Unexpected Meeting : Season Festival & Internship

UNEXPECTED MEETING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13 The Spring Festival is finally here. I’m at university since dawn. In fact I’m here since two days ago. I barely sleep, but I don’t mind. I need to be busy to keep my mind away from thinking of specific person. I’m pathetic, I know, but I just can’t help myself for yearning at her. No mater how much pain she cause me before..

Thank God because the amount of work I take, even it took toll on my body, it help me to stay insane. The festival is a huge success. The compliment come from everywhere, and I can’t help but feel proud that our hard work is pay off. They love our performance, they amazed by our musicality, they praise our students talent, the stage, the food, they even praise our outfit!  We feel like we at the top of the world, this festival no doubt become  one of the best university event project this year,  and of course we thanks SME for generously letting us using their money so everything work as we plan. They pioneer of South Korea Entertainment for reason.

I supposed to help at back stage for next performance but get push away by Lee Hyori and few other student to rest instead. They said I look very pale and beg me to at least take something to eat before come back there. So here I am, standing near the box ticket, drinking my second served of Boba Tea, my eyes been scanning every person that walking through the front gate since twenty minutes ago, but I end up just sigh in disappointed once I realize that the person I’ve been looking for is not here.

I can’t believe after what I’ve been through recently, I still dare to have hope in my heart that Jessica will come to the festival. I know she never promise me to actually come here, but my silly heart can’t help but wish that she magically appear in front of me. Only God knows what she thinking, for all I know she might be with Yuri planning for their next sweet gateway. I sigh bitterly once the thought cross my mind. I still remember the last words Yuri said to me right after she drop me at station that night. It still fresh in my mind, how cold her voice was.

“ Stay away from Jessica. “

It was short and to the point. It's so her. I remember I want scream to her face and ask her to go herself, but all I can do is just watch her car disappear in corner of street while feeling like piece of . I hate myself for let anyone belittle me, but at same time I think its best for me to stay away from them.

I took a huge amount of breath once the memory invaded my mind, after I throw the empty cup of my Boba Tea, I decide that its miracle if Jessica ever coming, so I just shrug my shoulder and ready back to my friends. That’s when someone calling my name.

“ Taeyeon! “

I turn around so quickly and feel my heart leap for moment with hope, but crush right away once I see who running to me from front gate. “ Fany..? “ I furrowed my eyebrows confusedly.  Why is she here..?

“ Hi! Wow this place is huge. “ she said once she finally arrived in front of me, out of breath and very sweaty.

“ You okay? “ I ask amusingly, watching her hold onto one side of her stomach while rising her other hand to let her breath for moment. “ Yeah. I am.. good.. just need an air.. “

My lips curl upwards as I patiently let her take her moment before asking more further question. “ So..? “ I still wait for her explanation as we now walking to the ticket box.

“ So.. “ she paused for second as she took her purse to pay the ticket but I quickly shook my head and grab it for her instead. “ Its free. Its on me. “ I give her the ticket and she replied me with her famous eyes smiling.  “ So Jessica send me here. “ she inform me as we walking around the festival.

“ Oh.. “ I don’t know what to say or react at the news, so I just let myself goes into silence. I have a lot things in my mind but Tiffany quickly vanished it by her next sentences.

“ She have a sudden schedule today. She can’t back out. She try, you know, she said she promise a friend to attend some festival.. “ Tiffany told me and I nod my head, feel little bit better after listen Tiffany's story. “ So she sent me to said apologize to you. “

“ She don’t have to.. “ I mumbling softly and feeling little bit warm in heart at her attempt to going here.

“ Of course, but you should see how sad she was when she know she have schedule today and beg me to come to you instead because she said she don’t have your number to call or text you personally. “ Tiffany blurt out the words so fast and makes me snickering listening to her rambling.

“ Thank you for coming though.. “ she scoffed after heard my words. “ Yeah right, seriously, is something happen between you two? “ she curiously eyed me.

“ Nothing.. “ I answer without looking at her, but she knows right away and groan frustratedly. “ I told you right, you and her is different.. “ she start her speech. “ You might get hurt a lot, either because her schedule, because the media, her fans.. “ Tiffany sigh before continue. “ I know you Tae, are you sure you want have someone like her in your life..? “

I quietly listening to Tiffany’s words, the event from night before with Jessica flash in my head. She’s right, I do get hurt, me and her is from totally different world, I know, my head know that for sure. Logically, I should go, save me from another emotional break down, but trying to tell that to my stubborn heart, it want Jessica. That’s all. “ I just following my heart Fany ah.. “ I said to her and she just give me a sad smile and pats on my arm as support.

“ Well, enough about your sappy love story, now can you show me the food court area cause I’m starving! “ I’m laughing at the way she change subject and I happily lead her there.

“ Wait is that Krystal? “ Tiffany squint her eyes when she caught Krystal stand few meter away from us. “ I didn’t know she student here. “ she said as she rise her hand and wave it to her.

Krystal widen her eyes once she finally recognize Tiffany and quickly make a beeline towards us.“ You know she Jessica little sister right? “ Tiffany told me and I had to grimace as I nod my head. “ Yup.. I know. “ in harsh way, I add inside my head as I smiling to see Tiffany get engulf in big huge by the little Jung.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter