Chapter X: Scared Part 1

A Fresh Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoona umma!" A kid roughly the age of three came out of Jiyong's room started running towards Yoona. 

"UMMA?!"

Yoona's eyebrows furrowed as if in a large dilemma. "A-annyeonhaseyo, Jiyong-ssi. It's been a long time."

 

Yoona brushed her hands together as she sits across GD on the Kwon's garden patio.

Mrs. Kwon prepared tea for the both of them after assuring Yoona that she'll make sure that the little boy would take his afternoon nap.

This was it then. The moment of truth. 

She took a peak at him and saw that his eyes were narrowed. He just lit up his second cigarette after they sat down. 

She doesn't know what he's thinking. Or what exactly he knows. But surely, seeing your ex.. erm.. ex-lover(?) at your parents' house picking up children would raise some questions.

Ten minutes later, the tea is now cold and it's Jiyong's fourth cigarette in a row. Yoona couldn't take the silence anymore.

"Okay, I know this is confusing..." she started.

"You think?" Yoona's shoulders slumped at the sharp tone Jiyong just used. "What the hell happened to us? I mean, three years ago we were--and then you disappeared and I find you here with my parents--"

She bit the inside of . "Meeting your parents here is purely accidental, I swear!"

"--and now you have a child who is what roughly the same age when you disappeared on us--"

"Children.. actually.." she muttered under her breath as Jiyong continues his rant.

"--I thought that we were going to fix this. I was fixing it. And then you were just gone by the time I woke up that afternoon. Dara told me you came back early for a schedule but you blocked me-- BLOCKED me and no one tells me anything about you anymore."

She looked away. "It's a long story."

"Well, I'm here for another day or two."

Fine, Yoona thought. She knew sooner or later this would come out because how do you actually avoid the elephant in the room.

Jiyong sat straight. "One thing first.. H-how old is that kid?"

"Joon's turning four next month. Don't worry.. he's not.. he's not yours."

There was a slight change in Jiyong's expression. "Oh."

"Right.. So.. three years ago.."

 

Not even half an hour after Jiyong left, someone was knocking at Yoona's door.

"You.."

"Yoona-ssi." Jooyeon gave her a tight-lipped smile. "Jiyong sure looked beat when he came back to our room."

Yoona's color drained from her face and suddenly she felt cold. 

"Walk with me outside?"

Can you actually say no to the girlfriend of the man you're cheating with? Yoona grabbed her jacket and followed Jooyeon outside.

"Did you know how I met Jiyong?" Jooyeon asked. 

Yoona bit her tongue because all she wanted to say right now is that she doesn't care to hear it.  She got the gist of it when she and Jiyong first became friends. Nevertheless, she shook her head.

"A sunbae introduced me to him knowing that I was a big fan. We bonded over art." She smiled as they continued to walk on the shore. "Of course, I was not as good as him. Nobody ever is. And I guess it just developed from there. We were both wild spirits. Took trips a lot."

"You two has always looked great together." Yoona commented.

"But compared to his popularity, mine seems non-existent. We fought a lot about his career, I never really understood. So I tried to climb the ladder of success.. with the news that I was Jiyong's girlfriend, I actually got jobs and it took me all over Japan, Hong Kong even the States. I got busy. Then out of nowhere, he told me he's meeting you in a fashion show in Portugal."

"Jooyeon-ssi." Yoona stopped walking and so did Jooyeon. 

"I was glad at first. I mean, your break up with LSG as all over the media. It must have been hard. When Jiyong and I talked, he would mention you. He got you to a club. He hosted a party for you. Yoona this. Yoona that." Jooyeon laughed mirthlessly. Yoona froze."All of a sudden, he just stopped talking about you. Well.. we just talked less and less actually. But he was happier. The few minutes I got to talk to him everyday, he's got this look on him that I've never seen before. We'll say g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter