Kai:

Deliquent

 

 

 

 

                                                          Kai

 

"What the do you mean that's your father?" Sehun asks in confusion.  Kai paces back and forth around Sehun's room, thinking of everything. The new girlfriend, the phone calls- Sometimes his father would randomly leave all dressed up. He knew his father had a new girlfriend but he didn't think it’d be to a married woman. A god damn married woman.

 

"!" Kai groans and runs his hands through his hair. "This ing ."


 

"Just a little!" Sehun shouts sarcastically. "Did you know about this?!"

 

Kai angrily grabs Sehun by the shirt and glowers at him darkly. “What the hell did you just say?!” He shouts too Sehun grabs onto his arms, a bewildered look in his eyes. "You think I had somethin' to do with this? You think I’m helping him cheat?!"

 

"You...you hate my guts! Why wouldn't you?!"

 

Kai slams Sehun's back against the wall, forcing a small whimper out of the boy. "Listen here, blondie- I had nothing to do with your mother and my father's disgusting affair!" He lets go and watches Sehun fall to the floor. The boy sniffs and rubs his shoulder. He stares down at the floor, something wet dripping. Kai rolls his eyes and goes to the window. "Don't cry." Sehun sits up and rubs his eyes; his cheeks wet from tears. He pulls his knees up to his chest and hugs them as he begins to cry harder. Kai stares down at him. There’s something strange that stirs around inside of him. A part of him actually feels bad, watching the guy sob like that. He sighs and shakes his head. “Pathetic. in’ pathetic...”

 

Kai chews at the inner of his bottom lip, leaning his arm against the wall. He absolutely hates being around crying people. Hell, he hates doing it himself. He never knows what to do about it. So he usually just always leaves or tells them to shut it. He looks back at Sehun and opens his mouth to say it. Nothing comes out. Why can’t he say that here? Just shut the up!

 

Kai sighs and grabs Sehun's arm, forcing him to stand up. Sehun sniffs and looks at him. "W-what're-"

 

"Shut up," Kai says gruffly. "Go put on your shoes, or something- bring a jacket, it's cold." Kai doesn't bother to look back as he heads down the stairs and begins to put his boots on. Sehun slowly walks to him shyly, his arms not quite crossed but more as if he’s protecting himself. Kai scoffs and opens his mouth to make fun of his baseball jacket but a straight pink line on Sehun's wrist shuts him up; pink, ugly, and a few hours new. He glances up at Sehun momentarily. Kai knows what that is. He's seen it with Taemin, who had done plenty of self-harm before in his life. But it makes Kai wonder what Sehun goes through to make him resort to this. Sehun pulls down his sleeve to cover the new cut quickly. He looks into the boy's eyes. After a long silence, Kai decides against bringing it up and just drops it.

 

"Come on, we're leaving."

 

"Where are we-"

 

"Can you just ing go?" Kai pushes Sehun out the door. “For ’s sake, GO!”





 

Kai stays mostly silently as the two of them walk, both seeming to be deep in thought. He stops to search his pockets. "What are you going to do about your dad?” Sehun asks, his voice still hoarse from bawling.

 

"Nothing," Kai says simply.

 

Sehun stares at him in disbelief. "Nothing?"

 

Kai shrugs. "It's not my problem," He says. "I don't give two s about him." He protects the fire from the wind as he lights his cigarette.

 

Sehun stares at him, biting his lip. He scratches his head and looks around nervously. "Can I-"

 

Kai slowly looks at him with a raised brow. "Smoke?" Sehun nods. "So you're telling me," Kai begins, handing Sehun one as well before lighting it up for him. "You have this whole secret thing going on? With your smoking and dancing?"

 

"What makes you think I keep my dancing a secret?" From the way Sehun handles the cigarette, it’s obvious he’s had a few before.

 

Kai huffs. "I've seen your house- it screams anti-creativity. Aside from your room." Sehun looks away, simply shrugging. "You smoke, dance, speak Chinese."

 

"You do too,” Sehun smiles. “What’s that about?


 

“Don’t worry about it,” Kai chuckles and stops, leaning against the railing of the boardwalk. He glances over at the cold, grey ocean. "What about you? Where’d you learn Chinese from? Is it self-taught, like your dancing?"

 

"I’ve been learning it for a while- How do you know my dancing is self-taught?"

 

Kai snorts with amusement before exhaling smoke towards Sehun's face; he frowns. "No reason."

 

"Can you dance, Kai?" Sehun asks as a smile grows on his face. When Kai slowly nods, that seems to make him beam.

 

Kai crosses his arms."Our parents are cheating, we dance, we smoke, we speak Chinese- it's destiny, sweet cheeks."

 

"Will you show me?" Sehun asks sheepishly.

 

"Show you what? My ?" Kai jokes.

 

Sehun frowns at that. "No, idiot! Your dancing!"

 

Kai laughs and exhales again. "You hate me and you wanna see me dance?"

 

"I hate country music but I still respect their talent."

 

"Touché."

 

"So you'll show me?"

 

Kai sighs as he thinks about it. What’s he got to lose? It’s not like he gives a about the dumb reputation he has. "You have to keep your mouth shut- I know that's difficult for you."

 

"Okay!"

 

Kai looks at Sehun and frowns. "You're ing weird."


 

"Your form is so beautiful," Kai smiles at the compliment, keeping his arm raised above his arm. He twirls gently and keeps his eyes closed. "Do you think so?"

"You're a better dancer than me," Taemin giggles.

"I don't ever want to stop dancing."

"We have to sometime- it's six in the morning."

Kai laughs happily as he opens his eyes to look at his best friend. Taemin watches with a smile. Kai gracefully twirls, his loose white shirt flowing with him. "I won't ever stop," Kai sighs blissfully.




 

"Heellllo?"

 

Kai opens his eyes and looks at Sehun, "What?"

 

“Are you okay?

 

Kai looks out at the shore. "I’m fine.”

 

"I feel better," Sehun announces.

 

"I don't care." Kai heads to a nearby bench. He brings a knee up to his chest and brings his cigarette to his lips. He glances over at Sehun when the boy joins him and then down at his arm, noticing the way he was itching at it. He watches the boy's almost expressionless features- a look he's never seen on him before. He's always seen Sehun with a smile or a frown, but never something like this. If Kai had to put a name to the expression, it’d be almost vacant with a hint of sadness. And even now, he looks incredibly lonely. "Tell you what, crybaby," Kai begins, standing up. “Before our next study session, I'll show you how to dance and not look like an idiot."

 

"I don't look like an idiot!"

 

"Doing ballet, you do."

 

"Oh and you can do it better?"

 

"Yep."

 

"Yep?"

 

"Yep."

 

Kai shrugs and begins to walk off. Sehun stands up too and jogs to catch up. "I find that kind of hard to believe," Sehun says doubtfully.

 

Kai gives him a wolfish grin. "We'll see."