Chapter V: The Acceptance

A Fresh Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Yoona felt Jiyong stir, she pretended to be asleep. It was too late though since he already saw her awake.

"Yoona..."

"Hmm?" She opened one eye and saw him staring at her. 

"What were you thinking about?"

Yoona stopped her little charade and sighed. She sat up straight on the bed, keeping the blanket above her chest, "What did we just do?"

Jiyong smiled at her. "Do you need a reminder of what we did?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. 

"Ya! Be serious. Have you forgotten about Jooyoen?"

He shook his head and his face was serious then. "Jooyeon and I..it's complicated."

"That really doesn't mean much.." Yoona pursed her lips and sighed. "You are still in a committed relationship with someone."

She stood up dragging the blanket with her. She started picking up the clothes that were discarded from last night's events. 

"Yoona.."

"This was a mistake, oppa. I shouldn't have stayed the night much less stayed on the same bed with you. I'm going to go now." When he made an attempt to get up from bed, she stopped him. "I can show myself out."

And so Yoona left the house, leaving Jiyong full of thoughts and one hell of a headache.

-----

"You know, maybe you should take a picture. It'll last longer." Young Bae said as he watched his best friend stare at SNSD's visual with an unreadable expression. "I warned you, Ji."

They were at an exclusive club and most of the circle were with them including half of SNSD. Yoona was across the room having a seemingly lively conversation with Dean and Bobby from iKON. 

Jiyong broke his stare at Yoona to gave a side glare to his friend. "Nah, man. I was just wondering what Dean, Bobby and Yoona could be talking about." 

"Uh huh." Young Bae just shook his head. "I heard you went out with her, just the two of you."

"Chaerin and her big mouth."

YB laughed. "It was actually TOP hyung who babbled. Anything you want to tell me about that night?"

But Jiyong was barely paying attention to Taeyang. He was still looking at the corner where the three are talking. Yoona was laughing and has her hand on Dean's arm. "I--let me get back to you on that."

With that, he stood up and made his way to the trio. "Hey, Bobby, you rascal."

"Hyung?"

"I think Jisoo was looking for you outside."

The younger star's eyes widened at the mention of his girlfriend and quickly excused himself.

Yoona was doing her best not to look at the man who interrupted a fun argument between the TV shows F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and How I Met Your Mother. It has been two weeks since that night at his house and she had managed to avoid him until now. It wasn't really that hard considering that she had the shooting for new drama. She received multiple invitations from her friends in the circle and was more than relieved that she got an excuse not to go. 

If not for Dean coaxing her to come tonight, she wouldn't have come too. She and Dean had been sending each other messages for the past two weeks but they haven't met alone yet. Both had jam-packed schedules so nothing had happened yet. 

"GD hyung! What about you-- do you prefer Monica and Chandler or Lily and Marshall?"

"Uhh, I like Phoebe the best." He answered mindlessly. "Dean, do you mind if I talk to Yoona?"

Probably sensing some sort of tension between t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter