Sehun: Delete

Deliquent

 

 

                                 Sehun

"Your dumb Tao is in town for only two weeks," Kai gripes. "Go be with him and stop forcing me to be your victim,” Kai says as he parks the car at the empty parking lot of the beach. He looks around and sighs.

 

“He’s not MY Tao. At least, not anymore,” He mutters. Sehun is, personally, glad to get away from the hustle of the city. He doesn’t want to even think about Tao right now. Just enjoy the strong winds, sands, and a nice beach house. Because he had spent the last past week visiting with him and it honestly just hurt. He asked all sorts of questions about Sehun, and Kai as well. But now that winter break has come around, he's just happy enough to get away. It’s a miracle his mother even let him come. "By the way, you should have told me you had your license!" He says as he quickly gets out of the car. He sets his bag on the hood of the car and pulls out his camera. He turns hit on and looks at the beach through the lens.."We could get out more often"

 

Kai smirks and joins him. "I don't.”

 

Sehun gasps and looks at him. "What?!"

 

"I rammed my dad's car into someone else's and got my licenses taken away a few months ago."

 

"Kai! You just drove me out of town!"

 

"So? It's the first day of break."

 

"I'm talking about your license! What if we got stopped and arrested?"

 

Kai shrugs, heading off to the shore. "You'd just break me out with all your fancy money."

 

Sehun catches up to him. "Money that belongs to my parents, one of them hates your guts,” He points out. “She’s rather let you rot in jail!”

 

"Aww but I'm such a nice guy," Kai jokes.

 

"You're a ing is that you are,” Sehun mutters.

 

Kai dramatically gasps. "Sehun! You said !"

 

Sehun grumbles and fiddles with his camera. He shrugs. "I mean...so?"

 

"I'm rubbing off on you, huh?"

 

"No..."

 

"Are you sure, nosebleed?"

 

Sehun pushes him away, "Just go over and lay down or something."

 

Kai lays down on his side and props his head up with his right arm. "Hey, Taemin might have invited you to stay out in the cabin with us," He says as Sehun towers over him with his camera. "But I can still drive your sorry home and you can spend your hot, sad summer reading with your sorry self."

 

"I'm not getting in another car with you," Sehun said. He reaches over and lifts Kai's shirt over his belly, giving him a more casual appearance. "Why're you wearing jeans at the beach?"

 

"What else am I supposed to wear?" Kai asks. "It's in' winter."

 

"True, and it gives you a nice, cool guy look," Sehun admits. "When's the last time you went to a beach?"

 

"Today."

 

Sehun looks at him n surprise. "Seriously?"

 

"Uh, kind of. The last time I went, I was like five," He replies. "Man, modeling is easy."

 

"It'll be easier if you'd shut your mouth." Sehun huffs

.

Kai smirks. "I knew it."

 

"What?"

 

"I'm rubbin' off on you."

 

Sehun squints at him and shakes his head. "Shut up."

 

 

 

Jonghyun is the first person to greet them as soon as they enter, offering to take Sehun’s coat. “Did you guys find the place alright?” He asks as he shrugs the coat off of him and hangs it up. Sehun thanks him with a bashful smile.

 

"Nope, we're still lost," Kai says sarcastically. "Poor, poor us- stuck out in the wilderness! In winter!"

 

"Oh no!" Taemin exclaims dramatically. "Two handsome men alone in the cold, dark wilderness! Whatever shall they do to keep warm?"

 

Sehun blushes and looks down as Kai playfully pushes Taemin. "Shut up, !" His friend pushes back and before long, the two of them are in a quick wrestling match, trying to get each other in headlocks.

 

Jonghyun laughs at the two before going to the stove and resuming his cooking. "Sehun, why aren't you with your friends?"

 

"Sehun IS our friend, Jonghyun," Taemin says as he holds Kai’s head tightly. The guy might be extremely pretty but he looks incredibly strong. Jonghyun shakes his head.

 

"I'm talking about his other friends- aren't they doing anything for winter?"

 

Sehun takes a seat on the counter and watches Taemin’s boyfriend stir the rice. Taemin lets go of Kai, laughing before he goes to the other room. "Suho is visiting his father and Baekhyun is with Chanyeol, at his father's cabin."

 

"Alone?"

 

Sehun nods. "Yeah, I think it's nice they're going away for break. It's romantic."

 

Jonghyun smirks. "Oh yeah, romantic." Kai snickers and Sehun blushes.

 

"Bad news, kiddos," Taemin says, coming from the next room. "We only have two beds."

 

"So?" Kai shrugs.

 

"That means Sehun and you get to share a bed, idiot."

 

Sehun glances at Kai before looking away, focusing on Jonghyun's cooking. He doesn't mind, of course. But with his recent feelings, it almost worries him. "Doesn’t bother me," Kai says casually. He goes over to Jonghyun as well and watches him make rice. "Add some spices."

 

"Hey, I know what I'm doing,” Jonghyun scoffs, gently pushing him away. Stubborn, Kai stands in place and waits for things to be added.

 

"How'd you get your mom to agree, Sehun?" Taemin goes over and rests a hand on Sehun's knee. "Doesn't your mom hate Kai?"

 

Sehun fiddles with the bottom of his own shirt. "Well um..." He sighs and looks down at the ground, feeling a bit guilty. "I told her...I told her I was visiting with Tao."

 

Kai looks at him. "What?!"

 

Sehun narrows his eyes. "What's wrong with that?”

 

"What? You embarrassed of hanging out with us?!" Kai shouts, obviously irritated by that.

 

"Kai, come on," Taemin sighs.

 

"No, I'm not!" Sehun argues. “Of course not!”

 

"So why lie?!"

 

"Do you really think my mother would let me go if she knew it was with you?!" Sehun shouts back and hops off the counter. "She hates you, Jongin...I-I didn’t know what else to do!”

 

Kai laughs dryly. "Are you serious?" Sehun can feel Kai's eyes on him, burning holes through his head. "Fine! Screw this!" Kai throws his hands up and storms out, grabbing his jacket.

 

"Kai!" Taemin shouts, trying to go after him. Jonghyun grabs his shoulder and holds him back.

 

"Let him go, babe. He needs to relax."

 

Sehun goes to the window and watches Kai heading to the beach. He sits down at the shore and seems to angrily stab at the sand. Sehun knows his mother adores Tao and when he had told her he'd be out with him, she was absolutely thrilled. She didn't know they were lovers at one time, but just that they were good friends. Tao did invite Sehun but he said no. But he was so happy when Taemin invited him. He isn’t sure if it’s because of Kai or because he wanted to get out of town. Sehun thinks that, maybe, it’s an equal amount of both. He wanted so badly to go but he knew he couldn’t if his mom knew it was with Kai.

 

"I just really wanted to come..." Sehun says with guilt. He isn’t sure why Kai cares but he shouldn’t have brought Tao up.

 

"Kai's really happy you decided to come," Taemin says, wrapping an arm around Sehun. He looks out the window at Kai as well. The punk had stopped his knife tantrum and is now just sitting there, facing the water.

 

"Really?"

 

Taemin chuckles. "You should have seen him- he was so picky with any outfit he picked.”

 

"That's...not a thing he does?"

 

"Are you kidding me? Kai doesn't give two s about that kind of stuff. The boy's thrilled you came, but he'll never say it."

 

"How am I supposed to know then?"

 

"Trust me," Taemin winks. "A best friend knows, honey; Kai’s happy.”

 

Taemin leaves Sehun to his thoughts, going over to talk with his boyfriend. After glancing at the two, Sehun steps out of the cabin and looks to the beach. He lets out a soft sigh as he sits on the steps and pulls his camera out. He smiles back at the photos of Kai; he really makes a good model.  He wonders why he got so mad at the mention of Tao. He tilts his head as he looks through the pictures. He looks so natural in front of a camera- perhaps even more so than Tao. Setting his camera down, he pulls his phone out and pulls up the photo he took of Tao almost over a year ago. He stares at it, slowly frowning. It no longer makes him happy.



 

"Tao, stay still!" Sehun says, laughing.

 

Tao shakes his head. "Baby, you already took so many- come on."

 

"No, this one is for my wallpaper," Sehun says. "Come on, one more!"

 

He sighs and smiles. "Alright." Tao crouches down and stares at the camera with an intense stare. With a raised brow, he flashes a smirk.

 

"Oh, y!" Sehun giggles and Tao snarls playfully.  "What a beast!


 

Sehun wonders what made Tao get over him so quickly. He thinks about what Kris could have done or been like to him to forget all about everything Sehun and he had. He takes a deep breath as he pushes the delete button. When the sign asking if he sure pops up, he pauses. He looks up and smiles when he catches Kai watching him. He waves weakly. The punk stares for a moment before returning the gesture. Sehun looks back down at his phone and stares at the message. He presses yes. Delete.

-------------------------

The picture inspired Kai's beach modeling session :P