Sehun: College and Friends

Deliquent

                                   Sehun

Sitting with Kai, Sehun feels kinda weird with Baekhyun on his other side. Chanyeol sits with his boyfriend and Suho sits on the seat opposite of them. While he likes having his own friends hanging out with Kai, it’s strange, very strange. But welcomed, in a way. They actually both wanted to ditched but with Kai’s B so close to becoming an A, Sehun decides to force him through it. They even study through the weekend and Thursdays. But, of course, they’d never skip their dancing on Wednesday; not ever.

 

“Jongin, that girl keeps looking over at you,” Suho announces after swallowing down his lunch. Sehun frowns and looks over. He sighs when he notices Krystal. When Kai sees her, he rolls his eyes and looks away.

 

“I don’t care,” He scoffs.

 

“Who is she?” Baekhyun asks.

 

“She’s part of student council,” Suho replies. “She asked me if I knew Jongin or not. I said that we share a mutual friend but that’s it.”

 

Kai lets out a sigh and sets his chicken sandwich down. “She’s my ex-girlfriend.”

 

“I see…” Suho glances over as well, taking a sip of his drink. He nods. “It might not be my business but I can’t help feel there’s a lot of unresolved tension.”

 

“You’re right,” Kai mutters.” It’s NOT your business.”

 

Suho smiles at him. “You know, forgiveness is the first step to really moving on. From what I’ve seen and what Sehun has told me, you’ve made good progress. Maybe forgiving her will help.”

 

“Forgiving her?” Kai scoffs but he looks over at Krystal. He stares at her for a moment and seems to struggle.

 

Sehun smiles and leans over, giving his hand a squeeze. “He has a point, you know.”

 

“But I…” The punk groans. He sits in silences for a moment before standing up. After giving Sehun a kiss to his cheek, he stuffs his hands in his pockets. Seeming to muster his courage, he walks over to Krystal’s groups of friends. She jumps a little and stares at him with wide eyes. But she says something to her friends and they all seem to leave the two alone.

 

“Are you worried?” Chanyeol asks.

 

“Huh?” Sehun replies but he doesn’t look away.

 

“That he’ll...I don’t know, go back to her?” Baekhyun speaks up this time. Sehun slowly smiles as he watches the two.

 

“No,” He says. “Not at all. We’re...we share something really special…”

 

“Oh my god.”

 

“W-what?” Sehun looks at Baekhyun and frowns.

 

“You two totally kissed!”

 

Blushing, the boy looks at his food in embarrassment. “W-well, we’ve kissed more than a few times by now.”

 

“They had !” Chanyeol announces. Sehun gasps and looks at his tall friend.

 

“C-Chanyeol!”

 

Suho chuckles. “I agree. You have a certain...glow about you. The last time we saw you like this, you had lost your ity.”

 

“Okay, wow,” Sehun laughs nervously. “That’s so...true,” He admits.

 

Baekhyun claps loudly, getting the attention of some nearby students; including Kai and Krystal. “That’s my boy!  Get some!”

 

“S-stop!” Sehun reaches over, slapping his friend’s hand. He blushes when Kai gives him a small smirk before turning back away. He groans. “You guys are so…”

 

“Really, Sehun. We’re all really happy for you,” Suho says. “It feels like only yesterday that delinquent was cursing at everyone and kicking lockers.”

 

Sehun smiles at them, picking at his food for a moment. He feels a bit bad for not hanging out with them as much as he used to. His time is usually taken up by Kai, Taemin, or school. He frowns and sets his own sandwich down. “H-hey guys,” he stutters shyly. “I just...want you guys to know that I...love you all.” They all stare at him for a moment, seeming confused. “I know I haven’t spent a lot of time with you guys b-but…I-I still care about you guys a-and…” He jumps a little when Baekhyun quickly wraps an arm around his shoulder.

 

“Come on, you don’t have to tell us that,” He says and gives his cheek a kiss. “You know we love our favorite little dork.”

 

“Come on. You’re embarrassing me…”

 

“Why do you feel like you have to tell us?” Suho puts in. “We know with everything going on, you're so busy. With your father, mother, and Jongin’s own father. Not only that but the stress of school as well,” he explains. He leans over, smiling as he touches Sehun’s bare arm. “And we’re not worried because we’ve seen your arm lately.”

 

Sehun glances at his arm. “Why does...that matter?”

 

“Are you kidding?” Chanyeol asks. “You haven’t cut in weeks! And you’re wearing a lot of short sleeves- we’re REALLY proud of you, Sehuna.”

 

“S-shut up,” Sehun pulls his arm away. “I don’t wanna cry at school.”

 

Baekhyun chuckles as he pulls his own arm back and returns to his lunch. “Okay, crybaby.”

 

Sehun stares at him for a moment before groaning. “Oh my god, please don’t tell me you guys are gonna start calling me that.” Before anyone can speak, Kai and Krystal approach the table. The punk goes behind Sehun and gently puts his hands on his shoulders.

 

“H-hey, Sehun,” Krystal greets, a nervous smile on her face. “I uh,” she holds her bag close. “I just wanted to...apologize for everything. For everything, I’ve said or done. And for everything my...ex-boyfriend did.” She swallows hard. “And  I want you to know that I hope Jongin and you are very happy together. I know now that it...could never work between us anymore.” Sehun raises his brows at her as he continues to listen. “Good luck...both of you.” Without another word, she turns away, heading back to her group of friends. Everyone sits in silence for a moment.

 

Kai leans down. “Are you okay?”

 

“Are you?” Sehun asks. “D-did your talk go well?”

 

“I…” The punks sighs, helping Sehun out from his seat as the bell rings. “It was a lot easier than I thought. We’ll talk about it after school, okay?”

 

“Okay,” He agrees as he starts to back his things back into his bag. “Bye, you guys.”

 

Bye-bye!” Baekhyun says loudly.

 

“You’re telling your parents today, right?” Suho asks and Sehun nods.”Good luck, Sehuna. Call or text me if either of you need anything.”

 

“We will,” Sehun assures him. He smiles at them before letting Kai take his hand and lead him off to their next class. He feels weird about Krystals’ apology but nice. It must feel better for Kai. After all this time, to finally get some apology from the girl that broke his heart. Sehun wonders if he'll ever get that from Tao. but he seriously doubts it.

 

 

 

After school, Sehun had decided it’d be best if he goes in first to break the news. His mother kind of dislikes him, so they both thought it’d be better that way. But now he wishes the punk had gone in with him. As he stands with his back against the hall wall, listening to his parents; anxiety causing him to freeze up. “Everything is finalized?" His mother asks. There are sounds of paper shuffling.

 

“Everything is official.”

 

“Good,” She says.

 

"Do you have somewhere to go?"

 

"Please, you don’t care."

 

"...I do care," Sehun's father sighs, "I always will."

 

"And what about Sehun?"

 

"You can visit him if you wish, but he stays here."

 

"I have no say in it?"

 

"The court granted him to me, you know. After your actions..."

 

"I'm unfit," She finishes for him.

 

"Yes..." They remain silent for a few moments. "And what about your boyfriend?"

 

"He...doesn't want anything to do with me."

 

"That's for the best."

 

"Why?" She huffs, sounding irritated.

 

"Jongin and Sehun, they-"

 

"I don't want to talk about them."

 

"You need to accept it."

 

"Do I?"

 

"He's our son! We have to accept him, no matter what."

 

Sehun's mother sighs. "Why couldn't we have a normal son?" Sehun sniffs, stopping a tear from falling.

 

"There's nothing wrong with him- he's not defective!"

 

"But, I just wanted him to-"

 

"You wanted him to be a perfect, mindless robot." Sehun closes his eyes and leans his head back against the wall.

 

"I want him to have a bright future!"

 

"He WILL have a bright future, don't you see that?! Look at our son! He's a happy, sweet, and intelligent boy!  Who he dates is none of our business!”

 

"You're comfortable with Jongin being near him?"

 

"Why wouldn't I be?" Sehun smiles at that.

 

"He's a delinquent! He’s a bad influence on him!"

 

Taking a deep breath, Sehun pushes himself forward. "He WAS, a delinquent," he says, taking a step out into the kitchen. They look at him in surprise. “As of next week, when school ends, he’ll graduate with an A, alongside with me.”

 

"Sehun, how long have you-"

 

"Only for calling Jongin a delinquent part," Sehun lies. "Dad, mom..." He shakes as he pulls two letters from his back pocket, handing it to them. "Those are letters from the university I want to go to, for music." Sehun watches them as they look through the letters.

 

Sehun's mother narrows her eyes at the second one. "Sehun, this says it's for-"

 

"Jongin. We..." Sehun lets out a shaky breath.  "We got accept into the same college."

 

"S-Sehun..."

 

"When we graduate, we're packing up and moving into the dorms together."

 

Sehun's father smiles widely, pulling his son into a tight hug. "That's my boy, Sehun!"

 

He smiles sadly and looks up at his mother. "Mom, It's not the college you wanted me in but...Jongin got accepted too."

 

"You did this?" She asks, his voice quiet. "When? How did this happen?"

 

"I helped him," Sehun admits. "W-we helped each other...." he remembers the way Kai's father had cried when they told him. He hugged his son, for the first time in years. He told his son he loved him and that he was proud of him. And he remembers the way Kai tried not to cry but he did; a lot. He’s working on patching things up and forgiving his father. Sehun wants to do the same. "Mom, please be proud of me..."

 

"Sehun, I...." Sehun's mother sets the letter down and takes a deep breath. She sniffs and walks up to her son, pulling him into a tight hug. "Oh, baby, I'm sorry...I'm so sorry."

 

Sehun wraps his arms around his mother and sighs, leaning his head against her shoulders. The last time he was this close to his mother, it was his fourteenth birthday. He closes his eyes, trying his hardest not to cry. Honestly, he’ll cry about pretty much everything. Sad commercials, romance movies, and books; he even cried when Baekhyun started dating Chanyeol. Out of happiness, of course.

 

Sehun cried when Kai announced he was going to Tao’s wedding next year. How he doesn’t want him to go through it alone. Because Suho is right, forgiveness is the next step forward. And he wants to forgive. Everyone is extremely skeptical of it but Sehun wants this. Anyways, he doesn’t want Tao anymore. He doesn't want anyone but Kai. The man is a huge ing but he’s perfect. He has a bad temper, never towards Sehun, and sometimes he thinks it’s funny to poke fun at how sensitive he is. But he kinda likes it, in a weird way. He knows it’s Kai’s strange show of affection; how he shows he cares.

 

“Okay, gross,” Kai grumbles as he walks in. “Emotions, feelings, ugh.”

 

Sehun lets go of his mother and steps back, smiling at her son fondly. "Jongin." She narrows her eyes at him but sighs when Sehun’s father motions. She crosses her arms. "Congratulations are in order, Jongin."

 

Sehun smiles sheepishly when Kai gives him a pointed look. "Really? You told EVERYONE?"

 

"I'm just excited!” Sehun claps happily.

 

"I should just tell everyone you're blackmailing me to go."

 

Sehun pouts. "You signed up for college right next to me!"

 

"For s and giggles."

 

"Uh uh! You're excited too."

 

"Whatever."

 

Sehun stands beside Kai and sighs. Sehun's mother looks at him awkwardly, her expression softening at her son’s begging eyes. "Jongin," She sighs. "You..." She puts her hands on her hips. "Just, take care of my Sehuna, alright? He...never looks after himself.”

 

Kai stares up at her, finally nodding. "No one's gonna hurt him, not while I'm around."

 

She slowly smiles and looks down at the letter. She picks it up and looks at it before handing it back to Kai. "Good luck."

 

Kai takes it from her, nodding again as he slips it into his back pocket. "I have a good luck charm," He says casually, lifting up a keychain. Sehun widens his eyes and gasps, gaping at him. The keychain he had stolen that time.

 

"Jongin!"

 

"What?" Kai smirks, knowing damn well Sehun wouldn’t ever say a thing in front of his parents.

 

He laughs nervously and glances at them. "I...can't believe you still have that."

 

"Yeah, I mean, you practically inspired me to get it."

 

Sehun glares at him. "How sweet."

 

"I try my best."

 

Regardless of how much he changes, Kai will and always will be a huge, giant .