Chapter VIII: Transitions

A Fresh Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When my wife said that someone's drinking the good liquor, I thought it was TOP hyung." Young Bae chuckled. "To what do I owe this raiding of my good scotch?"

Jiyong took a sip of the glass of scotch he poured for himself and made a face. "This is good by your standards? Remind me to send you a bottle of what a really good scotch tastes like." 

The married Big Bang member rolled his eyes and took a seat on the couch across Jiyong's. "So? Do I have to guess or are you going to tell me?"

Dong Young Bae and Kwon Jiyong had been friends since they were kids. Most fans knew that. They've trained together under YG and debuted together. Both launched their solo careers with the other supporting on the background. They even tattooed themselves at the same time to further solidify the already solid friendship they have.

They knew each other all their lives yet the differences on their personalities are undeniable. Take their dating histories for example...

While Jiyong was getting into scandals with different models and KPOP stars, Young Bae only made news for going on one blind date with SNSD's Kwon Yuri. Aside from that singular incident, he had no relationships until Min Hyorin came into his life. One girl. Who he took straight to the altar. 

Young Bae has always been careful about his relationships unlike Jiyong who kept trying to find love in clubs and other shady places. He was there when their leader got into a fling with Wonder Girls' Sunye. He would look at GD disappointedly when he would go home to the dorms at 3 in the mornings after night outs with Kiko Mizuhara, drunk as hell and would eventually wake them all up when retching on the bathroom floor. Young Bae was there when it all ended up in break ups, accompanying his bestfriend to drink and watch helplessly as Jiyong drink and smoke his way out of his misery. 

The things is Jiyong has that similar expression on his face right now when he is nursing a break up. He was just staring at his glass of scotch, slowly swirling its contents.

"Is it Jooyeon?" Young Bae asked.

The Big Bang leader didn't answer. 

"Ji, come on. You came here to talk. So... talk."

Jiyong sighed. "It's... Yoona."

His eyes widened at the mention of the SNSD member's name and he leaned forward, interested about this turn of topic. "Yoona? Yoona from SNSD? That Yoona?"

GD shot him an annoyed look. "Yes, that Yoona! Do we know any other Yoona?"

Ahh.. the boy crush G-Dragon has for the Nation's First Love. One would think G-Dragon would never be one to follow the cliche but when it comes to this girl... 

He could still remember it. The day Kwon Jiyong was rendered speechless probably for the first time since they debuted as Big Bang. It's not that they haven't been in a show with Girls' Generation before. There was that one time Yoona and Seungri competed in a show. Or those times they did special numbers together. It was when SNSD was promoting Tell Me Your Wish that got the leader's attention. To be honest, it got the attention of the whole world probably due to the stunning visuals they were sporting at the time.

Anyway, it was at a festival they were invited to. SNSD was backstage waiting for their time to perform. Big Bang was passing by them so naturally, they exchanged pleasantries and greetings. Jiyong was the only one not paying attention because he was stretching before the performance. He accidentally knocked off Yoona's army hat.

Young Bae chuckled at the memory. "Remember that time we were at that festival and you knocked off Yoona's hat? You apologized and she noticed you had some kind of dirt near your lips and she used her saliva and finger to remove it? Remember you were just looking at her like you were in a trance and Seungri had to interfere because you look like such an idiot?"

That was the start of the crush of the century. And you know how it went.. from the casual mentions of GG on The Leaders, that 'sowoneul malhaebwa' in his rap in Seungri's Let's Talk About Love, or than reversed Coup D'etat logo that just so coincidentally reads a Y to the not so subtle ones like the infamous Strong Heart Confession and Yoona's photo just accidentally ending up on one of his MVs.

He caught the coaster that Jiyong threw his way. "I remember. I can't believe you do. Thank God Yoona doesn't."

He grinned. "Sorry. You were saying?"

"Since we're playing the memory game... remember that time I went to Lisbon and you said to be careful because meeting Yoona there is a recipe for disaster?"

It took YB a beat but he remembered and when he did he looked at his friend annoyed. "I can't wait to hear this."

And so Jiyong told him what happened. That first time when they went out just the two of them. The second time after Daesung's birthday. How it continued after that. How Yoona ended things just earlier morning.

"What the hell, man?" YB asked. He didn't know whether to be furious or to pity the man who's confessing his affair with Yoona. "Didn't it occur to you... Even just a little... Oh I don't know that you have a girlfriend or better yet if you can't keep it in your designer pants around Yoona then you should've broken up with Jooyeon first!"

"We really didn't plan this to happen. I really thought that maybe just being close to her would be fine, you know? The way that I'm close with all GG members. I mean.. Bae, you know I got this massive thing about her."

"Massive hard-on?" Young Bae interrupted.

Jiyong raised a middle finger at him. "It's been what over ten years? All those times we were at the same events, fashion shows-- Man, we were at the same cruise show that time. Remember that?"

May 2015

It was a star studded fashion show. Hollywood stars. Famous designers. Hallyu stars. All the names that matter were in the same cruise show. Big Bang's G-Dragon and Taeyang were among the attendees. 

"Look, it's SM's king and quee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter