Sehun: Dad

Deliquent

 

 

                                                           Sehun

 

“You sure about this?” Kai asks as sits on Sehun’s window sill.

 

Sehun nods quickly as he paces. "We need to deal with this...before it gets worse." he sighs and rubs his face. "Before she marries your dad and you become my new...brother."

 

Kai shivers dramatically. "Ugh, no thank you."

 

Sehun gasps and frowns at him. "What? You don’t think I would make a good brother?”

 

Kai gives him a pointed look. "Brothers don't usually kiss, you know."

 

Sehun blushes and laughs nervously, "Oh, uh..." He swallows hard and goes to his desk. "Right, right," Sehun slowly says. Of course, he wants to talk about what happened. He wants to know what the hell it meant and if Kai cares. Sehun knows it felt right and he enjoyed every moment of it. Even now, he replays it back in his mind. How Kai looked in that gorgeous, sunset.

 

“We’ll talk about it later,” Kai says as if seeming to read his mind. “I’ll be here all night, remember?”

 

When the sound of the front door opens and closes echos, Sehun gasps and quickly stands up. “I’m home!” His father calls out.

 

Panicking, Sehun swings his door open. “N-no! Go back to the airport!”

 

“Oh my god,” Kai rolls his eyes and hops off, going to the door as well. “Just kidding, Mr. Oh,” He laughs nervously. “We’ll uh, be right down.”

 

Sehun usually loves greeting his father after he returns but right now, he just feels guilty and anxious. Like he somehow is responsible for all of this. Or maybe he’s the one that drove his mother into that man’s arms. “Jongin. Please...come down with me?" Sehun looks back at him with desperation.

 

Sighing, the punk nods. “Alright,” He sighs. “ty way of meeting your dad.

 

"I know but..." Sehun sighs. "He has to know."

 

"I know," Kai agrees "It just ing ."

 

Sehun bites his lip. "Um...maybe refrain from that kind of language in front of him."

 

Kai frowns. "Why the would I do that?"

 

Sehun glares but it just makes Kai grin. Groaning, he begins his descent down the stairs and towards the kitchen; his bad-mouthing punk in tow. He reaches over and grabs Sehun’s hand, giving it a quick reassuring squeeze. Sehun loves the way they communicate. With small and simple touches. He immediately feels disappointed when Kai lets go, his warm encouragement going with him. When they both approach Sehun’s father, he turns around and smiles down.

 

"Sehuna," He says.

 

Sehun smiles and wraps his arms around his father's waist. "Y-You're back."

 

"I am!” He laughs and squeezes his son tight. “And for a whole year! Gosh, Sehun, I'm sorry I was gone for so long- you understand, don't you?"

 

"Of course, I always do.”

 

"Whose this?" Sehun's father says with a smile. "Is this that boy you talked about?"

 

Sehun blushes and looks at Kai with wide eyes. "Uhh..."

 

His father raises his brows. "I’m pretty sure you called him a -eating trash plant.”

 

"Dad!" Sehun gasps. “I did not say that word!”

 

He laughs. "Don’t lie now!”

 

Kai looks over at Sehun and smirks. "-eating trash plant? Creative. I dig it, nosebleed."

 

"Nosebleed?"

 

"Sehun got punched in the nose for me."

 

Sehun's father smiles proudly and takes a seat at the kitchen island. "I'm sure he broke like a vase, didn't he?"

 

"Dad, come on."

 

"My Sehun hasn't really been all that tough.”

 

"Come on," Sehun mumbles, fiddling with his shirt. "I'm...I’m kind of tough."

 

Kai looks up at Sehun's father and shrugs. "Yeah, he hit a guy with a baseball bat to protect me."

 

"J-Jongin!”

 

His father chuckles. "That's kind of cool."

 

"Dad!"

 

"Isn't it?" Kai agrees, almost seeming proud.

 

Sehun glances back and forth between the two as they laugh. "A normal parent would get mad!"

 

His father snorts as he waves his hand a bit. Oh, come now -I'm just happy to see you let go for once, Sehuna- have fun once and a while."

 

"Hitting a man with a baseball bat is not fun."

 

"Well, no," Sehun's father admits. "But standing up for a good friend is."

 

Sehun lets out a sigh and takes a seat opposite of his father, Kai joining him as well. "Dad, we....we have to talk about mom."

 

His father narrows his eyes. "Is this about our divorce?”

 

"No," Sehun shakes his head. "It's...it's about-"

 

"My dad," Kai interrupts.

 

Sehun's father raises a brow, "What?"

 

"Um...mom has been uhm..." Sehun whispers.

 

"Your mother as beeennn?" His father waits in confusion.

 

Sehun his lips and looks at Kai oddly. Kai nods and motions towards his father. "Go on, It’s YOUR mom.”

 

"Dad, mom's been cheating on you,” He blurts out.

 

His father takes a deep breath and slowly nods. "Yes...I know."

 

Sehun furrows his brows and stutters a bit. "W-what!? How did you know?! W-when...when did you…”

 

"Baby, listen,” His father sighs again. “I filed for divorce, your mother didn’t,”

 

A tight pain slowly grows in his chest and his stomach feels heavy. “Dad, what're you talking about?"

 

Well, "I found out your mother had been cheating on me for a while now through a co-worker...so, I gave her divorce papers and told her to sign them if she didn't want to work it out..."

 

"And she signed them," Sehun finishes, his voice shaky. His father nods his head and Sehun groans. "Oh my god. I took those files and..."

 

"You gave them back to me."

 

"I wanted to protect you from her," Sehun whispers and he smiles. "Why didn't you just tell me then?"

 

"I didn't know if you'd understand. You love both of us so much...you're such a good kid, Sehun. After your boyfriend left-"

 

Sehun coughs and puts his hand up. "B-boyfriend?" He stares at his father, shocked. "You...you...you knew Tao was my boyfriend?!”

 

His father snorts and stands up, putting a hand on his hips. “Sehun, come on! I mean...I'm not an idiot," He says. "The way you two looked at each other. A teenage boy with his door locked and his music turned up loud..." He chuckles. "Come now, Sehun. I was once your age."

 

"Does...does mom know?"

 

"Probably not. Nothing could ever ruin her perfect image of you."

 

Sehun takes a deep breath. "So you already know about her boyfriend."

 

"Yes."

 

"And how he thinks your dead."

 

Sehun's father frowns at that as he adjusts his glasses. "What?"

 

Sehun glances at Kai for a second. "We overheard mom talking to Kai's father...and mom told him you died a few years ago when they started to date."

 

"A...few years? They've been together for a few years?"

 

Sehun gets off of his chair, suddenly feeling extremely antsy. "Oh my god," Sehun mumbles. "Oh my ing god."

 

"Sehun!"

 

“I”m sorry! -I don’t know why I...I cursed!” He NEVER curses in front of his father. What the hell is wrong with him? "Oh my god, I'm sorry!" Sehun groans and hides his face.

 

"I don't care if you curse, just calm down!" His father hasn’t always been a normal man but Sehun never dreamed he’d ever been this okay with everything. "I should have seen it, though. She has a nine to five kind of job and yet always comes home a few hours later. She always says she’s out with her friends."

 

Sehun bites his lip and goes over to his father, gently grabbing onto his sleeve. "She's trying to remarry."

 

He looks at his son and then over to Kai. "To your father?"

 

Kai nods. "Yeah, it'd be best if she, you know, didn't."

 

Sehun's father looks at him in confusion. "What? Why not..." He trails off as he goes silent, looking back between Kai and Sehun. Sehun blushes and looks away, not wanting to meet his father's gaze. "I see.”

 

"N-no, I-it’s..." Sehun can feel his cheeks heating up. He lets go of his father and begins to pace around nervously.

 

"Look, my dad is a but he doesn’t deserve this; hell, he doesn’t even know you’re alive," Kai says with a frown. "We just met but...can you do me a favor?"

 

Sehun's father looks over at Sehun, watching him for a moment. He lets out a sigh and grabs his son by the shoulders.  "If this is important you, I’ll make an appearance.”

 

"What will you say?" Kai asks. "Don’t hit him, alright?”

 

He laughs and shakes his head.  "It's not your dad I'm angry at, son." He clears his throat as he fixes his tie. “I'll be charming- I always am.”

 

“Right, so that’s why you’re so dumbly charming,” Kai says casually as if it’s not a huge deal. Sehun glares at him.

 

“Haha, very funny!”

 

The punk looks at him. “I’m not joking.” Sehun opens his mouth to say something but slowly closes it. He looks down at his feet and groans. He doesn’t know why the jerk is being sweet all of a sudden. "You want my address, Mr. Oh?"

 

"Oh no, I can find it. Please, you’ve done enough," Sehun's father says with a smile. "I've yet to sign the papers, so we have time. I'll go to speak with him in the morning." He yawns and heads towards the doorway. "It was nice to meet you, Jongin. Let's all three of us have lunch sometime."

 

Sehun smiles as he watches his father walk away, giving his son a quick wave before disappearing upstairs. He’s going to have him back for a whole year. A whole year he can feel him in, maybe actually talk to him all about the things he’s going through; with Kai, Tao, last summer, his feelings.

 

“, your dad is cool as hell,” Kai admits and Sehun slowly grins.

 

“I know.”

 

"He's been gone for a whole year?"

 

"He's not usually gone for that long but, yeah," Sehun says as they head back up to his room. "Usually it's only a month or two but I guess this time was bad. We used webcams to talk to each other though." Sehun sits on his bed, watching Kai close the door behind them.

 

"You're alone for that long?"

 

Sehun shrugs. "Sometimes. My mother is home sometimes but we don't speak much. It gets kind of lonely," He confesses. "Honestly though..." Sehun scoots back when the punk sits down as well, both their backs up against the wall. He pulls up his knees to his chest and hugs them. "I'm really...grateful to all my friends. I-including Taemin, Jonghyun, and you..” He picks at a random stain on his pants, probably sauce that fell on him from their earlier pizza.  I feel...like I belong, with you guys." Sehun isn’t usually this honest, and he probably normally wouldn't ever say this in other circumstances. But what had happened a few hours ago made him feel different. About everything. It's funny how just one kiss can change a lot of things. "Did I tell you about the time Taemin came over to give me the bat?"

 

Kai shakes his head. "Not really. Taemin didn't either"

 

"We talked a lot. About a lot of things." H-he stayed the night too,” When he sees the smile on Kai’s face, it makes him do the same. “He gave me a lot of advice too. Oh, and while we were at the beach, before the bonfire,” he pulls up his shirt, revealing a couple of rubber bands around his wrist. "Taemin gave these to me.”

 

"Yeah, Taemin used to wear them all the time," Kai reaches a handover and tugs on one. "What're they even for?"

 

Sehun takes a deep breath when the punk let's go and slowly, carefully, runs his fingers along Sehun’s old scars. "He saw my scars and sat me down to talk. He told me to use those rubbers bands whenever I felt like...cutting." Sehun feels himself relax under the tender touch of Kai's fingertips. "Instead of cutting, I'll snap these rubber bands on my wrist."

 

Kai frowns. "That works?"

 

"It stings but yeah, sometimes," Sehun nods. "Taemin says that's how he stopped."

 

"Taemin, he's smart like that." Sehun completely agrees. He likes Taemin a lot, like an older brother. He feels like he could relate very much to him; with Taemin's lack of parental figures, left to feel the stupid curse that is loneliness. When He met Kai and Jonghyun, he said all of that had changed. Jonghyun loved him unconditionally and Kai accepted him with open arms. Kai, of course, had been the one to approach Taemin first. A happy, cheerful kid. Ironically, Taemin’s now the energetic one.

 

Sehun's favorite love story is Jonghyun and Taemin’s. Sure, he read his good share of romance novels. But this one was real, raw, pure. How they both overcame the constant torture of Taemin's homophobic father. Jonghyun never gave up on him, not once. He kissed his scars, and he kissed away his fears. He kept him strong until he had been old enough to leave; Taemin taking the first train out of that hell hole and into Jonghyun's arms. Sehun absolutely loved that and it reminds him to go to the mall and buy that romantic poster for them when they get their new apartment. Jonghyun and Sehun didn't talk as much as the others but they did talk sometimes. But he has a lot of wisdom. Not in anything particular but just in general. Advice with friends, feelings, or even picking out colleges or everyday things. He briefly tries to remind himself to introduce Taemin and Baekhyun. That would be one loud room.

 

"You think too much."

 

Sehun looks over at Kai. "Huh?"

 

"You need to think a little less," Kai says with a sigh. "You're always lost in thought."

 

Sehun laughs nervously. "Oh...I'm sorry."

 

"Whatever," Kai yawns. "That's just how you are."

 

"Are you tired?" Sehun asks, scooting back to the edge of the bed. He pulls off his boots and tosses them to the side instead of setting them neatly in his closet. Scandalous.

 

"Yeah, I guess."

 

Sehun shrugs off his hoodie, watching Kai do the same. "If you want, you can take the bed," He says. "I can grab my sleeping bag from the close-"

 

"We'll just share it," Kai cuts him off.

 

Sehun blushes and looks back at him. "W-what?" Kai pulls off his shirt and pants, stripping down to his underwear and not seeming to care at all. Sehun gasps as he quickly turns around. "J-Jongin!”

 

"What?"

 

"W-why, why are you, why are you..."

 

"I usually sleep , you want that instead?"

 

Sehun feels his heartbeat as he thinks about that. A vision of a sleeping Kai, bare. His beautiful tan skin against Sehun’s white sheets; His soft abs, strong thighs. He blushes and covers his face. “Oh god.”

 

"Come on, undress and get in already."

 

Sehun would never, ever admit how much he liked Kai's dominate, commanding tone of voice; not ever. But oh, it’s really effective. "T-turn away..."

 

"Nah,"

 

Sehun turns to face Kai and crosses his arms. "What do you mean, 'nah?!" He swallows hard when the realization hits him. “Jongin, you...you want to...see?” Kai stares at him, seeming not wanting to answer. Sehun bites his bottom lip as he watches him carefully. He thinks back to earlier that day, in the dance room at school. How close they became, warmth and happiness had overwhelmed any other feeling he had. It wasn't his first kiss but it felt as if it were; he was just as nervous but he didn't cry with Tao. It hurt when Kai kissed him, but in a good, healing way. Letting out a shaky sigh,  he brings his hands up slowly s his shirt. He feels nervous under Kai's intense stare, feeling his eyes on him as he makes his way to the bottom button. He hesitantly pulls it off his shoulders, letting it hang from his arms and dropping to the floor. He pushes his pants down his long legs, letting them pool by his ankles He steps out of them and kicks them to the side, hugging his body shyly. Sehun has always had a tall, lightly toned, pale body. Sometimes during PE, he'd get made fun of for not being as fit as the other boys in his class but it never really bothers him. He dances and they play football; there isn’t even much to compare.

 

When Sehun looks over at Kai, he’s taken aback by his sudden smoldering gaze. He slowly goes to the bed when the punk lifts the blankets and invites him in. He quickly hides beneath them after he reaches over and turns off the light, the bright moon outside illuminating their bodies and faces.

 

"You don't like people seeing you," Kai notes. It wasn't a question, it was an observation.

 

"No," Sehun whispers. "Not really."

 

"You um..." Kai takes a deep breath as he puts a hand on Sehun's arm and pulls him, silently telling him to scoot closer. Sehun does just that, sighing at the warmth that radiates from Kai's body. "Stop being shy."

 

Sehun's breath becomes shaky as Kai runs his fingers along his side. "That um..." He smiles. "Easier said than done, Jongin."

 

"Yeah but it's stupid," Kai mumbles. "You're...I mean, you don't look bad."

 

Kai is probably the worst person at giving compliments. If he had to rate his ability, he'd give him a negative fifty, possibly less. But he seemed to really try, in his own, weird way. Kai would have him wear one jacket instead of the other and insisted it made him look cooler. Oddly enough, he’s always right. They also, Sehun has found out, share the same fashion sense and wardrobe. The difference is that his father doesn’t force him to wear things like sweater vests.

 

The punk shows his affection is strange ways. From simple touches to scolding Sehun whenever he complains about his looks. Anytime Sehun worries he’s not handsome or pretty, Kai would tell him to shut up and to stop doubting it.  Or, one of his favorites, call him a if he ever insulted himself. His methods were strange and some might think they're rude, but Sehun knows better. Taemin calls it typical 'tough love' and swears he gets the same treatment.

 

“J-Jongin,” He swallows hard. “I think earlier should totally have happened."

 

"It did happen," Kai says, confused.

 

"I'm saying that...I...." Sehun groans. "Nevermind."

 

"No, tell me."

 

"It's stupid."

 

Kai smirks. "Probably," He huffs. "Tell me anyway."

 

Sehun shakes as he brings his hands up to Kai's face. He lets out a soft sigh and tries to push his anxiety back. "I think what happened earlier," Sehun begins.

 

Kai waits a moment before responding. "Yes?" He asks, almost impatiently waiting for Sehun to speak.

 

"I think I um...I think I want to feel like that again."

 

"Yeah?" Kai whispers and Sehun slowly nods. He sets his forehead against Kai's.

 

"I'm confused, Jongin," He admits in a low voice. "I...I'm not sure what to feel."

 

Kai's hand slowly runs up Sehun's arm, leaving goosebumps. He sighs as Kai gently caresses up Sehun's neck, his touch seeming hesitant as if Sehun would break if he pressed any harder.

Their hands and entwine together as they lay together in comfortable silence.

 

"Jongin, I-"

 

"Shut up,” Kai whispers as he slowly sits up and hovers over Sehun. He slowly leans down, kissing the side of Sehun's lips. He lets out a sigh as soft, fleeting kisses are left along his cheek and down his jaw. His stomach flutters when Kai leans back and stares into his eyes, as he had done before. "I don't give a if I'm confused," he finally says. "It feels right and I want it."

 

"What if I don't want it?" Sehun challenges and Kai rolls his eyes.

 

"You kinda just told me, ."

 

Kai slowly lets go of Sehun's hand and grabs his cheek. "Maybe we should talk about this-"

 

"No," Kai cuts in before he leaned in and kisses him; electricity trickles down Sehun's back.  He puts his hands on Kai's soft chest and opens up to him again, more so than before this time. They tangle their legs together and their hands no longer timidly feel each other, everything becoming more fervent and curious. Kissing is a strange sensation Sehun had no idea how to describe. A strange sensation of being so intimate and close with another person; An electrical current running through him, making every inch of him shiver.

Sehun pulls away and laughs when they accidentally tilt their head the same way and fumble a bit. A jolt of happiness runs through him when he hears Kai laugh as well, brushing strands of hair away from Sehun's eyes. After a small smile, the punk leans back in and kisses him again, cupping his face to keep him steady; it’s short and sweet but still tender.

 

"This..." Sehun takes a deep breath. "This is new."

 

"Is it?" Kai asks. "Didn't you have Tao here too?"

 

Sehun slowly nods. "Yeah but...that was different." He watches as Kai lays back on the bed. Sighing, he closes and lowers his head. "I'm scared."

 

"What? Why?"

 

Sehun sets his head down against the punk’s chest, listening to his heartbeat. “That I'll wake up and this whole year's been a dream...like I've been in a coma because of that...damn suicide attempt.” His voice is quiet and shaky.  Kai scoffs and pulls Sehun against him tightly. It startles him at first, but he decides he actually kind of likes it. Pressed up against him like this, it feels completely and utterly safe.

 

"Sorry, Nosebleed- I'm crazy real."

 

"Yeah," Sehun agrees. "You're crazy."

 

"Whatever. sleep," Kai orders and he closes his eyes.

 

"You're really bossy," Sehun says with a sigh. He stares up at the punk for a moment before finally just smiling and closing his eyes as well. He starts to wonder if they will ever properly talk about what happened. Both earlier and just a few minutes ago. Was it just pure lust? What was he to Kai?

 

"Stop thinking," Kai mumbles and Sehun frowns.

 

"How did you-"

 

"I just know."

 

Sehun remains silent for a moment before biting his lower lip. "You...you wanna ditch school tomorrow?"

 

Kai opens his eyes and stares down at Sehun, his brows raised. "You're scaring me, crybaby. Are you serious?"

 

Sehun shrugs. "Yeah, why not?"

 

Kai chuckles and shakes his head. "Seriously, You're ing weird."

 

"I know."