Unexpected Meeting : A Deal

UNEXPECTED MEETING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21 Jessica’s POV

I arrived back home with physical and mentally drain from all unexpected even that happen in twenty four hour. Never been this tired, not even when I’m on my tour. I don’t want think anything at moment beside lay on my bed and fall asleep, but of course, something must hinder me from doing what I want the most. Is like all universe against me. “ Jung Sooyeon. I need to speak with you. Now. “ I heard my father’s voice command me from living room and I have stop myself not to groan and cursing out loud. The last thing I want at moment is face him. He give me enough headache already, what he want more?

“ What do you want? “ I ask him quickly once I step into the living room. He sit himself in her favorite couch near the window. There’s a cup of tea and newspaper in small table beside him, its his routine. He always read newspaper every evening before dinner. My father, Jung Woo Sung, is one of people who still choose reading newspaper instead going online on phone. Something that I have to admit makes me little bit respect him. Only a bit, the other good thing unfortunately, shadowing by his controversy action. Guess who makes me involve with the whole thing in first place? Him.

My father seems unfazed with my tone and just look at me with his small and cold black eyes. “ I heard the news. Is it true? “

“ What news? “ I pretend to not know what he talking about so maybe, for once, he can see the light and forget about his revenge to the Kwon.

“ Don’t play with me Sooyeon. You know exactly what I mean. “ he hissed and I flinch little bit by his cold tone. Closing my eyes, I finally give the answer he want. “ Yes I heard. It just hoax, Yuri still running for the CEO position this summer. “ I said the rehearse word that Yuri told me. We don’t want alarm him anything, his focus should still at Yuri for time being. We can’t let him know that the truth about Taeyeon.

I open my eyes only to see his piercing eyes still on me. I returned his gazed with my own cold eyes. My heart beat like crazy but there’s no way I will let him know that. Its more than enough he control my life, I don’t want he control myself too. “ If Yuri say so. “ he finally throw his gazed to side, and resume his activity, completely ignoring me. I bite my lips hard to stop myself from crying and quickly turn around to run to my room. I can’t stand be in same room with him any longer. He no longer my father, he a monster.

With the sleepiness long gone, I decide to take warm bath instead. Filling the tub with warm water, I slowly dip myself inside and try to relax. For almost twenty minutes I let myself be free from everything. My body might slowly response and as it become more calming, unfortunately my head refuse to do it. My brain keep running around into one person. Kim Taeyeon.

Truthfully, falling in love with her is never in my agenda. When I agree with Yuri to help my situation with my father and be part of her plan, I only see her as escape door, but who knows the awkward and quiet person like her success find way into my heart which I guard with thousand ice. Love always find way even in strangest place. Its true and I never regret to be in love with her.

But everything is not as simple as before now. Not when my father is planning to take down the heir of Kwon. Not when Yuri busy protect her family from him. Not when I involve with everything in first place. I can’t and won’t imagine what will happen if Taeyeon knows.. I shake my head in denial before let myself sink in water and pray that everything is suddenly clear, but who am I kidding, the only thing that clear is that I jeopardize Taeyeon more than before. I wish I can turn time and be more brave, maybe we not in this deep with all of this .

 

[flashback]

I have to run away from the room to able calm myself. This is bull. The engagement is to strength both of family bond, they said, but I know better, this is all just one of games that my father playing to take revenge on his old pal, Kwon Sang Hyun. He think if I married Yuri, their heir, it will be more easy to take them down from inside. I can’t believe that my own father put me in this situation. I also can’t believe to let myself willingly to involve in this . I’m so disappointed in myself.

“ Hey, you okay? “ I heard voice coming from behind me and I take a peek from my shoulder only to see the least person I want to talk at moment. Kwon Yuri. My soon to be fiancé. “ Fine don’t answer me. I just come here to say that I also disagree with this proposal. “

Now she got my attention. I turn my head to see her who now stand beside me, a red wine glowing inside the glass that she hold. “ I know what your father try to do Jessica. “ she continue once she see me doesn’t give any respond to her. “ Like me, you also the victim our parents past. You can choose to walk away, but here you are, so I salute you for your braveness. “ she rise her glass slightly before emptying the wine inside. Whole this time I just stare at her, trying figu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter