Unexpected Meeting : First Meeting

UNEXPECTED MEETING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 I've  never like waking up in the morning, but for some reason my eyes force to open always in early time. Like today, I woke up at 5 am and spend almost 2 hour just staring at my plain white ceiling before I heard my grandma call my name from next room.

I gave her short respond as I grab my shirt, which is not part of my sleeping attire, and put it on my way to her room. Later, I immediately rush in and approach my grandma who sit on the side of her bed, looks very weak and sick.

“ Grandma are you okay? Did your back hurt again? “ I ask her and grab the ointment that grandma always use before apply it on her back gently. She was only responded with softly groan every time my hand pressing specific place on her back. Its been a year she have this back pain. It started when she accidentally fell, at her work place. Yes my grandma still working at her age. She almost 60 years old, she supposed to retired, but she's so stubborn and said who will pay for my college if she stop working?

I told her I can always do part time job and class at same time, but like I said she's stubborn.

“ Grandma stay home today will you? Get rest, I will make something for you, wait here. “ I get up to make her breakfast but she stop me.

“ I have early schedule today Taeyeon and I can’t take day off because I already take mine last week. “ she told me, slowly get up from her seat and I groan disapprovingly at her reason.

“ Well, take it again then. “ I said back to her. “ You know let me call- “

“ No. “ grandma gave me a warning look when she saw me holding my phone. “ You won’t call anyone, look Taeyeon I will be fine, don’t worry much about me honey, that’s my job to you, not other way around. “ she chuckles as she pats my left cheek lovingly before trying to walking to bathroom, but only few steps she suddenly hissed in pain and reach the near wall to lean on.

“ Grandma! “ I quickly reach then assist her back to the bed. “ Look, I don’t care what your boss told you, but you have rest today and its final. “ I said to her once she lay down on her bed.

“ But I can’t lost the job Taeyeon.. “ she give me pleading look and I give her small smile to make sure that I get her point. “ I’ll think a way. “ I said to her before close walking out of her room. I have to make few calls today.

+++

 

 “ So, what happen to Wonder Woman today? “

I smile at the remark that Lee Seu-Geun gives for my grandma and proceed to read to do list of her schedule today.  Lee Seu-Geun is grandma’s co-worker. His position is above my grandma, he has 20 peoples report to him everyday, including her. He’s a nice person, he helps me and my grandma a lot before, like he is today. Yes, my ‘wonderful’ idea to help my grandma is to replace her in her work. I do it several time before and she never know.

“ Its her back pain again, Seu-Geun sshi. “ I told him as I open my grandma’s locker to put my bag, then wear the uniform that hanging inside the locker.

“ Why don’t  you just replace her here? I can pull something so you can work below me. “ I chuckles at his idea, I told you he a nice guy, right? “ And what? Let her kick my even before I can ask help? “ Seu-Geun laugh at my respond as we both know that it might exactly what my grandma do if she know I did her job instead going to class, like right now.

“ Look Taeyeon, the room you are going to clean today is VVIP room and belong to VIP guest. “ Lee Seu-Geun gives me some briefing before I start my job. Just incase I didn't  mention it before, my grandma is working as Cleaning Service at one of biggest hotel in Seoul. She is one of senior at her job, she works very diligently and professional, that’s why Seu-Geun  and other fellow co-worker respect her so much. But that’s my grandma, me apparently just average worker, so I understood if Seu-Geun give me more instructions than before. “ And always remember Taeyeon, don’t let anyone see you there. “ Seu-Geun said at his end of speech before give me the VVIP's room key.

I pushed the trolley that full with cleaning stuffs into the elevator and feel more nervous than the other day. Maybe its because VVIP room with VIP guest, the pressure was little bit high.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter