Kai: Finale

Deliquent

                                                  Kai

"Are those all the boxes?" Taemin asks as he looks around the room, putting his hands on his hips.

 

“I think so,” Suho nods as he looks around the room. He glances at Baekhyun and Chanyeol as they enter, followed by Jonghyun. “That’s the rest?”

 

Jonghyun grunts as he sets a heavy box down, followed by a lighter one on top of it. “Yup, aside from Kai’s ego- thanks for helping with the boxes, asshat.”

 

Kai clicks his tongue. “No, I was busy...being up here!”

 

Sehun walks in, his arms full with things. He gasps and smiles widely. “Wow, this isn't so bad!" Sehun exclaims, seeming happy. "I was expecting a small, dank little place."

 

“Look, Jongin, even Sehun carried some boxes,” Suho points out. Rolling his eyes, he takes the boxes from the bys and sets them on a nearby desk.

 

"Yeah, it's not bad," Taemin agrees. "I'm really proud of you two, you know."

 

Kai groans. "Oh, here we go."

 

"Jongin, you got into COLLEGE," Taemin says, grabbing him by his shoulders. "That's huge!"

 

"It is?" Kai scoffs.

 

"Oh my gosh, Jongin! Yes!" Taemin squeezes Jongin tightly, sniffling dramatically. "I won't have to bail out of police stations, or...or...stop you from getting into fights!"

 

Kai smirks and chuckles. "Plenty of people to punch here too sure."

 

"Self defense only!" Sehun calls out from their bathroom.

 

Kai once again rolls his eyes, stepping away when Taemin finally lets him go.

 

Suho lets out a sigh and puts his hands on his hip. “We should all getting going, leave these lovebirds to unpack.”

 

Baekhyun hops off the window sill. “Time to break in the bed, huh?” He winks, causing Suho to reach over and smack his arm.

 

Taemin sighs happily. "Jonghyun and I have to go too. But we're going back to visit when you two are all moved in, alright? I promise! We’ll bring sushi!"

 

"You don't have to promise, Taemin," Jonghyun laughs. "Jongin and Sehun know you're gonna be up their asses.”

 

"I’m just worried!"

 

"Like a new mother," Jonghyun sighs and wraps an arm around Taemin's shoulder, pulling him close. "We're leaving now.” All of the boys wave before leaving one at a time.

 

“Call me! Text me!” Taemin shouts before he’s out the door completely. Jonghyun smiles apologetically, shutting the door behind them.

 

Kai shakes his head and huffs, looking around the room. He looks over, smiling when Sehun comes out and looks out the window. He goes to him, wrapping his arm around his boyfriend’s waist. "Tell me again why I let you convince me to move here?"

 

Sehun hums happily. "Actually, you brought it up first."

 

"I call bull."

 

Sehun turns to face him, raising a brow. "You can call bull all you want," He says. "It still doesn't change the fact that we're here and you like it."

 

Kai looks out the window now, as Sehun had down before, staring down at the campus below. He swallows hard, trying to push away any anxious feelings he had. "High school was ty enough..."

 

"This'll be better, Jongin," Sehun whispers. "I promise."

 

The last past few years have been complete and utter . Of course, it had improved after he met Sehun. But some of it still . His father got heartbroken again, He came close to becoming the boy’s stepbrother. Nobody should ever get him started on the whole Sehun getting bullied incident. It stopped afterward and Kai has no damn regrets about it; maybe he should have killed them but he figures the jail time isn’t worth it. “What about Tao’s stupid wedding? You ready for that?”

 

Sehun sighs and slowly nods. "You'll be there, so i'll be fine."

 

"Are you sure? We can still-"

 

"Jongin, we both need this," Sehun cuts him off. "We need to get over it."

 

"I just..." Kai rests his forehead again Sehun's. "I get mad thinking about how he ing hurt you."

 

"Well, think about it like this," Sehun begins. "Tao will see both of us together, happy. Best revenge."

 

Kai thinks about it for a moment. "Yeah, that does sound good, actually. Man, can you believe he didn't believe we were boyfriends?!"

 

"We weren't," Sehun laughs.."

 

"But if he was your friend, he should have-"

 

"Jongin," Sehun interrupts. "Let's enjoy ourselves this year." He grabs his hand and pulls him over to the bed. He turns him around and pushes the punk down before straddling him. Kai stares up at him in shock. He shouldn't be surprised; he always knew Sehun had this kind of side to him. From their first night and every night in between. They've shared moments like this. And as Jongin strangely wanted, they even experimented in a car. Well, his dad's car; not that he'd ever tell him. Sehun bites his lip. "Homework, classes," Sehun lists off. "Partying, clubbing.”

 

Jongin grabs Sehun's hips and scoffs. "You? Partying?"

 

"I've been to a few parties with Tao, you know,” He pauses and slowly grins. “Maybe you could get  a car and I’ll help you break it in.”

 

“See? I always knew you were a freak,” Kai points out.

 

Sehun smacks him in the arm. "Shut up, you idiot."

 

 

Kai smiles up at his boyfriend, gently rubbing his arms. He wonders where he’d be if he hadn’t met Sehun. He would have eventually, of course, when his father married his mother. They would have continued to hate each other as step-brothers; both possibly being moved away from all their friends. Both moved to another school and ditch again for the whole year. Sehun would have stayed a mindless, little puppet for his mother; possibly go to college for something dumb like real estate. Kai doesn’t think real estate is dumb but it is for his boyfriend. Sehun technically found Kai first, of course. But either way, it feels refreshing being with him. He’s not boring, or plain but he’s not too wild; a strange little package of imperfect perfection. A stupid pale, adorable dancing package.

 

Kai brings his hand up to Sehun’s cheek. He pulls him down and smiles. He can be cliche and say Sehun had been his ‘guardian angel’ and helped him with his ‘redemption’. As dumb as it sounds, it’s extremely close to the truth. He plunged his slender hands into his chest and grabbed hold of his heart; pumping life and love back into it. Every time they kiss, touch, his boring and grey world paints with colors.

 

Kai suddenly wants to slap himself for how stupidly poetic he’s being. He kisses Sehun softly, his chest and heart feels overwhelmed with happiness. He’s not used to feeling this way; wanting to protect someone this fiercely, wanting to scream how much he loves this little idiot to anyone who’d listen. He didn’t even feel this way about Krystal. It feels like Sehun attached strings to his stupid heart and constantly pulls at them. Even when he doesn’t even try, even when Kai is just watching him. He wants to punch anyone who ever hurt Sehun in the past, leaving a damn permanent mark on their faces like they left a mark on him. He swallows hard as Sehun runs his hands through Kai’s blonde hair, seeming to be talking about nonsense. He smiles, watching his eyes as they light up with passion. The same eyes that had once been painted over with an overwhelming sadness. But now they’re warm, tender, kind. Kai lets out a sigh. Love.

 

Kai takes Sehun’s hand, lacing their fingers together perfectly. He his lips and watches him carefully. “Nosebleed,” he says softly, getting the boy’s attention. He brings his hand to his boyfriend’s cheek and smiles. His chest pulls tightly and his stomach feels heavy. He wraps his other arm around his waist and pulls him close. He gently kisses his cheek before bringing his lips to his ear, whispering three words he never thought he’d ever say again; not since the day, his mother died. Words that are the most honest words he had ever said, in his whole life.  “Sehun,” He murmurs. “I love you.”

 

Sehun stares up at him, his eyes wide. “H-huh?”

 

Kai slowly smiles. “Come on, crybaby, don’t me repeat it.”

 

“W-well, maybe I want to hear it again,” He whispers.

 

Kai purses his lips and sits up. “You know what? I think we have a lot of unpacking to do.”

 

Sehun gasps, sitting up as well. “No!”

 

“Yeah, I’m thinking we should start with the bathroom; can you believe we got our own bathroom?”

 

“Uh uh!” Sehun watches as Kai gets off the bed and stretches.

 

“Uh huh, come on, babe,” The punk says as he pulls Sehun up. “Unpacking time!”

 

“You are literally the worst.”

 

Kai shrugs, smirking. “That’s probably true.”

-----------------------

Coming out with the epilogue soon~