Chapter XX: Public

A Fresh Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[UNOFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: THE POWERFUL GYOON COUPLE'S DATING TIMELINE]

Here it is folks! We present you with the timeline that you've all been waiting for.

No one saw it coming when photos and interactions of Big Bang's G-Dragon and SNSD's Im Yoona started surfacing in the internet. We were in for a surprise. This is exactly the power couple we never knew we needed. When did it start? What has happened? Find out here.

 

The famous Lisbon fashion show sighting!

The two stars aren't strangers before the news began pouring in. They were once sighted attending a fashion show in Portugal sitting next to each other and even conversing. They were the only Korean stars present for the show and Yoona had once said in a variety show that GD was kind enough to take care of her by introducing her to people he knows at the show.

Maldives outing.

Just about five years ago, the two idols are among those who were in the photo that many had reposted wherein several idols from different groups went to Maldives together for a holiday vacation. It is rumored though that G-Dragon was dating another Hallyu star back then, Lee Jooyeon. After this sighting, they were not seen together for another four years.

DARAGON is out! DARAYOONG is in! 

Four years later, the news of DaraGon hit the internet when the two were spotted arriving in YG together, coming out of GD's luxury Aventador. Though their company did not release any confirmation nor denial regarding the two, it marks the time Dara started posting photos of her and Girls' Generation Yoona together. It turns out that they were best of friends as they had already traveled the world together and even spent holidays with each other. Before this, we only knew them to be both members of a 'secret idol club' as Dara always joke about.

The Dara-Min Ho engagement announcement photo

Just two weeks after the DaraGon news, Lee Min Ho and Park Sandara announced to the public their upcoming nuptials. DaraGon hearts are broken but GD seems to be smiling happily on the photo Dara posted from her engagement party. Who is GD sitting next to? Why our Nation's visual -- Im Yoona!

The YG's adopted idol, Y to the A!

Yoona's closeness with YG idols doesn't seem to stop with Dara as Big Bang's Taeyang posted a photo of them eating out with Hyorin, GD, CL, Daesung and Bom. CL also posted a story with Yoona and calling the SNSD member, Y.A.. This led to fans dubbing Yoona as YG's adopted idol.

SNSD's comeback

After years of going by without the OG girl group, SNSD finally released a full album which featured all NINE members. To the surprise of everyone, Tiffany posted a photo of a congratulatory flower wreath and cake that was sent for them thanking G-Dragon for it. Our eye-smile queen slyly tagged Yoona on the photo just right on the heart shaped cake decoration which led to more speculations by the fans.

Let's not forget when SNSD's reality show came out and Yoona's unnis sometimes would with 'get your crayon', 'swag check' and suggesting she change her hair color to a bright one since it seems to work for 'someone else'.

Also a few months after at SNSD's first concert in Seoul, a lot of idols showed up in support and including in that list was TOP and GD of Big Bang who were even carrying pink lightsticks.

GD's painting and caption on instagram

One post. That was all it takes for fans to take it as a confirmation that something was going on with the two. G-Dragon posted a painting he crafted of a girl lying on the sand with sunglasses on and a very familiar outfit. To add to the clue, his caption was 'In this summer night, only the heat remains in my heart.' Familiar? That's because it was a lyric from Yoona's solo 'Summer Night'. The outfit on the painting was also something that Yoona wore on the MV.

 

Enjoyed a walk in the beach

Whilst SNSD was busy with their comeback promotions, the two were still spotted walking on the beach on October 1st carrying three bouquet of flowers. According to those who saw the couple, they just sat on the shore for two hours with a respectful distance between them,and then they buried the flowers on the sand before leaving.

GOLDEN-HEARTED KING AND QUEEN

Since the start of their careers, Yoona and G-Dragon are known generous givers to charitable causes. Individually, they have been giving to UNICEF and other non-profit organizations. This time, the two were with the engaged couple Min Ho and Dara overseas helping paint houses for the less fortunate. Dara posted a photo on her instagram that the fans went nuts for.

THE LEAKED SONG

My guess is if you haven't known about the two, you would have through the leaked Deoksugung Stonewall Walkway version wherein G-Dragon sang the male parts and even rapped in. It is unknown who leaked the song with YG and SM remaining mum about the matter. 

At this point a lot were already convinced that they were closer than anyone thought. Fans were already accepting the fact that the two might be together and had been admitting that they look good together and compliments each other. 

​​​​​​​​From eight to nine, zero to one.

This is the nail to the coffin. The way millenials make their relationship 'social media' official. Fans had noticed that Yoona, who only follows her eight SNSD members, is now following another account, xxxibgdrgn. G-Dragon's public account also went from zero following to one, lim_yoona. Interestingly, under Yoona's followers is also peaceminusone, GD's private instagram account.

 

All we need actually need now is the official confirmation between the companies. Given how YG and SM are handling their older idols though, we don't expect much. Keep focusing on your rookies, why don't you? GD and Yoona had given us all the confirmation we need.

 

 

"What's a pretty thing like you doing in a place like this alone?" a voice made Yoona look up from her instagram browsing. Someone has sat beside her at her table.

She faked a sweet smile before looking down again on her phone. 

"Want to have a drink with me, Miss?" the man persisted, leaning in to her. 

Yoona didn't bother looking at the man this time. She just said in an disinterested voice, "I have children." 

The man lightly slammed a hand on the table. "Ya, Im Yoona! You can't just say that!" 

Kwon Jiyong shot an annoyed look at her, dropping the act of being an unknown stranger. 

"You directly say you have kids! Why can't you say you have  a boyfriend instead? Or better yet say that you're G-Dragon's girlfriend!" 

Yoona laughed. "Mianhae, oppa. No one actually comes to talk to me when I wait in restaurants like these. Even though I don't say I'm G-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter