Chapter VII: Reality

A Fresh Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona's POV

I was stirred awake by the soft sounds of brush on a canvas. For a second there, I forgot where I was until I caught a whiff of cigarette smoke in the air. 

Ahh, Jiyong's place. It's been five months since we've been sneaking around and I've only been here at his condo for about two to three times. We only stay here when Jiyong oppa is 1000% sure that she is out of the country. Otherwise, we risk getting caught. 

I don't think our friends are catching on what we're doing except for Dara unnie. Since our guesting together, I think she knows what Ji and I have been up to. 

I've only seen Jooyeon in passing in one of the circle's parties. GD wasn't there and she was talking to her group mates. I think I only stayed for 30 minutes that night and left. 

Have you ever felt like time is running out? There's no finite date as to when but it just feels like it is. Or perhaps this is how it feels when your conscience is catching up to you. 

'It's wrong', 'This is not what both of you deserve', 'You're only hurting yourselves'. I hear it at the back of my mind and trust me, I want to act on it and just stop this crazy affair. 

But boy, when he looks at me. When we're out with friends and we just happen to glance at each other at the same time and he'll wink. Or sometimes he'd point to the restroom where we'll have a quickie. 

I want to stop. But then he'll touch me. He'll whisper my name. He'll hit all the right places. And I'm warped back to him. 

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. He has a lamp open, he was sitting at the edge, just where the bright moonlight hits the room. Wearing only his sweatpants and an apron, he was lazily painting on one hand and a holding a cigarette on the other. 

Was there a lifetime waiting for us in a world where I was yours?
Paper planes and porcelain
Smell of rain through the window pane
And the sight of you
Oh, you were a good dream

He looked to the bed and saw me looking at him. "Hey, sorry. Did I wake you?"

"It's okay. What are you working on?" 

He puts out the cigarette on the ashtray and grinned. "Come see." 

I made my way to him and he pulled me to his lap. In the last few months, my favorite chair has been his lap. He wrapped an arm around my waist and gave me a kiss on my shoulder. 

I looked at the canvas and gasped. 

First of all, I just want to make an appeal to God. How is it fair that this man is a singer, dancer, songwriter, music producer, entrepreneur and now even a painter?  I also want to ask, God, why isn't this man mine? 

Second, Kwon Jiyong is mad talented. 

I gripped his hand and faced him with a surprised expression. 

"You like it?" 

It was a portrait of me. Me. I HAVE A PORTRAIT. MADE. BY. G FREAKING DRAGON. The painting was like a vector art but without your face details. My hair was short and golden brown compared to the long and black hair that I am sporting these days. I was wearing a uniform. This is me Genie era. 

"Oppa. Did you really made this for me?" 

He pulled me in for a kiss. It was slow and sensual, like he was trying to convey what he wants to say through this kiss. 

When we pulled away, I was almost ready to ride him then and there. 

"You may have heard of the silly crush I had for you in the early years... I think it was during your Genie promotion that I became your fanboy." 

"Omo, that's so cute, oppa. Gomawo." I hugged him and stayed like that for a minute or so. 

I wanted to say more. I wish I could say more. 

This thing between us. It started as two adults wanting each other. Heated interactions, moans and s. That was it. But somewhere in that five months, it began to become more. And I don't know where we go from here. 

Maybe.. maybe.. some words should be said to spark change. Maybe I'm willing to take the risk.

"Jiyong oppa..." I looked deep in his eyes. He looked back at me expectantly. Could I say it? "I--"

His phone rang. He fished it from his pocket and I was able to see the caller ID before he gently pushed me up from his lap and crossed the room to answer the call.

He talked on the phone for a few seconds before he hung up and turned to me, "That was Teddy hyung. They need me in the studio."

My heart sank. I don't see why he had to lie. At least he did me the courtesy of not lying while looking at me. I managed to fake a smile. "I should go."

"I'll send you back. I have time. Next time I visit your place, I hope that I'll see this." He gestured at the painting.

I just nodded.

I was scared to lose you then
But secrets turn into regrets
Buried feelings grow
Oh, you were a good dream

Yoona saw him again after a week during a dinner with their friends. Dara was there as well as Tiffany, Young Bae and Hyorin.

"Did the bosses chew you out for the guesting we did?" Dara asked. She sitted next to Yoona. "My boss barely even remembered I did the show."

Yoona snorted. "Yeah, right. They wish I actually have someone I can announce to the fans. I think we should actually be glad they're not interfering with our personal lives anymore."

"Unless we got caught in a scandal or marry under the radar." Tifanny chimed in.

"Or rumors about changing companies." Young Bae added.

Was there a lifetime waiting for us in a world where I was yours?
Was it the wrong time, what if we tried giving in a little more
To the warmth we had before?

Since they were engulfed by the conversation they're having, they did not notice someone approach them, or rather Kwon Jiyong.

The woman covered his eyes and giggled. "Guess who?"

Dara observed that Yoona's whole body stilled beside her. She patted her thigh twice to catch her attention.

"Oh Jooyeon noona! We didn't know you're back!" Young Bae greeted her and made a space between him and Jiyong so Jooyeon could sit there. 

She settled herself on her seat and gave Jiyong a kiss on the cheek. Jiyong was looking down and didn't dare look at Yoona. 

"Omo Yoona-ssi! We finally meet! I can't believe it took us this long to be introduced to each other." Jooyeon extended an hand to Yoona.

Jiyong watched as the SNSD member looked at the hand she was offered and quickly spared a glance to him.

"Nice to meet you, Jooyeon-ssi." She smiled weakly. 

"When I heard that you've been hanging out with the circle, I just couldn't believe my luck that I had so much stuff to take care of! I love watching your series!"

"Thank you. I'm glad you liked it."

"Ne. I watched it with Jiyongie last year. Right, babe?"

Jiyong looked like he would rather be anywhere else in the world than to be there in that position. "Yes. It was a very good drama."

The awkwardness was unbeknownst to the others in the room except maybe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter