Kai: Tutor

Deliquent

 

                               Kai

 

Kai crosses his arms and glares at the teacher. She had pulled him in after class, to his dismay, to talk about giving him some stupid tutor. He already agreed to start doing his ing homework, now they want him to do this . "I don't need a damn tutor!" he shouts.

 

"Obviously, you do," Kai's teacher says, staring at him firmly. "And I know the perfect person."

 

"Who?!"

 

"He's patient, kind, and...well, you can't bribe him."

 

Kai groans and slumps into a chair. "This ing ."

 

"Language," His teacher says. Kai glares up at her.

 

"My bad," He says before switching to Chinese and repeating what he had said. "That good for you? I could say it in English too."

 

His teacher pinches the bridge of her nose, probably feeling on a headache. Kai leans back, feeling proud of himself. "This is going to be a long year."

 

Kai snickers but quickly shuts up when the door opens and a boy steps in. The blonde looks around timidly, smiling when he spots the teacher. Kai squints, wondering where he’s seen him before. And then it hits him; that boy late at night and the one he knocked over earlier. Except r this time, he doesn’t have any glasses on. Kai crosses his arms and leans against his desk.

 

"Teacher, you asked for me?”

 

"Sehun!" She motions him over. "Thank goodness."

 

This little better not be my "tutor". Kai stands up and goes to the window, looking at the teacher as he pulls his cigarettes out. “Mind if I smoke?”

 

The teacher gently pulls Sehun along and stomps over beside Kai. He smirks and searches for his lighter.

 

"You smoke here and I'll flunk you on the spot." Kai frowns when she snatches the cancer-stick between his lips. "This is Oh Sehun."

 

"Whatever"

 

"Your tutor."

 

" that."

 

Sehun just smiles patiently. "It's nice to meet you, Jongin."

 

"Kai! it's Kai!"

 

"Like the comic book character?"

 

Kai stares at him, surprised he actually got the reference. Of course, a nerd like him would get a comic reference though. "You're not tutoring me."

 

"Yes, he is."

 

"No, he's not."

 

The teacher sighs in frustration. "If this were a beautiful female student, would you agree?”

 

"Yes," Kai says. "I would."

 

"Well, too bad!" She says, motioning towards Sehun. "Sehun will tutor you and you will like it or I'll fail you."

 

"Yes, ma'am!" Kai salutes in a sarcasm manor.

 

"That's the spirit!" Sehun says. Kai looks at him and glares. He isn’t sure if the kid is being sarcastic or not but he has to be; no one is this excited about learning.

 

"Don't get smart with me, blondie."

 

"I wouldn't dream of it," He said. "I'll use short, simple words- just for you.”

 

Kai turns his full body to face the boy.  "What’d you say, you little ?!" Kai hates the way Sehun stands his ground. He hates it, but he respects it...kind of. When all the nerd does is give him a smile, he decides it’s not worth punching the guy. " you- I'm not doing this," Kai sneers, grabbing his bag and heading to the door.

 

"You’re in luck, Jongin," Sehun calls from behind. Kai stops and looks at him. "I hear men in prison like pretty, tan brunette boys." Sehun a brow and it pisses Kai off.

 

"This ing ," He growls and says in Chinese.

 

"I agree," Sehun responds in the same language. He Seems to speak it very fluently, which surprised Kai, again. "I'd like to get started as soon as possible- let's go to my house.”

 

"No."

 

"Oh, do you prefer the library?" Sehun asks. "Where everyone can see the big bad wolf reading a book on biology and history?"

 

Kai slams the door open. "Let's go," He mumbles, making his way out into the hall.

 

Sehun stops at the door and bows to the teacher "I'm sorry, please excuse us."

 

Kai rolls his eyes and stuffs his hands into his pockets, letting Sehun leads the way. "Let's make one thing clear, Blondie," Kai says. "I don't care about this and I don't care about you."

 

"I'm devastated," Sehun retorts, a false sadness in his voice. "Please, keep me informed if that changes." The comeback actually makes Kai chuckles a bit. The nerd stops at his locker, not bothering to try and hide the combo. Kai isn’t paying attention anyway. If he wants to get into a locker, he had his ways.

 

"Seems like you have a lot of friends,” Kai points out.

 

"I guess so."

 

"You guess so?"

 

Sehun grabs a couple of books and stuffs them into his backpack. Kai notices a couple of pictures taped on the inside of the locker door. A couple of them were groups photos, all of Sehun with the boys he had seen earlier. There’s one that catches his eye. In the photo, Sehun's hair was brown and longer, shaggier. He's being held by a large, tan man with blonde hair and a smile. The man in the photo looked like a rock star; with his thin eyeliner, an array of rings and bracelets. Unlike the other ones, Sehun seems to have real happiness with this man; not fake and forced. "Your blonde doesn't suit you."

 

"What?" Sehun looks at the photo Kai points to. "Really?" Sehun closes the locker door after hauling his bag over his shoulder. It sounds a lot heavier than before. "It doesn't matter- my mother prefers it this way."

 

"What, you her slave or somethin'?" Kai snorts and follows the boy when he walks off and outside. "That sounds annoying as hell."

 

"It is what it is," Sehun shrugged. "Let's just focus on study."

 

"Oh, that sounds fun," Kai mumbles. "I just can’t wait.”


 

Kai barely pays any attention to Sehun as they walk. Both of them just stare straight ahead, not bothering to make conversation. He wouldn't even be stuck with this idiot if it wasn't for his father and his rich, snobby girlfriend. He hasn't even met her yet- not that he gives two s. Both of them can go themselves for all he cared. He knows it’s been two years but he doesn’t understand why his father needs to move on. He misses his mother, but he never shows it, nor does he ever talk to anyone about it. Taemin knows but he doesn’t bring it up and Kai’s thankful for that. It's people like Sehun that piss Kai off- taking their parents for granted. This kid should be lucky to have parents who actually give a damn about him. Who buys him nice, expensive clothes. Ungrateful little bastard.

----------------------

Teacher: you're getting tutored

Kai: no u

Sehun: lol good luck in prison

Kai: