Unexpected Meeting : Better Late Than Never

UNEXPECTED MEETING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17Jessica's POV
I don’t understand why my eyes keep stealing glance towards the staff room outside, instead trying to concentrate to meeting that I’ve been attend since an hour ago. Believe me I’m trying to focus to this boring monthly meeting but its hard when something or rather someone, keep distract me. 

The main reason of course is her. The short, small, dorky girl who currently talking and laughing with my own sister. No, I’m not jealous. I’m mean I’m the one who walk away. I’m the one who convince her that the idea of me and her together is dangerous. I’m the one who keep thinking about her since that night at her house. So nope, I’m not jealous, but God damn, should they sit so close like that?! Ugh.. I rolled my eyes as I try not to scoffed too loudly when I saw how my sister casually tuck some strain hair behind Taeyeon’s ear. That shorty must be enjoy all the attention. I heard she pretty popular as intern around the office. I even heard some members from Red Velvet, a very popular girl group from my company, actually trying ask Sunny to make Taeyeon as one of their vocal director. Unbelievable!

If I think again, sometimes I wonder if she actually mean every words she said to me before. That she choose me as her favorite singer. That she like me.. that she love me.. I close my eyes when the memory rushing back to the back of my head. Is it only act to win my heart? If it is, well, she success, she just don’t know yet, and if she keep being flirty to every other girl that breathing, I will make sure she will never know it!

I unconsciously grasp hard the pen that I’ve been hold to the point almost break it if someone doesn’t call my name.

“ Jessica? Are you okay? “ I shift my eyes to the person who currently sit beside me, a smirk is on her lips.

I sigh before giving her bored look. “ If I said its not of your business, will I get fired? “ I  told her in monotone voice but that only makes her chuckles instead. She’s annoying but for some reason me and her become little bit closer lately. Maybe its because she provide me about something that I’m dying to know, Taeyeon.

“ If you talk so smartly like that, why don’t you use it to that midget over there once and while. “ she said back in low tone as her head nod towards the staff room, a smug smile is draw widely on her face now.

I glance once again towards the mentioning room as another sigh come out from my lips. “ You know why. “ I told Yoona shortly as my eyes back to front, trying focus to whatever Lee Soo Man talking about at moment.

I heard scoffed from girl beside me and all I wish at moment is to smack her empty yet pretty head to make her quiet. “ Why? Because you’re Yuri’s fiancé now? “ she mockingly said to me. “ Please tell me its not the reason cause that obviously a bull. “

I gave her warning glare but she only shrug her shoulder casually before continue talk lowly. “ Jess, everyone knows you and Yuri just an act. I think even your fans already crack the code. The only one who still live in bubble is you and Yuri. “

My eyes is now fixated on the pen on my hand. I try ignore Yoona’s words but who am I kidding, when all she said was true. “ Seriously Jess “ Yoona move closer to me, she doesn’t stop yet. “ What did Yuri do to you, till you agree play her little game? “ I clenched and unclenched  my jaw, trying not to look at her. “ You know I might help you.. “ I finally give her attention after she said the last words, smile is already gone from her face, it replace with worry and sincere eyes instead.

I’m hesitating, my lips now is like a fish that go out of water, close and open without any sound come out. I’m obviously taken back and don’t know what to say at her sudden offer. Yoona sigh when seeing me become speechless. “ Look I actually don’t care about your love life, but somehow it affect Taeyeon unnie, a lot. She become depress lately and I don’t like it. “

“ She seems fine to me. “ I quickly cut her after glance at the girl, she was dancing funnily to something from popular video games while her friend clapping and laughing at her act.

“ Its her way to cope. “ Yoona told me with sad tone. “ Believe me I know her well, that midget unnie is master at covering her real feeling. “

“ What do you want me to do? All eyes is on me, I can’t be reckless.. am I? “

“ I’ll think of something but when the moment come, promise me you at least try to talk to her? “

I can’t say anything so I just nod my head instead. Yoona seems satisfied with my response as her attention is back to the meeting, but not with me, how can I when my head is still full of that midget..?.

Oh Taeyeon, what did you do to me..?  

+++

 

 

“ Soojung ah, I’m waiting at car okay? “ I told my sister Krystal when I walking pass the staff room. Its been our routine to drive home together every time I able clear my schedule fast and today is one of that rare day. Krystal was talking to Yoona and some of her other friend when I walk by.

“ I can’t unnie. “ she told me as she walk closer. “ Its last day of internship and Yoona sunba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter