Chapter XII: Ji Yong's Move & the Seungri Factor

A Fresh Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first thing Kwon Ji Yong did once the plane landed in Seoul was make three phone calls. He had about three hours to think about his next move during his flight. His mind kept replaying his conversation with Yoona and remembering how the twins clinged to her in that few minutes he saw his son and daughter with his own eyes.

One to Japan:

"Is this really the mighty G-Dragon? I haven't heard from you in months."

Jiyong rolled his eyes. "Three years ago. Im Yoona was on my doorstep and you turned her away. You didn't even tell me about it."

"J-ji, listen.. about that.."

There was a low growl in his voice. "You won't even be able to comprehend what you costed me by doing what you did."

"You didn't even come home that night! I was waiting for you! I thought we were spending the night together..."

"We're nothing. Not then, not now or ever. You're dead to me, Kiko."

"W-what?"

"I would avoid South Korea if I were you."

 

The second to his manager:

"You got back okay?" His manager immediately asked after answering the call.

"Yeah. Taehee hyung, listen. I need a favor..."

"Go ahead. We're a little relaxed recently."

He bit his lip. "About that.. I may need a few more days off. Maybe a month?"

There was silence on the other line. "Okay... Everything alright?"

"And another thing.. I need you to call our contacts. PDs, photographers, designers, directors.. I want Lee Jooyeon banned from any job here in Korea."

"Mwuh?! Lee Jooyeon? Your ex? Are you sure?"

Kwon Ji Yong is a humble man. He's a humble man who is aware of how much pull and power he has in the entertainment industry. "Tell them.. tell them if they want to work with me again, they'll declare Jooyeon non-hireable."

"What brought this on? Jiyong, is there anything I need to know?"

"I can't tell you at the moment."

"I have to answer to Yang Hyun Suk!"

"Let's just say.. this is me making up for the last three years. Gotta go!"

 

The third to his personal lawyer, Mr. Park.

"Mr. Park? I'm on the way to your office."

"This late?"

"I'm afraid this can't wait. I have a problem I need legal advice about."

 

"Park Min-young reported to replace Lee Jooyeon on the drama that is to hit TVN next summer.. There were no comments from the network or the producers about the replacement other than that Lee Jooyeon has suddenly become unavailable to fulfill the show. This was supposed to be Jooyeon's first drama as the lead female." Jiyong smirked at the television after hearing the results of Taehee's announcement to the entertainment world. His manager needs a raise for a quick turnabout. 

Jooyeon deserves it, he told himself. She twisted GD's mind regarding Yoona and threatened the SNSD member's reputation. He was being merciful banning Jooyeon in Korea only. With his influence, he could've banned her in Japan, States and Hong Kong as well. 

He hears the front door unlock and he crossed his legs on the couch. Just half an hour before, he opened the most expensive wine he saw in the apartment and poured himself a generous amount while waiting.

"AHH!!' Seungri screamed when he saw his hyung sitting in his living room in the dark with only the TV giving light. "JIYONG HYUNG! O my god! You almost gave me a heart attack! W-what are you doing here?"

"Please tell me you weren't in clubs. Don't you have an active case still?" 

Seungri groaned at the accusation of his wheareabouts and removed his coat as he joins Jiyong on the couch. He saw the wine on the coffee table. "Of course you opened my 1976 Pinot Noir. I was at my mother's. Seriously hyung, why are you here?"

"Maybe I just missed our dear maknae.." Jiyong calmly set down his wine glass and faced Seungri. "Or maybe, you have something you need to tell me and I'm giving you a chance to do so before I kill you."

Seungri shifted on his seat and started avoiding the leader's eye contact. "T-tell you s-something?" He laughed uncomfortably. "I d-don't know w-what you're talking a-about."

"Lee Seunghyun. Are you sure?"

"H-hyung..."

"I was at Jeju yesterday to visit my parents. Want to guess who I saw there?"

The maknae's eyes widened. "Y-you know?"

"How dare you keep this from me, Lee Seunghyun?!"

Seungri of course, begged for forgiveness and ended up telling him the story of how he knew about Yoona's pregnancy.

One and a half years ago...

"N-neh, I'll be staying in South Korea while the investigation is on going....... I got it..... Yes, thank you." Seungri sighed as he ended the call with this lawyer. It was just yesterday that he announced his retirement and his resignation from Big Bang. Everything is just sinking in.

His life is going down the drains. He should've listened to his hyungs. They have warned him time and time again about getting into business with sleazy men. He admits that he has been blindsided by the limelight. And perhaps he might not say it out loud, it was pride that he was good at something his hyungs weren't good at. 

He doesn't know what will happen to him. A lot of his so-called friends have already blocked him not wanting to be dragged into his scandal. He was embarrassed to approach the other members since they are also getting negatively affected by the news. Of course, the four has reached out to him and offered help but he just shrugged them off out of pride and guilt.

He saw his phone lit up again, not expecting to see Yoona's name on the caller ID. He hadn't seen much of her after Maldives. He had already suspected something happened to make her leave early. Something with his leader, GD. He only assumes that because of how they have interacted with each other in the past and that GD was undeniably grumpy after Maldives.

Everything related to the circle was not good after Maldives

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter