Chapter XIV: Home

A Fresh Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's not that surprising that the twins had been quite taken by Kwon Jiyong. After a week, they were excited for his visits that Yoona can use it as a way to make them bathe faster, dress faster and behave better.

Haneul bonds with him through art. It seems that Haneul inherited Jiyong's powerful creativity. They now have a sketchbook that doubles as a comic book. It was a fantasy story about the dragon protecting the princess from evil elves. It was quite a doozy of a story.

Daejji is just happy whenever Jiyong's around. He takes seriously the girl's tea parties and patiently sits down to watch her ballet performances in the cottage's living room. He doesn't complain when she puts a tiara on his head but was also happy when she makes him pretend to be a dragon riding him around the garden like a princess while Haneul and Joon chase them all over the place.

What annoys Jiyong though is that in the one month that he had been spending time with the twins, they still call him Mr. Dragon. Not Uncle. Not Daddy or appa. Just Mr. Dragon. 

With Yoona, they have fallen in a comfortable routine after some time. After the twins' classes with the private tutor they got, the two adults (sometimes joined by Dara and Min Ho) would sit down for coffee or tea while they wait for the kids to wake up from their afternoon nap. While they are on friendly terms, neither of them has mentioned the past. They are both blissfully pretending to be okay, as if the twins were conceived in a much more pleasant circumstance. Yoona and GD's relationship is at best 'just okay'. 

Dami visited as well during that month carrying the dress that they made for Daejji and a new set of coloring materials for the artistic Haneul.

"It's yellow!" Daejji squealed, twirling around, happy with the daisy prints on the dress. She didn't take it off for three days.

Just like that, the Jiyong's month-long off ended. His heart inevitably tied to the twins.

"I have to be back in Seoul on Monday." Jiyong said one afternoon while the kids were taking their nap.

Yoona nodded. "I have nothing scheduled for next week so I'll be here with the kids."

"Hyun Suk hyung wants to talk to me first thing."

"Oh." Yoona bit the inside of . She knew what that means. While she had no choice but to tell her superiors back when she got pregnant, a three-year old secret might not be received well by the YG boss.

He drummed his fingers on the table, choosing his words carefully. "I'd have to tell them."

"I understand." She really doesn't know what would happen but she's glad that everything is getting out in the open. All the secrecy has been taking a toll on her. "Tell him everything you need to tell."

Jiyong didn't answer but only looked longingly at the kids' room. 

Yoona's phone rang and she answered it, Jessica videocalling her.

"Hey unni," Yoona waved at her and showed her phone to Jiyong. "Jiyong-ssi's here."

Ji gave Sica a nod.

"Hey GD!"

They have gotten acquainted for the past month since Jessica tended to visit the twins with her beau Donghae. Jiyong was not happy to find out that his kids were calling Donghae 'appa'. 

"So? How was the meeting?!" Yoona asked excitedly.

"There are still a few things we're negotiating but I think we'll be right on schedule."

Jiyong listened quietly as the two continued their conversation. It seems like Jessica was back in South Korea and is conducting business. What kind of business it was they didn't mention. 

When Yoona ended the call, she looked at him and straightened the way she was sitting. "I might have some news.. nothing's sure yet but I'll let you know once I know more."

He raised an eyebrow, curious to what the news may be.

The Monday Jiyong met with the YG boss, he called Yoona practically bouncing as he left Hyun Suk's office.

"Ji? Is everything okay? How did Hyun Suk sajangnim took the news?"

He smiled. "Better than I expected I guess. Much better. I think he was just relieved it wasn't some random model."

Jiyong wasn't really one to beat around the bush so he told the news to his boss right after he sat down. YG sat blinking silently at his most profitable artist before clearing his throat and offering him a congratulations. Jiyong was able to explain that it was their intention to keep the kids from public knowledge. Considering he and Yoona aren't even together, it shouldn't even be a speculation to anyone.

Yoona sighed a breath of relief. "Oh thank God. I was on edge the entire morning."

He didn't mention to Yoona the fact that YG already is considering a contingency plan in case the media or the public gets wind of SNSD Yoona and Big Bang's G-Dragon's love child(ren). Right at this very moment, representatives from YG are getting in touch with reps from SMEnt to collaborate on their contingency plans. Yoona didn't need to worry about that. "How's Daejji and Haneul?"

"Whining. They have a mutual hatred for learning numbers." Yoona rolled her eyes. "Haneul, stop that! You listen to Teacher Mia please! Daejji's looking for you. Something about Snow White?"

He mentally took note of that. He asked Daejji what princess she wants him to get next. "Hyung also gave me more free time. I have to take care of some things here in Seoul. I might not be back for two weeks."

"Alright,"

"But.. do you mind if I video call the kids later?"

Yoona smiled, happy that atleast he was still interested in talking with the kids. "Sure. Call anytime you want."

"And this one for Mr. Dragon." Daejji handed him a cup of tea. "Dara umma, you have to hold it like this!" 

Dara apologized and raised a pinky as she held on the mini cup of tea. The two were babysitting the kids while Yoona flew to Seoul for work.

As Daejji busies herself with preparing the toy pastries, she faced Jiyong. "Heard you told sajangnim about the twins. When I told him about Joon, he was actually happy I was weirded out."

"That reminds me, noona! I still can't believe you didn't tell me you have a kid." Jiyong pouted. "I thought you love me."

"Aigoo, don't give me that face! Minji and Chaerin already gave me a hard time because I told them after I gave birth. Of course I wanted to tell you. If you weren't such an --"

"Dara umma, I heard that!" Daejji gasped.

"Mianhae, Daejji!" Dara lowered her voice then. "If you weren't such an and handled the way you handled things after Maldives, you might have known about little Joon way back then."

"I know, I know. I have an award

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter