Sehun: Blondie

Deliquent

 

 

                              Sehun

 

Time seems to slow to a crawl the next day, leaving Sehun alone with his thoughts. Which is never a good idea and almost always leaves him with new wilts in his arm.  He isn’t sure whether or not to confront his mother. He also wonders if his father knows about all of this and that's why they’re fighting. Then again, his father wouldn't have come home and given her a kiss. He remembers noticing his mother's tight smile as if he repulsed her. Now whenever Sehun looks at her, he’s the repulsed one. Sure, his father is busy all the time but he's just making sure they can live comfortably. When he's actually home, he's a really good father and husband. He makes dinner, laughs, plays games, watches movies with them. And yet Sehun's mother is still out cheating with Kai's father. What does Kai's father have that Sehun's does not? From what he heard about the man, he's an alcoholic prick who lazes around all day collecting disability money from when he was in the war.

 

Sehun absolutely adores his father. So why can’t his mother? When did they start fighting, or become so cold towards each other? Is it Sehun? Is he the reason they hated each other? Sehun remembers the strange documents on the kitchen counter. Touching them gently, hesitantly. Like touching them would get him in trouble. When he finally dared to look, he could read at the top "Dissolution of Marriage"; his mother's lonesome signature at the bottom and his father’s nowhere to be seen. Sehun had slipped them into his bag before heading to school, wanting to make sure his father never saw them. Was it to protect him? Or out of anger for his mother? Not even Sehun could tell.


 

"You should dye your hair."

 

Sehun tears away from his thoughts and looks over his shoulder. He sighs when seeing Kai leaning against some lockers. "What're you talking about now?" Sehun slams his locker door.

 

"As revenge."

 

"Revenge," Sehun repeats. He shakes his head and walks off, deciding to go off on his own for lunch.

 

Kai catches up to him. "C'mon on, don't be such a prude."

 

"If you’re going to follow me, would you kindly shut up?" Sehun asks curtly.

 

"What's got your in a bunch?"

 

"Aside from the fact that I found out my mother has been cheating on my father with YOUR father?" Sehun stops once they got to the store and turns to face Kai. He pulls the divorce papers from his bag and slams them against Kai's chest. He storms into the store, leaving Kai to look at the documents.

 

Sehun wonders if his father saw the papers yet. If he did see them, is he refusing to sign them? Why couldn't they just make up? Why is it so difficult?

 

"Look. uh..."

 

Sehun doesn't look at Kai when he speaks. He grabs a sandwich and sets it in his basket, as well as a bag of chips and a soda. "Do you want anything?"

 

"What?" Kai asks, looking at the food.

 

"Are you hungry?"

 

"I....no, I'm not."

 

"Chicken or turkey?"

 

Kai sighs. "Chicken, always."

 

Sehun grabs a chicken sandwich, also placing it in the basket.

 

"I could steal that if I wanted to."

 

"Are you thirsty?"

 

"Colas fine," Kai says, seeming uncomfortable. "I don't know if I'm okay with this."

 

"It's okay, it's cheap," Sehun said, making his way to the front of the store. "I have the money anyway."

 

Kai sighs and crosses his arms. "You're ing weird."

 

Sehun smiles and bows to the cashier after taking his a bag. "Thank you." Kai practically hisses at the woman that stands behind the counter and stares at him with judgmental eyes. Sehun takes a seat on a bench outside the shop. He hands Kai his sandwich and soda. Kai hesitantly takes and takes a seat beside him. He sighs and sets them to the side.

 

"Sehun-"

 

"I don't think my dad saw them yet."

 

"You can't take this." Sehun remains silent as he eats his lunch. "Sehun." He looks up to meet Kai's gaze. "Your dad needs to see these..."

 

"Why?" Sehun asks, feeling almost betrayed. He knew Kai hated him but why was he being like this? He figured Kai would have understood. If he wanted this response, he would have gone to Suho. "It'll hurt my dad- it'll tear him apart…”

 

"Your dad is gonna wanna get a divorce anyway!"

 

"Why?!" Sehun Looks up and stares into Kai's dark eyes.

 

"Because your mom cheated on him, Blondie." Sehun tears his eyes away, turning his attention back to his food. Kai sets the papers back in Sehun's bag. "Listen, uh.." Sehun notices Kai shifting his body around uncomfortably. "I kind of went through the same thing." Sehun looks up at him and waits for him to finish. "I mean you know, the whole divorce thing."

 

Sehun smirks. "You got a divorce?"

 

Kai gives him a pointed look." No, ," He scoffs. "My parents got a divorce." He laughs and twists open the cap to his soda. "And uhm, you should know, it's not your fault," He says. "That your parents are separating."

 

Sehun takes a deep breath, and nods, though he isn't sure he fully believes him. "Kai, i-" He shallows hard and looks up at him. "What happened to your mom?" Sehun feels his chest tighten as Kai's expression turns to one of relaxation to sorrow. He looks away from Sehun, and towards the street. He says absolutely nothing, not even a small huff or puff. He didn't even call him a name. You're an idiot. Sehun internally curses himself. He feels so stupid for asking or even bringing it up. It’s so obvious what happened and yet he asked anyways. He doesn’t know exactly what happened in the past but he knew something happened to his mother- he never talks about her. Unless, of course, she was a horrible woman. If she was a horrible person, Sehun knows Kai would have -talked her. he stares at his sandwich and picks at the bread, feeling like a jerk. He knows what it's like, to lose someone close. His grandfather died two years ago and Tao left just a year ago. Of course, someone leaving for college and leaving you all alone in a ty situation isn't dying. But it still hurt.

 

"Hey, let's just go."

 

Sehun sighs and nods, wrapping his sandwich up and places it in his bag; he does the same with his soda. "Yeah, the bell might ring anyway-"

 

"No, let's ditch."

 

Sehun looks up at him wide-eyed. "Are you serious?"

 

Kai shrugs. "Come on, blondie. Stop being a in' and ditch school with me."

 

"I can't just ditch with you, Kai!"

 

"Why not?" Kai challenged. "You worried about your mama? Huh?"

 

"N-no, I just-"

 

"Live it up, prune-juice" Kai shouts. "If you're so damn worried about your teacher, tell 'em you got sick or something."

 

“First of all, that’s a really disgusting nickname. A-and secondly,” Sehun looks down at the ground and fiddles with his sweater. He blushes and bites his lip. "Why do you even want to ditch with me anyway?"

 

"I don't!" Kai laughs and stands up. "But hey, if it means getting your to live a little! Plus all of my friends are working right…” He trails and looks over at Sehun. He slowly grins; like a wolf looks at his prey. “Oh yeah,” Kai practically cackles. “I have a perfect idea.” he stuffs his own sandwich into Sehun's bag and zips it up. He yanks Sehun up and off the bench, forcing him to shrug on his backpack.

 

"What the heck are you doing?!" Sehun asks, trying to shake Kai off. Kai slaps Sehun's back and grins. He grabs his arm, leading him away from the shop and towards the mall.

 

"You’re about to meet the best friend a person can have,” he says proudly. “MY best friend!”

 

                                                                   

 




 

"Seriously?"

 

"Yep!"

 

Sehun stares in awe at the hair salon. "Your best friend happens to be a hairstylist?!”


 

“Kind of- he’s still training.” Kai grabs Sehun's arm again and drags him in. He looks around before seeming to spot what he wants and leads them over. Kai brings them over to a man sitting in a salon chair, a magazine in his hand and his leg crosses over the other. He looks eerily similar to Kai but with light blonde, almost white, hair and less of a tan.

 

"Hey, jackass!"

 

The man looks up and rolls his eyes. "Oh my god, someone call the cops."

 

"Not before I get what I came for!”

 

The blonde huffs and closes his magazine with what seems like fake force. He smacks it down and stands up, putting his hand on his hips. Getting a closer look, Sehun notices black eyeliner and a light shade of pink around his eyes. It’s subtle but still looks amazing somehow. He wears a black t-shirt with skinny jeans tucked into short, leather, black boots. He looks like he belongs in a club, not a salon. Sehun watches him in awe, finding him stupidly pretty. "Not again, Jongin! My mouth is still sore!"

 

Sehun gasps and looks at the floor, his cheeks heating up.

 

"Aww, come on! Just a quickie," Kai jokes. He laughs and wraps an arm around his friend, pulling him into a tight hug. The punk holds a warmth for this stranger that he’s never seen before.

 

"Shouldn’t you be in school, you dummy?" Taemin asks once he pulls back. Kai shrugs and reaches over, grabbing onto Sehun's sleeve and forcing him over.

 

"Taemin, , , Taemin," Kai introduces. Sehun glares at him. "Fine, whatever- Sehun."

 

Taemin gasps and looks at Sehun as if he were a puppy. "Oh my gosh, he's so cute! You were right!"

 

Kai blushes and laughs nervously. "No, I didn’t uh…”

 

Taemin giggles as he pulls Sehun over by his shoulders. "Jongin, did you bring me another victim?"

 

"Yep!"

 

"Aww," Taemin coos. "Hi, I'm Taemin."

 

"I already said that, idiot."

 

Taemin rolls his eyes. "It's nice to properly introduce yourself." He shakes his head. He let's go of Sehun's shoulders, bringing his attention to the boy's blonde hair. "Oh, who dyed your hair? It looks good!"

 

Sehun smiles too. "I-it’s nice to meet you too,” He looks at him sheepishly.

 

Taemin guides Sehun into the seat and looks at him through the mirror. "So, what's Kai forcing you to do?"

 

"Hey, he came here himself!" Kai lies, putting his hands up in defense.

 

Taemin raises a brow. "Oh really?" Sehun usually doesn’t like strangers touching him, but when this guy runs his hands through the boy’s hair, he instantly feels at ease. "And what do YOU want?”

 

Sehun sighs and leans back, staring himself in the mirror. He stares at his blonde hair that Taemin tousles softly and begins to fiddle with his thumbs. His mother had brought him to get his hair dyed after Tao left. She said she liked how sophisticated Tao's blonde hair looked. But unlike Sehun’s Chinese ex-lover, it just makes him feel childish unless styled correctly; which it never is. He really hates his blonde hair. It really makes him feel dumb.

 

Kai comes up beside them and stuffs his hands in his pocket. "What about brown? Might look good."  The punk tilts his head a bit, looking at Sehun. "It might take the attention away from your face.

 

Taemin nudges him with his elbow. "Shut up, He looks fine."

 

"Fine is not the same as good," Kai smirks.

 

Sehun huffs. "And you look good?"

 

Kai purses his lips as he thinks about it. "I think so," He responds.

 

"Conceded much?"

 

Taemin sighs and puts his hands on Sehun's shoulders. "Don't let Jongin pressure you into anything, Sehun. He's really good at that."

 

Sehun picks at his shirt, playing with a string that hangs from it. He honestly feels torn about it all. He never really realized how much of his appearance is actually controlled. His clothing, hair, shoes- even his eyesight was dictated by her. He doesn’t even need glasses and yet he gets lectured and can't leave the house without them on. Sehun really hates his blonde hair; he hates his dumb glasses too. He bites his lip and looks up at Taemin through the mirror. He nods his head, giving him the ok. “B-brown…”

 

It's a strange thing to say that Kai gives him confidence. Not the way a good friend does but in a way he knows Kai will always be honest with him. Not with his feelings, but in general. If Sehun looked bad that day, he'd tell him. If he thinks Sehun's being stupid, he'll say it. Sure, he has a lot of friends but none of them ever give him the confidence to defy his mother. Not like this. He suddenly becomes extremely anxious when Taemin pulls out a comb and a pair of scissors. He smiles sweetly and gently puts a hand on his shoulder.

 

"Relax, honey.”

 

.

-------------------------

I like how easily Sehun took to Taemin and vise versa~