Sehun: Common Interest

Deliquent

 

 

                         Sehun

 

Sehun tries to balance on his toes as he extends his arm out, struggling to keep the position. "Dammit," He whines when he falls out of the pose and stumbles a bit. He goes over to the stereo and practically slaps the rewind button.

 

"You almost got it! Keep going!" Baekhyun shouts through a megaphone.

 

Sehun covers his ears and groans. "Do you have to use that all the time, Baek?”

 

Baekhyun stares at him for a moment before raising it again. "Yes!"

 

"Stop."

 

"You're no fun," Baekhyun pouts and Sehun smirks up at the clock.

 

"Uh...shouldn't you be somewhere?"

 

Baekhyun furrows his brows. "What?"

 

Sehun shrugs and goes back to the mirror. He grabs onto the pole running horizontally along the room. "Oh, I don't know- maybe your boyfriend's basketball game?"

 

Baekhyun stares dumbly before widening his eyes and gasping. He quickly gathers his things and almost falls as he stands "Chanyeol! Oh !" He squeals and waves to Sehun hastily before running out. "Bye!"

 

Sehun laughs and shakes his head, once again extending his arm over his head to make an O shape. He sets his barefoot out in front of his left and points his toes. He sighs and stares at himself in the large, wall mirror. "I'll ever get this down.." He can't practice as much as he wants to, due to his mother. Sehun would practice every day if he could, but he just couldn't. His mother found him practicing in the backyard when he was seven and had gotten mad. She slapped his hands and lectures him about how dancing wasn't a real skill and he'd never get a job.

 

Sehun doesn’t know why he listens to her in the first place. What useful skills does she have other than lecturing everyone around her? “Being a bad mother comes to mind,” Sehun scoffs as he stares at himself in the mirror. He stops dancing and sighs. “I can’t talk about her that way…”

 

"Good, good! Let the hate flow through you!"

 

Sehun whips his head around, feeling ten times worse when he sees Kai standing in the doorway. He sighs and sets his foot flat. He lets go of the bar and grabs his towel, wiping the sweat from his forehead. This delinquent is the last person he wants to see right now.

 

"Didn't know you dance," Kai says, leaning against the doorframe.

 

"Didn't know you were a star wars fan."

 

"Yeah, well..."

 

Sehun quickly covers his arms up with his hoodie before sitting beside the radio. "What do you want? I don’t need this today.”

 

Kai raises a brow and scoffs. "Uh, study?" He looks at the clock. "Unless you wanna do my homework for me after all."

 

“Nice try,” Sehun crinkles his nose and looks at his phone. "Ugh," He groans. "I forgot."

 

"How the hell do you forget?" Kai asks, watching Sehun begin to pack up. "We've been doin' this for the last past two weeks and you forgot?"

 

Sehun sighs. "Can you just drop it? I'm coming now." He stands up and joins Kai by the door.

 

"Not that I give two s- but what the hell happened?"

 

"If you don’t give a , don’t ask,” He retorts and rolls his eyes, hauling his backpack on. Sehun feels a bit better when he sees Suho by his locker. He smiles at his friend and grabs onto Suho's sleeve tightly, like a child reaching for a parent. Suho isn’t his real name, of course. When they were in middle school, it’s a nickname Sehun gave him and it stuck. They also created stupid, fake powers. Suho turns and smiles at him widely.



 

"Sehuna, hello," He greets. "Did your classes go okay?"

 

Sehun nods happily. "Yeah. Why aren't you at Chanyeol's game?"

 

"I was just about to head over- do you want to join?"

 

Sehun frowns. "I would but..."

 

Suho glances over at Kai. "Right...you're babysitting." It makes Sehun giggle.

 

Kai glares at him. "Man, shut up! Just go to the stupid game!"

 

"And stop you from learning all the magical things history has to offer us? Never,” Sehun replies cheerfully.

 

Kai groans loudly. "Let's hurry the up then!"

 

Suho crosses his arms. "You better watch yourself, Jongin- You don’t want to see what I can do when I’m angry; so you’d better take care of Sehun.”


 

"Whatever, I'm not his dad."

 

"Thankfully, no." Suho's smile returns. He grabs onto Sehun's shoulders and stares into his eyes. "Huna, if this man touches you, you call me." It causes to Sehun blush and laughs shyly.

 

"Don't make me puke! I'd never touch this loser!" Kai shouts and kicks the locker before walking out.

 

"Quite a temper, that one."

 

Sehun rolls his eyes again but he still smiles. "I'll see you later, Suho."

 

Suho pulls Sehun into a tight hug. "Stay safe, okay?"





 

"You're close to that guy?" Kai asks as he leans against the window sill.

 

Sehun looks up from his text book. "What?"

 

Kai shrugs and finally opens the can of soda Sehun got him. "You're close to that guy from earlier? What was his name? Suho?"

 

"Yeah, I've been friends with him for a long time,” He replies. “Suho isn’t his real name though.”

 

"How long?"

 

"Nine years, why do you give a ?"

 

Kai laughs and leans back. "Aha! You said a curse word!"

 

Blushing again, Sehun looks back down at his book. "Whatever- it's not even a real curse,” He mutters.

 

"But you still said it! Maybe that stick up your isn't up there as deep as I thought!"

 

"Shut up, let's just-" Sehun is interrupted by a loud knock on his door.

 

"Sehun!"

 

Sehun lets out a groan as he looks back at Kai. When the punk smiles with amusement, it makes him laugh a little. He slowly stands and opens the door, trying to not look irritated by her. “Yes, mom?”

 

"Why are your shoes-" She looks past him and stares at Kai; he stares back at her as if to. "Who the hell is this?"

 

"I already told you I'm tutoring him," Sehun responds. "We've talked about this."

 

His mother's face warps into a look of disgust and she looks back at her son. "Pick up your shoes," She says simply before walking off.

 

Sehun closes the door and rolls his eyes. "Yes, mother."

 

"What a charming woman."

 

Sehun sits down beside Kai as before and picks his pencil back up. He swallows hard as he stares at the book. "She's a ing ."

 

Kai widens his eyes and he stares at him. He laughs and claps, pushing himself off the sill and quickly sitting beside Sehun. "Tell me how you really feel, blondie!"

 

Sehun shakes his head slowly. "I-I...shouldn't have said that."

 

"No, seriously, tell me.”

 

Sehun looks at Kai. "Do you care?"

 

"I like gossip."

 

Sehun once again gets up and goes to the door. He peeks out and notices her on her phone as she heads out the door. He backs up and turns to look at him. "I only found out about a week ago," Sehun says. "But I think she's cheating on my dad."

 

"And...you know this, how?"

 

Taking a deep breath, Sehun grabs Kai by the arm and pulls him up. Kai stares at him oddly as he drags the punk out of the room and down the hall. He ushers him into his father’s office before shutting the door. He motions to a phone at the desk. "My phone died, so I used this phone to call Baekhyun."

 

"Baekhyun," Kai repeats.

 

“One of my best friends. And he’s the angry red-head that screamed at you,” Sehun says before motioning for the punk to come closer. “I overheard a conversation between my mom and a random man. A-and I uh….accidentally recorded it.” The two of them remain silent as the machine plays the recorded message.

 

"Hey, baby," Sehun's mother says. "Where are you?" There's a small pause.

 

"I'm sorry, I had to deal with my son."

 

"What happened?"

 

"He came home drunk, again," The man sighs. "I'm on my way, darling- I have a special place I will take you."

 

Sehun's mother giggles. "Oh, Mr. Kim! If you think that’ll get you-"

 

Kai presses the button, ending it early. Sehun looks up and scowls "Hey, what's the big idea?!"

 

The punk takes a deep breath and clenches his fist. "That..." He looks over at Sehun, his face turns red with anger. "That voice is my father's."