Chapter XIX: Trouble

A Fresh Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sorry for bothering you, man. I know you and Yoona had just gotten back together." Min Ho apologized, dragging their bags into the house.

"Nah, don't worry about it. You and noona had been a big help for Yoona and the twins. You're welcome here anytime." Jiyong said, helping with some of the bags. "Besides, the twins are beyond thrilled about Joon sleeping over for a few weeks."

The building Dara and Min Ho are living in are currently under repair due to mold infestation. Unable to stay in a hotel due to the secrecy of their relationship, Yoona and Jiyong was more than happy to offer to let them stay while the repairs are on going. 

Three days later...

"Wow Ji, you're not burning the eggs and bacon! Yoona must really be a good cooking teacher!" Dara complimented the chef, smelling the breakfast all the way from the hallway.

"Give me some credit, noona. I can do more complicated recipes now." Jiyong boasted, skillfully flipping the eggs.

Min Ho just shook his head, placing his coffee back on the table and kissing Dara's cheek. "I'm going to go wake up the kids."

Dara checked her phone as she sat down and groaned. "Aish, manager oppa is running late! I have an important meeting in the HQ today."

"Oppa's heading there too, aren't you Ji?" Yoona asked for confirmation as she handed Dara her coffee. Dara thanked her.

"Yeah, I got some stuff I need to sign there. Let's just ride together."

"Jinjja? You're a lifesaver. Don't forget the dinner tonight, okay?" The 2NE1 member pointed at the two of them. "You have to be there and don't be late!"

"Thank you all for coming tonight," Min Ho started. "I know most of you all are busy."

"Busy with schedules or busy with hiding from everyone." Dara looked straight at TOP, Bom, Daesung and Seungri.

Young Bae and Hyorin weren't able to join them as they were taking care of their newborn baby but they were present through live video call held by Seungri.

"We have an announcement to make." Min Ho declared. "As some of you may know, our place got infested by mold. It was an eye opening experience for us."

"Because of molds?" Bom asked, a little dumbfounded.

Dara chuckled. "Well, kind of. We realized how hard it was since we can't even go to a hotel for fear of being exposed. Especially with Joon."

"We've already talked to our parents and companies. Joon also understood what's happening." Min Ho smiled. "Guys,"

"WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!" 

The table errupted with cheers and congratulations.

[G-DRAGON & 2NE1'S DARA CAUGHT TOGETHER ARRIVING IN YG]

The four adults browse the news on their phones, nursing their incoming headaches with coffee at four in the morning. The bosses wanted all four of them in a meeting at six sharp.

"Well, we're ed." Jiyong deadpanned.

Yoona nodded sleepily, trying to remain awake. 

Min Ho and Dara exchanged a look that just resonates with Jiyong's statement.

Normally, news of GD and Dara are ignored in the company. It's old news. Old rumors. They just laugh them off. But with Dara and Min Ho's nuptial announcement coming soon, they needed to fix this to preserve the image of the idols.

"We are avoiding any news of infidelity or a bad reputation for Dara." Yang Hyun Suk stated.

It was almost comical that Yoona and Jiyong would find themselves facing their bosses in a closed door meeting. It made them feel rookies again caught by their bosses in a scandal.

"I don't understand why Yoona's here too. And Soo Man sajangnim." Jiyong observed. "If it's the issue between Dara and me, then why are they here?"

The SM boss cleared his throad. "We understand that you two are now dating.. In addition to living together and having children.."

The two idols looked at each other, a bit amused.

"Sajangnim, please don't tell us this is about a dating ban? Because it's kind of too late. As you said, we have children." Yoona wondered what she's here for too.

"Dating ban?" The two bosses laughed. "Dating bans are the thing of the past."

YG frowned. "Not sure if that's a good thing yet."

Jiyong was still confused. "Hyung, what does that have to do with the issue?"

"We just want to let the public know that Dara isn't dating you and then marrying Min Ho. Because you're already dating Yoona."

Yoona did a double take. "Sorry? You want us to go public?"

The bosses nodded. "Yes but not quite."

Soo Man added, "SNSD will make a comeback soon. We cannot really risk announcing your relationship together--"

"But you want us to be seen together." Jiyong finished. Of course, the classic misdirect.

"After SNSD's promotions, that's when we'll announce."

The two were silent. Not sure how to react. They haven't really been comfortable with the public knowing since both their fanbases are known to be opinionated.

YG sighed. "Look, it's not like we're asking you two to flaunt your relationship. You did it before.. dinners with friends and all. Just enough to spark some rumors between the two of you and away from Dara."

"You are in the marrying age anyway. This will help you transition to it when the time comes. Besides, you are two of the most famous Hallyu stars in the world. Imagine what this would do to your hoobaes. They'll have more liberty on their personal relationships."

YG put both hands under his chin. "Everyone will help make this an easy process."

They nodded obediently to the bosses. They might have been coaxing them gently into the plan but both of them knew they really can't do anything about it.

Four SNSD members entered the room with a bad mood. They slumped down the chairs waiting for the meeting to start in an hour. 

They're meeting with some of their staffs to finalize details about the album.

Jessica was on a call at the corner of the room, trying to manage Blanc and Eclare all the way here in Seoul. "Just put the project on hold, I'll be back this weekend to fix this."

She returned to the round table where the rest were sitting. She noticed Sooyoung, Tiffany, Yoona and Sunny pouting away. 

"What happened? Didn't you have that talk show filming today?"

Sooyoung sighed. "We messed it up."

"Someone can't stop running ." Sunny glared at Tiffany.

"How is it my fault?! They're trying to badmouth Taeyeonnie!"

Taeyeon who has her sketchpad out and was d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter