Unexpected Meeting : University Life

UNEXPECTED MEETING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 I lost my will and mood to go to class after what just happened. So I end up at convenience store to buy pack of beer and soju. I need something to make me loose a little bit before facing my grandma.

“ Unnie “ Yoona still following me around, but I really don’t have mood to do anything with her. I’m not mad at her, she try to help me before Yuri completely shut her down, but I feel like if she was not being completely idiot today, I might be in class now, doing my assignment, my grandma rest peacefully at home without getting fired and Jessica Jung do whatever she's gonna do without bruised lips. I sigh as I stop at the drinking area, thinking which kind of soju or beer that can easily make me drunk.

“ Unn— “

“Not now Yoong. “ I cut her word as I decide to grab pack of soju with blueberry flavor. I heard Yoona groaning frustrated beside me. “ Look unnie I know you are mad—“

“ I’m not. “

“ Whatever. “ she cut me fast then follow me to cashier, “ You obviously mad at me, but seriously, since when you drink soju??? “

I ignore her and get into the line, but Yoona does not giving up. “ Unnie stop acting like a child! “

“ Oh I, acting like child? Me?? “ I turn to her and ask with mocking tone, “ I’m sorry but as I remember today, it was you who acted like a child and  got us into trouble. Its was YOU, who made me getting fired, its was YOU who made my grandma lose her job. “ I lost control and just say everything in my head without realize it might hurt Yoona’s feeling, but all I see she just looking at me with guilty face. “ I’m sorry Yoong.. I just.. “

“ Its okay unnie.. “ Yoona give me small smile before come closer to me, “ I know I’m the one to blame, but  I promise I will fix everything. “

I smile at her attempt to cheers me up, and can’t help but feeling bless that I have friend like her in my life. “ But seriously unnie, soju? “ Yoona give me judging eyes as she sees me about to pay the soju in my hand.

“ Fine, I’m not gonna buy that. “ I said in give up manner and walk back to drinking area. “ Awesome, now I have better thing than soju. “ Yoona then gone from my side for moment and back with giant tub of ice cream in her hand.

“ Ice cream? “ I look at her in disbelief, she indeed a child who got trapped in grown up woman's body. 

“ Oh yeah baby!  “ she said excitedly as we both now get back into line at cashier. “ Now tell me unnie, your place or mine? “

I chuckled  and we decide to have an ice cream party at her house instead mine. I mean, Yuri is still in London and I still need time before I could face my grandma after all.

+++

 

“ I’m going to class Grandma. “ I told my grandma who is currently in kitchen, as I open the front door, but I only receive short ‘yes’ as respond. I sigh before I let myself out and begin my walk to bus station. Its been three days since I break the news to her and all she is been giving me since is cold shoulder. Like I’m not even there and I hate that feeling. I know she is trying to punish me but I feel being neglected. My grandma never did that to me before, no matter what mistake I did, but I guess I push her limit.

I sigh again, put my hand inside my hoodie's pocket and start walking, being careless about what's around. Today is one of a cold day, not many people in street, lucky to me because I don’t need to standing for 20 minutes inside the crowded bus like usual.

I start to gain my pace as I see my bus is waiting, but before I could reach it someone blocked my way and makes me almost collided onto their body but thank God I have such a good reflex. 

“ I’m sorry, I’m about to— “ I start apologizing but that person cut my word short.

“ Taeyeon.. “

My ears perks up when I hear the familiar voice. Its been so long, and I can’t help but feel nostalgic at the way she called me. Slowly, my eyes going up and meet the face that once become the center of my life.

Tiffany Hwang.

“ Hi. “ I replied shortly because I honestly don’t know what to do or say at the moment. Her appearances at the hotel before is surprise me, but since I got a lot in my hand at that time I almost forget about the fact that she’s back. “ What you doing here, Tiffany…? “ I ask her confused after we just stare each other in silent for seconds.

“ Oh nothing, I just walk around the neighborhood, get some coffee from usual.. cafe, and I apparently bump into you here. “ she explains in a flash as if she is been practicing the words before over and over, then give me a small smile.

The side of my lips drew upward a little, that so her, glad after all this time she still same person I knew before. “ How’s Grandm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter