Chapter XI: Scared Part II

A Fresh Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong spaced out. It was probably too much information to process.

Then he started pacing. Slowly at first and then faster. 

Yoona was pregnant? Huh. Now that he thinks about it, her body seems fuller now than it was before. Her s were larger and her hips was wider. She didn't look fragile like she did before. Definitely more y and appealing.  Motherhood actually made her look more attractive in Jiyong's eyes.

And she was back to above-the-shoulder hair which takes him way back to 2009. Has it been that many years already?

Wait, he needs to focus. Twins. TWINS! He's a father now. And he has twins. A boy and a girl.

"I-I never meant to keep it a secret from you." He heard her say, barely audible.

That made him stop the pacing. Three years. Three years of his twins' life that he wasn't a part of. What had he missed? He gripped the chair.  "Then why did you?"

"What?" Her expression suddenly changed. Her eyes were squinted. "Don't make me the bad guy here. I went to you. You won't listen to me."

It hit him like a splash of cold water. Does she mean that day? No... because if it does, then he has no business being on a high horse. It would mean not being a part of his children's life was his fault.  "N-no..."

Yoona pointed a finger at him. "You had me thrown out of YG building, you jerk!"

 

Yoona decided to visit an OB doctor while in San Francisco. She thought it was silly to be worried about something that could have been false positive. But the trip to the doctor only confirmed what they already knew. She was two months pregnant.

She convinced Dara and Min Ho to continue their travels without her as she would need time to think. The couple were adamant in staying. So they stayed in San Francisco for another week.

With the help of her friends, Yoona decided she needs to come home to Korea to inform SM. It was their decision if they would want her to even come back to the company after this. Dara and Min Ho came home with her.

Then the spam messages from Dara started. Every hour of the everyday, Dara would send her messages and photos convincing her to tell the father of this pregnancy.

It took five days for Yoona to finally be frustrated about the messages.

"Yoboseyo?" Dara answered her call.

"Unnie.. Can you please.. please stop sending me photos of Jiyong every freaking hour?" Yoona pinched the bridge of her noise while trying to remain calm.

"Will you promise to tell him?" 

"I can't.. You know what Jooyeon-ssi said. I can't risk it."

"Then it's a good thing I got news from a reliable source that they've broken up..."

Yoona stilled. It was 30 seconds of silence between the two idols. "Are you sure?"

"Yoona, I've always been on your team but you know I'm right on this one. Go and tell him. He has a right to know."

The next day.. Yoona came to Jiyong's condo and rang the doorbell. She knew she can't delay it any longer. The moment her body starts showing, she needs to keep hidden from the media so she planned on getting back to San Francisco and rent a place there.

The door opened slightly and a woman peaked outside. "Hi, can I help you?"

Yoona's eyebrows creased and her grip on her handbag tightened. "This.. this is G-Dragon's condo, right?"

Could she be wrong? She has only been in his condo a few times but she wasn't that stupid that she would get the floor and room number wrong.

The woman who was inside the condo wasn't Korean for sure. She has bangs and a black, shoulder-length hair. She has no make-up on and was.. only wearing a robe?

"Uhh.. yeah." The woman answered.

"Can I talk to him, please?"

The woman looked at her up and down before saying, "Let me ask him real quick."

Yoona bit her lip as she waited. Maybe this was a mistake. Maybe she shouldn't have come here at all. But then.. her hand reached for her stomach. She needs to atleast try. For her baby.

The door then opened slighlty again and the woman gave her a sad smile. "Sorry, he doesn't want to talk to you."

"Tell him it's Im Yoona."

"He knows. He doesn't want to talk."

"Oh." Yoona lowered her head. "I see. T-thanks."

 

Jiyong was confused. Is she making this up?

"A woman? In my condo?"

Yoona rolled her eyes. "I don't know how many girls you've been with that you don't remember." She then described the girl to him.

"Kiko?"

Yoona's eyes widened at the realization. "Kiko Mizuhara? Your ex?" 

Why is this the first time he's hearing about Kiko's encounter with Yoona? "I never knew that. I wasn't even home that time."

When Kiko contacted him that she was in Seoul, she asked if she could stay at his place instead. She was only there for a day and thought it would be impractical to rent a hotel room when her ex-boyfriend owns a condo right in the middle of Seoul. So he agreed since he won't be home anyway as he was working with the younger KPOP groups in YG for their album preparations at the time.

Yoona didn't seem to believe him though. "What you do in your own time is your own business. I just thought that after your break up with Jooyeon maybe you'd---" She bit her lip. "Nevermind."

What was she going to say?

"So then.. I told Dara unni about it.. I already booked a flight back to San Francisco. She told me that I should try one more time. At least manage to talk to you face-to-face."

 

"Oppa!" Lisa entered his studio after knocking. "Look who I found wandering in the lobby!"

Yoona entered his studio giving him a tentative glance. Lisa maybe read the tension in the room so she excused herself.

"What are you doing here?" Jiyong asked coldly.

"I need to speak with you."

He ran a hand through his hair and chuckled bitterly. He has been awake for 72 hours. He would admit he smoked some weed. He was working on a song and he was already frustrated before Yoona even came in. "So after two months of absolute nothing.. you decided to show your face to me?"

"I wouldn't be here if--"

"I thought you were a good person."

That took Yoona by surprise. "Huh?"

He should stop talking now. The allegations were beyond ridiculous but somehow he couldn't stop his stupid mouth from moving. "Threatening to ruin Jooyeon's reputation? Is that how much you want us to work?"

"J-jiyong-ssi! That's not--"

He raised a hand. "She's worked so hard to become who she is. I know you probably had forgotten that feeling because everything gets thrown your way nowadays."

"You stop talking right now!"

"You twisted me up good, Yoona. To think I was willing to do anything for you." He scoffed at her.

Yoona laughed. "Really? Do you really believe that about me?"

He couldn't answer. He could see the tears threatening to fall from her eyes. He did that. He hurt her. "Just get out."

"I have something to say first."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter