his fingers. “C-can you keep talking to me?” He asks. Sehun walks a little faster, feeling more anxious with each step he takes. “Tell me about your day? Or maybe how Jonghyun and you fell in love?”

 

“Sure, Sehuna,” Taemin hums. “If it helps you.”

 

“Yes,” Sehun glances around. “I-it will.”


 

 

Sehun arrives home without incident, the car speeds up as soon as he reaches his front door. He quickly goes into his home and slams the door, locking it behind him. He puts his back up against the door and closes his eyes, taking a deep breath. Kai will be here soon and that thought makes him relax. He knows he’ll be okay.

 

Sehun listens to music as he studies, getting a head start before Kai arrives. He sits at his desk and writes down notes, planning on walking Kai through it later. They were supposed to get together after school but Jonghyun asked for Kai to help Jonghyun and him move apartments. They decided to move closer to the mall, which is more convenient for both of their careers. Sehun isn’t a hundred percent sure what Jonghyun does but he figures it pays highly, due to their nice, expensive home. He honestly really likes their house- it’s always clean, light, and smells like lavender. He hopes their new apartment will be just as comfortable. One of his favorite things to do was to curl up by their fireplace and nap.

 

Sehun sighs and takes his headphones off, setting them to the side. He yelps and jumps a bit after hearing a banging outside. He glances out his window for a moment before shrugging and deciding it’s probably a raccoon or a cat. He’s about to return to his music when yet another sound erupts from that area. Sehun hears grunting at the same time, causing him to frown.  “Once I’m done here, I’m gonna break in and up your ing friend too!” Someone shouts. Sehun narrows his eyes and slowly stands, grabbing his metal from beside his bed. He shrugs his hoodie on before making his way down the stairs and opens the front door. He stops dead in his steps when hears the noises again. He looks around but can’t see anything. When he takes a step outside, onto the porch, he can hear the ruckus much more clearly.

 

" you!"

 

Sehun begins to tremble as he hesitantly walks to the side, near the sound by the entrance. He almost lets out a noise but he covers his mouth. A man stands over another man, kicking him as he’s down, hovering over him. “Piece..of..!" The man shouts. He starts to back away again but something stops him. He squints into the darkness to get a better look. His eyes widen. Fear, anger, anxiety takes control of his body. Kai lays and grunts with each kick delivered to his side. Sehun stands up straight and practically stamps over to the man, not caring about the noise he makes now. Without thinking rationally, he raises the bat over his bat and takes a deep breath. He glances down at Kai, meeting his gaze. Sehun looks away and to the back of the man’s head. Krystal’s ex-boyfriend. Anger takes over all of his nerves. He no longer shakes. Letting out a loud shout, he swings it down and around, connecting it straight into the man’s side. Kai’s attacker yelps and stumbles to the side, grabbing onto the wall for balance. Before he can look back at his attacker, Sehun brings the bat down a second time, now aiming for his head. The man’s head cracks against the wall due to the impact of the metal bat before falling over and landing on his back. He lets out a groan before his head rolls and he becomes unconscious.

 

Sehun pants heavily as he stares at the unconscious man, watching him for any movement. He tries to calm himself down but h starts to shake again when he sees the blood. "Oh...oh my god," Sehun whimpers. He trembles as he tosses the bat to the side and goes over to Kai, trying to not think about it. “J-Jongin!Jongin, are you okay?!” Sehun gently helps Kai onto his back. Once Kai’s sitting up, Sehun pulls his phone out but the punk grabs his hand.

 

“N-no hospitals, or cops,” He whispers. He slowly sits up, holding his stomach. His face is beaten and his hair disheveled. “Just...just take me inside.” Sehun sighs and nods in agreement, pocketing his phone before he wraps Kai's arm around Sehun's neck for him and helps him up.

 

"O-okay. Um, t-tell me what happened," Sehun whispers, helping the punk limp to the house and up the stairs. He ushers him into one of the bathrooms. Setting Kai against the wall, Sehun makes sure he’s alright before going to the sink and washes his hands.

 

"I uh..." Kai begins to explain. "I was making my way to your place when um..." He takes a deep breath. "That er jumped me."

 

Sehun gets a gauze and saline solution, kneeling beside Kai and touches his arm. “Can you lift your arms for me?” Kai nods and does as he asks, grimacing as he does so. He lets Sehun pull his shirt off for him. He frowns at the cut in the punk’s side. “He didn’t stab you, did he? B-because I’ll go out there and keep hitting him with that bat.”

 

Kai shakes his head but he slowly smiles. "The corner of the dumpster cut me, when he pushed me into it,” He explains. “Didn’t know you had a protective streak to you.” Sehun blushes and ignores him as he uses the gauze to dab and wipes the skin around his bloody wound. He smiles apologetically when Kai winces from pain. He laughs dryly as he watches Sehun clean. "How're you so good at that?"

 

Sehun sighs and shrugs. He reaches over and under the sink, getting a clean towel to pat the area dry. "Sometimes I accidentally...cut too deeply," Sehun admits. "And I didn't want to go to the hospital."

 

Kai sniffs, watching Sehun work. "You hate hospitals?"

 

"Yeah..." Sehun sighs. "I was there a lot when my grandfather was there and died. Last summer didn’t help either.”

 

"It's the same with my mother," Kai mumbles. "After she died, I refused to go to a hospital."

 

Sehun just smiles, not saying another word. He grabs a sterile bandage and gets Kai to lean over a bit, so Sehun has more room to wrap him up.

 

"You're lucky," Sehun says. "It's really not that bad."

 

"But it ing stings."

 

"That's the worst part. Your wound won't get infected and you shouldn't bleed anymore."

 

"And the stinging?"

 

Sehun gives him a pointed look. “Come on, don’t be a .”

 

Kai laughs as Sehun helps him stand and walk to Sehun’s bedroom. "You're so ing weird."

 

Sehun smiles and helps his friend onto his bed. "I got you a coke and a chicken sandwich,”

 

"My favorite."

 

"I know." Sehun sets them down beside Kai, sitting down on the bed as well. "We can skip study today if you want."

 

Kai sighs and lays on his side, grimacing whenever he moves. "You know, Sehun," hr begins. "You looked really cool."

 

"What're you talking about?" Sehun asks with a huff as he unwraps his own sandwich.

 

"When you hit that with your bat," Kai smirks. "That was really ing cool, nosebleed."

 

Sehun smiles shyly, looking down at his food. "I mean...i...couldn't let him hurt you anymore," He says. "I...I felt really scared and angry."

 

"When you saw him?"

 

Sehun shakes his head. "No, when I saw you; I...felt really protective." He takes a deep breath. "I was really scared until I saw you, Jongin. Then I just felt...I felt really mad. I've never felt that way before."

 

"Never?"

 

Sehun shakes his head. "That's the first time I ever hit someone."

 

Kai grins. "Really?

 

Sehun looks over at Kai, a bit taken back when he catches him staring.  He blushes and looks down shyly. "W-what?"

 

"Hey...Thanks," Kai says in almost a whisper. "Hitting someone like that- it's not easy."

 

Sehun reaches over and decides to open Kai’s sandwich for him. He glances into the punk’s eyes and smiles weakly. “I-It’s a good thing Tae bought me that bat...”

 

Kai laughs and leans back, resting his head on Sehun's pillow. "Yeah," he sighs. "I agree."

-----------------------

Who woulda thought? Sehun's a secret curser and badass!