Sehun: Dance Lesson

Deliquent

 

                                              Sehun

 

"No, don't just step into that position," Kai instructs. "Stand straight, turnout from there." Sehun puts his feet together and stands straight. "From your hip, you'll rotate your legs to get your knees and feet to turn outward, away from the center of your body." Sehun struggles as he tries to follow Kai's instructions but eventually figures it out. "This rotation allows for a better extension of your leg, especially when raising it to the side and rear." Sehun nods his head, listening as he spoke. Kai’s quite different when he dances. His angry, mean persona completely dissolves and a graceful, focused man comes out in his place. Sehun smiles to himself. Jongin comes out and he likes him a bit more. "Is something funny, idiot?!" Kai asks curtly and Sehun quickly shakes his head. And there's Kai.

 

"No, uhh...nope."

 

"Anyways, you'll want to always have a mirror when you practice."

 

"How come-"

 

"Shut up. Listen and pay attention." Sehun pouts but does as he says. Kai stands behind Sehun and grabs his shoulders, forcing them straight. "After you've found your turnout, you'll want to make sure that your hip is in line with your shoulder." Sehun turns to his side and looks into the large mirror closest to him. Kai grabs Sehun's hip and helps guide him in the right position. "Your hips," He says, not letting go even when Sehun found the correct posture. "Needs to be in line with your ankles."

 

Sehun nods again and looks at himself; his body in a perfectly straight line. "Okay."

 

"If you force your turnout, you'll have an arch in your back and you don't want that." Kai brings up a hand and flattens it against Sehun's back. "Pull up through your abs, keep your shoulders broad."

 

Sehun sighs as he stares at himself. "I really was doing it wrong..."

 

"Yeah, horribly wrong," He scoffs. "I'm surprised your friend didn't say anything."

 

"Baekhyun?" Sehun asks and giggles. "Oh, he does NOT dance. I mean, he club dances but...just, no."

 

"Remember to be tall, straight, and proud."

 

"I can be everything but the second," Sehun replies, straight-faced. He can tell Kai was trying not to break into a laugh.

 

He quickly shakes his head and coughs. Once he regains seriousness, he mirror's Sehun's pose but more elegant and gracefully. "Be confident, chest forward- heart forward. Have your shoulders," Kai motions to his shoulders and then to Sehun's. "Over your hips. Don't push yourself too much, work with the turnout you have."

 

"Yours is better than mine," Sehun mumbles.

 

"I've been practicing since I was a kid, so no ing duh."

 

"That doesn't sound like a graceful ballerina."

 

"And you're going to be a fumbling ballerina with a bloodied lip if you don't shut up." Sehun has already had a bloodied lip and it’s not fun at all. "This is the first, basic position of ballet- there's five. Four that are regularly used in classic ballet." Sehun nods again. "Turn towards me." When Sehun does as he asks, Kai continues. "Keep your heels together and your legs straight."

The boy fixes his own pose, trying to mirror Kai's as closely as possible; though his feet couldn't turn as far as his.

 

"Like this?"

 

"Good," Kai says with a nod. He backs up and brings his arms together with one smooth, effortless motion. "From your shoulder to your elbow is rotating inward." Sehun backs up as well to have room to copy. Kai sighs and goes up behind Sehun. He guides his arms to be rounded, as Kai's were before. Kai stays like that for a moment as he talks about it. Sehun tires to listen but is quickly distracted by something that suddenly hits him; Kai's scent. The smell of his sweat mingled with an intoxicating cologne; like cinnamon and vanilla, with a hint of leather. His knee feels as if they would buckle at any moment. What the hell am I doing?

 

This is honestly the first time he decides to really look at Kai carefully. He turns his head to watch him through the mirror, concentrating on his features. His tan skin is practically glowing in the rosy-golden rays of the setting sun. Lips thick and full under a straight nose, high cheekbones and dark, almond-shaped eyes. Kai's thick, styled hair in its usual tousled mess. It would normally look sloppy on someone else but for him, it works; Especially with sweat trickling down his face and neck.

 

Sehun feels Kai's fingers on his own, saying something about "Graceful fingers". His face feels hot, his cheeks growing red. He tries his hardest to concentrate but he just can’t. What’s wrong with me?

 

"Now, slide one of your feet out, so there's at least..." Kai trails off and turns to catch Sehun's stare. "Are you listening?"

 

Sehun quickly looks away and nods. "Y-yes…”

 

Kai shrugs. "Anyways, there should be about a foot worth of distances between your feet." Sehun slides his foot out as he said and takes a deep breath. Focus, Sehun. Focus. He tries to tell himself that but he feels himself struggle a bit when Kai crouches down and grabs above Sehun's knee. Kai's other hand stays on Sehun's lower back. "Make sure not to sag," He instructs, helping him into form. He stands up and grabs Sehun's arms, guiding them out to the side. Kai walks in front of Sehun and looks at him. His gazes wonders around Sehun's body as if looking for flaws. "Now we-" Kai stops when he sees Sehun's sweaty, red face. Sehun shallows hard and tries to breathe evenly. Not from the stressful position but his sudden attraction. A stupid attraction that seemed to have come flying and hit him straight in the gut.

 

"Do...you wanna stop?"

 

"N-no," Sehun stutters. he wants to be close to Kai, he likes the feeling of him being close by. Sehun tries to shake the thoughts from his mind. "A...uh...small break, maybe," He says in almost a whisper.

 

Kai takes a step back and laughs. "I've been working your too hard, huh?"

 

"Yeah," Sehun laughs as well but it's nervous. He doesn’t mind working hard, he does it a lot. It’s Kai that doesn’t help. He doesn’t know why he’s like this. He doesn’t hate him anymore but it shouldn’t be like this. Sehun hurries over to his things and takes out his water bottle. He quickly downs the whole thing. He gasps and breathes heavily afterward. You can't think about him like that. He's...straight. He's an ! He's…

 

"Totally hot," Sehun says breathlessly.

 

"What is?"

 

Sehun looks at Kai and notices he’d been standing beside him. He grabs his towel and quickly stands up straight. "This room, it...uhm...got really hot all of a sudden."

 

Kai puts his hands on his hips and looks out the window. "Whatever, I'll open some windows."

 

Sehun watches Kai do just that. While he does so, however, Sehun's eyes rake down Kai's body, his white, loose shirt sticking to his body from sweat. He groans and tears his gaze away.

 

"You're still uhm, tired from when you danced earlier?"

 

Kai shakes his head. "No but I'm out of practice, so I'm sweating more than usual.

 

"How could you smoke and still be good at this?"

 

Kai chuckles. "I could ask you the same."

 

"I don’t smoke as much as you and I kind of at this whole ballet thing..."

 

"You have a good figure and sense of form- so you just have to be patient," Kai says. "Which we both know you aren’t.”

 

Sehun frowns. "I do too have patience!"

 

"For me, not ballet.

 

Sehun can’t argue with that. He might be patient with Kai but sometimes dancing is hard. He doesn’t dislike dancing. He loves it, of course. But every time he tries to learn something new, it frustrates him and he goes back to what he knows. "Well, you're a good teacher, Jongin."

 

"Don't say that," Kai groans. "Then I won't wanna teach you." Sehun grins, knowing Kai won’t ever stop trying to teach him. Even after Sehun learns ballet, he’s sure Kai will try to get him to learn something new. The man is too stubborn. "It's open," Kai calls out when there's knocking at the doors. Students are allowed to hang out at the school during weekends, but they usually don’t.

 

Sehun smiles when he sees his red-haired petite friend. "Sehun," Baekhyun smiles as well. "You uh..." He glances over at Kai.

 

"Dance practice,” Kai replies.

 

Baekhyun nods knowingly. "Oh, right. I forgot."

 

"What's up?" Sehun asks.

 

Baekhyun looks behind him before making his way to Sehun quickly. He grabs the boy’s hands tightly, a grim and serious look on his face. "Sehun, you need to promise me something."

 

Kai raises a brow and stands beside them, his arms crossed. Sehun feels nervous.

"Okay?" He says slowly.

 

"Please, please! Do NOT have a repeat of summer," Baekhyun says, looking to his eyes. "Please, whatever you do- don't do that again, okay?"

 

Sehun looks into his eyes with confusion, opening his mouth to say something. "Sehuna." Sehun's chest tightens and his stomach knots up. He slowly stands up and looks at the doorway. A familiar figure stood there with his arms crossed.

 

"T-t-t..." Sehun stutters, wanting to run to him. Another part of him, however, wants to run away. Far, far away. "Tao."

 

----------------------------------