Kai: Ballet

Deliquent

 

 

                            Kai

 

"Really?" Sehun asks in disbelief. "You want to teach me how to dance 'properly'?" Kai sets a stereo down and kneels over it as he hooks his iPod up. His injuries from the other night had been worse than both Kai and Sehun had thought, and he needed to stay in bed for a few days. But with his wound healed enough for him to move around, he’s glad to actually be up. He was so bored, he actually let Taemin come over and dye his hair blonde; which was Taemin's idea and Sehun seems to absolutely adore it. He even tolerates the guy running his fingers through it.

 

"Yeah, you've learned the basics already. I want to move onto something else."

Kai looks at him and almost laughs at his frown. "You're good at ballet but I think you'd be better at ballroom dancing."

 

"Ballroom dancing?" Sehun asks in confusion.

 

"You know, waltz," Kai says with a grin. He stands up and begins to stretch.

 

"Well, why do we have to wear these white shirts."

 

"Stretch," Kai commands. Sehun sighs and does as he asks. "I didn't tell you white- just loose."

Kai watches Sehun extends his arms above his head, as he had watched Kai done before.

 

"So...we're not continuing ballet?"

 

"No," Kai says. "Not this time."

 

"I wanted to learn ballet, though."

 

"You wanted me to teach you how to dance; you didn't specify which kind, ," Kai goes and stands in the middle of the room. He had forgotten how nice bare feet feels against clean, sleek wooden floors. And how free he feels in his white, loose shirt. "Now shut up, and come here." He holds out his hand and gives him a pointed look. Sehun goes to him, seeming shy all of a sudden. The punk takes Sehun's left hand and sets it on his shoulder before taking his partner’s right hand and holding it gently. When Sehun shyly looks at his feet, Kai shakes his head. "No, keep your eyes on me," Kai instructs. Sehun lifts his head and meets Kai's gaze, seeming a bit fazed when the punk puts a hand on his slender waist. He briefly thinks it’s incredibly cute. "We're going to be moving in a square, so start with your feet together with your weight on your right foot." Sehun glances down at their feet as Kai speaks. "Don't think about it too much- just let everything flow, alright?" When he nods, Kai steps forward, guiding Sehun to take a step back. The punk takes a step forward first, taking a step to the right; followed up by closing his feet together. "Do what I just did, but opposite and backward."

 

Sehun looks down at his feet, trying to mirror his partner. He steps back with his right foot, going to the side with his left. He copies Kai and closes his feet together. "Like this?"

 

"Yeah."

 

Kai pulls Sehun close gracefully, keeping his elegant posture. The sudden warmth of their bodies close together starts to make Kai feel a bit nervous but he tries to ignore it. It’s Sehun's smell that ultimately gets to him. His scent was light and sweet; like flowers but pure and expensive. He smiles down at Sehun proudly.

 

Dancing seems to come surprisingly easy to him; Kai expected the boy to at least step on his toes once or twice; like Taemin used to. He feels a strange connection as they dance, their bodies moving together as if they’re one, with sweeping grace in their every move. Kai wrinkles his noses at the idiotic poetic thoughts. He clears his throat and nods. "1, 2, 3," The punk chants softly. Keeping Sehun's hand gently placed in his own. "Ready?"

 

"For what?"

 

"Twirl into me," He says shortly before taking his hand and suddenly pushes, twirling him away. He gently yanks him back Sehun spins gracefully through most of it. That is until he notices the boy lose his balance, accidentally tumble and twirling hard into Kai. “!” He coughs and stumbles back a bit.

 

Sehun gasps and covers his mouth as he turns to face him. “Oh my god, Jongin! I’m so sorry!”

 

Kai checks on his wound before sighing and regaining his previous stance. "You've never done this, have you?

 

Sehun slowly shakes his head. "I-I’m sorry..."

 

"It's fine. I’m not expecting you to get it down perfectly right now- let's try again." Kai rejoins him, taking his right hand into his left. "Remember to follow me, and make a box."

 

"Right." Sehun follows Kai's lead, easily following back into the same pattern as before.

 

The punk smirks down at him. "You're shoulders are all boney."

 

"Shut up."

 

"That kind of hurt."

 

"I said I’m sorry."

 

Kai swallows hard.  "You're not too out of practice, are you?"

 

"Don't be silly," Sehun scoffs. "I've been dancing with you for weeks."

 

"I meant like this," Kai says in almost a whisper, almost in a challenging tone. When Kai looks into Sehun's eyes, he feels as if they can see right through each other - all of their flaws, insecurities. Maybe even all their lies and secrets.  Kai feels almost under the boy’s soft gaze. Kai gives Sehun a slow and mischief grin. But before the boy could register it, Kai suddenly spins him again. He grabs onto Sehun’s waist to stop him when his back is pressed by against the punk’s back. Taking a deep breath, he slides his hand low on Sehun’s stomach. He hears Sehun takes a sharp inhale of breath, his own heart beating fast. He locks eyes with Sehun through the mirror beside them, not once breaking eye contact. They stay like this for what feels like an eternity; Kai’s rugged breathing against Sehun’s ear. He isn’t sure why he feels this way but he just knows it feels right. And that’s all that really matters to him.

 

The punk takes Sehun’s left hand and suddenly pushes him, twirling him away. He quickly yanks him back when the boy faces him. Sehun seems to fall into him again accidentally, catching himself by wrapping his left arm around Kai’s neck. Sliding a hand around Sehun’s back, Kai keeps it there as he dips his partner. Breathing heavily, a hint of longing overtakes Kai’s expression as he slowly rakes his eyes down the stature of Sehun’s body. The sweat that drips down Sehun’s neck, collar bones, and into his shirt; the white fabric now tight against his damp body. The light sheet of sweat that covers their body glistens in the sun streaming through the room; lightening the place up with rays of orange and yellow as the sun starts to set.

 

Kai’s chest heaves heavily up and down as he tries to catch his breath. He wraps his arms around Sehun’s waist to get a more secure hold on him. They’re both still as Sehun moves his other hand to Kai’s cheek as the punk slowly leans in. Their noses touch, their only a breath away. He feels like his heart might beat out of his damn chest. His stomach, chest, heart, everything pounds, clutches, and flutters. Electricity runs up his spine, making him ache.

 

Kai watches Sehun’s lips hungrily as the boy finds his voice and begins to speak. “W-we...should…” He stutters, his shaky breaths making it hard for the punk to concentrate on his words. Running his nose slowly down Sehun’s cheek and down his neck, he isn’t sure what overcame him; why he suddenly feels this way. But all he knows is that he wants to be close to him. He thought this would confuse him but everything, at this exact moment, feels so right, and so clear. He takes a deep breath and looks into Sehun’s eyes.

 

“Tell me to stop,” Kai whispers, his voice uncharacteristically cracking. “And I will.” The way Sehun slightly parts his lips as he tries to find the right words, makes him lean in a bit closer.

 

Sehun shakes his head. "No, d-don’t..."

 

Kai frowns and stands up properly. When Sehun looks at him in confusion, the punk slowly shakes his head. He gently sets two hands on the boy’s cheeks, ignoring any anxious feeling he has and kisses him. He feels tense when there’s no immediate response. He thinks to pull back but then Sehun’s lips parts under his, opening up to him, deepening their kiss. An electric jolt shooks through him, lighting him up with what he can only explain is happiness. Everything else completely discovers and at that moment, it’s only the two of them. Nothing awkward, strange, comfortable, or new. Being this way feels right and familiar. They stand together, the sunset tinting the room yellows and oranges.

 

When Kai pulls back, he smiles at his partner. But that completely disappears when he sees the tears that fill Sehun’s eyes as he begins to softly cry. He stares at the boy with wide eyes, quickly pulling him into a tight hug. “! U-um,” He groans. “, did I up? Did I do something wrong? I’m an idiot, god damnit!”

 

Sehun covers his mouth and his shoulders shake as Kai holds him. Groaning again, he closes his own eyes and clings onto him tight. “Did I do  that wrong?!”

 

Shaking his head, Sehun begins to laugh through his tears, burying his face into Kai’s chest. He clutches the punk’s shirt as he sobs. He tries to take a deep breath to get the tightening feeling to go away. He isn’t sure what to do, so he just stands there, letting Sehun cry it out into him.

 

“I-I...um,” Sehun sniffs and looks up at Kai. The smile he gives is different than normal. Sweet, happy, pure. And, possibly, a bit innocent. "You're fine, you’re….perfect."

 

Kai lets go of him and quickly clears his throat. He suddenly feels nervous, like some damn butterflies were fluttering in his stomach. “That...,” Kai breaths. “Should that not have...happened?”

 

Sehun fiddles with his shirt, staring down at his feet. "I don't know...should it?"

 

"I don't know," Kai says honestly. He doesn’t remember the last time he felt this way. Actual happiness. Sure, he has fun with Taemin but that’s a different kind. He felt this way with Krystal but with Sehun, it feels more intense. Like it means more. Almost like he’s been needing this one kiss this whole time, like something changes in him. But, surely, a kiss can’t change something.

 

Sehun smiles. "You're...a good teacher," He says softly.

 

"Thanks," Kai returns the fond expression.

 

Sehun looks up Kai and takes a deep breath. He slowly goes over to his things and sits on the floor. “You’re...different than when we first met, Jongin.”

 

Kai scoffs and joins him. “Yeah but, for one, you never called me Kai, like, ever.”

 

Sehun hums. “Jongin is better. A-and I’m different too, you know,” Sehun admits. “I don’t feel the same.”

 

Kai glances over at him. "Yeah?"

 

Sehun nods. "I might not...look that different.”

 

"You look less tight-assed.”

 

Sehun frowns. "I wasn't even tight assed to begin with.”

 

"No, but you looked it," Kai says with a smirk.

 

"Yeah well," Sehun takes out a towel and pats himself dry. "You don't look like a self-destructing jackass anymore."

 

"Oh, I don’t know,” The punk accept when handed his own dry towel. “I'm still plenty destructing, just not to myself." That seems to make Sehun laugh and look back over at him. “Well, that’s...true,” He agrees. They both go silent as they stare into each other's eyes again. He feels overwhelmed by the immense warmth Sehun holds in his eyes. When Kai feels his throat tighten threatening tears, he quickly looks away. The damn kid always has that look in his eyes when he looks at Kai.  No one’s ever looked at him that way and it hurts.

 

"U-um...Kai, do you...um..." Sehun begins to ask. Kai looks over as the boy coughs and fiddles with his shirt. "My dad will come home tonight, I think...you should be there."

 

Kai raises a brow at him. “What? Why me?” When Sehun looks a bit desperate, he quickly gives in. “You askin’ me to spend the night, crybaby?” He asks playfully.

 

“G-god,” Sehun grumbles. “Do...do you have to call me…” He trails off. “That…”

 

Kai grins as he stands. “It’s alright, I won't make you say it,” He chuckles. After helping Sehun up and going to pack everything up, he motions for him to do that same. “Come on, Let’s go say hi to your very-much-alive dad."

 

Sehun stands by his side and smiles. Kai ignores the feeling inside when the boy grabs his hand and holds it. “Okay.”

--------------------------------

Ugh I love them