Unexpected Meeting : Fireflies

UNEXPECTED MEETING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 I take Jessica towards Kwon’s backyard. There’s a green house that fill with flowers about 50 meters from the house, but I keep walking then took the small path that lead us to the lake.

Kwon’s family built a dock at the lake when Yuri and Yoona were still 4 years old. Yuri loves to swim. She’s good at it. While Yoona loves to play around the lake. When Yoona took me there for the first time, I can’t help but jealous at her. The lake was surrounded by mountain and pine forest, it looks like small paradise with its green clear water. What a beautiful sight and place to live.

“ Come on, we need take the canoe to cross the lake. “ I said as I undo the rope that tied the small canoe on the dock. This whole time Jessica only looking at me curiously. “ I’m not gonna ride that. “ she said as she shook her head hard.

“ Its save I swear, Me and Yoona use it so many times. “ I try to convince her as I get into the canoe to support my argument “ See, I’m still alive, come here, come on. “  I as I stretch my hand so she can hold on to it but Jessica seems very hesitant. I sigh, this plan might be ruin if she not willingly join me. “ Come on Sica, there’s nothing to be afraid of, I’m here. “

“ Have you seen Lake Placid? or Friday the 13th? Both of movie set in lake. “ she give me a ridiculous reason, I almost laugh if not seeing how serious is she when said that.

I get off the canoe boat and go to her as I holding my smile, she acting very cute at moment “ Well first, it just a movie and second I swear to you I’ve been swimming in this lake for longest time, and I never seen any crazy killer or alligator, well except Yoona. “ I laugh at my own joke but Jessica just gave me judging look.

I took a step closer to her and at my last attempt to convince her, my hand reach her hair and caress it lightly as I spoke very clearly yet softly while I look into her eyes, “ I’ll protect you. “ I smile as she finally give in and let me  slowly pull her into the canoe boat.

After about 7  minutes, we finally arrived at another side of  lake. I carefully tied the boat on the dock before looking at Jessica excitingly. “ Let’s have bit more walking. “ Jessica groan at the idea of doing more exercises but once I gently pull her hand with mine, she quietly following me.

After a minute walk in a comfortable silence, we finally arrived at the place. It’s actually just an ordinary small field with wild flower and grass around. What makes it extraordinary is the amount of fireflies that fly and surrounded the field. Wherever you take your eyes, there’s small light flying around. I grin widely before take a deep breath of the air around. The smell of night, with wind gently blows, never fail to makes me calm.

“ Taeyeon.. this is beautiful. “ I heard Jessica exhale beside me and I turn to look at her who stare at the fireflies field with an awe. “ I’ve never seen fireflies this much. I even thought they’re extinct already. “ she said as she stretch her hand and let one of fireflies land on her ring finger. Slowly Jessica pull her hand closer to her face to examine the little wonder.

“ Its hard to see them in the city, but if you go to right place, they’re pretty easy to found. “ I explain while smiling and let us drawn in comfortable silence. After awhile, I glance at the watch on my right wrist, its almost 6 am in morning. No wonder the fireflies become less and less every minute. “ Hey, I think we should heading back, the sun is about to come out. “ I said to her.

Jessica nods and after she release the firefly on her hand, we walk back to the dock and ready to cross the lake. We were in middle of the lake when the ruler of the day finally appears, the sight is so beautiful that let me can’t help but stop to admire it. “ Good morning Sica.. “ I said and turn to her, a wide smile showing on my face. Jessica chuckles at my random act but decide to follow along “ Good morning Taeyeon.. “ she reply me with gentle smile appear on her face.

After that, like hypnotize, we just stare lovingly to each other, smile still draw in our faces as we slowly decrease our distance, but before anything happen, a phone rings and ruin the moment. I groan inwardly as I take it out  from my pocket. What a great timing!

“ Hello? “ still flustered by the recent moment, I answer the phone without looking who’s calling and the voice on other line makes me frown suddenly “ Yes Yoong, Jessica is here.. What do you mea— fine, we both fine, we on the way home now, jeez relax… “ I hang up the phone and turn to Jessica who watch with curious face. “ We need to go back now. They’re looking for you. “ I told her as I quickly back paddling the canoe. I hope everything is okay.

When we arrived at Kwon’s Residence, we were welcomed by police at the front door. I look around and suddenly feel bit worry. Did something happen while we’re away? Me and Jessica walked inside the living room where Tiffany, Yuri and Yoona gather together with worry display on their face.

“ Jessica! Taeyeon! “ Tiffany is the first one who notice us.

“ Hey, what happen? Why there’s poli— “ the rest of my words gone by the sound of slapping of Yuri’s hand meet my right cheek. A gasp followed by intense silence comes after it. I stunned by the sudden turn event and feel the taste of blood forming from my lips as the pain come.

What the hell..

“ How dare you.. “ Yuri’s voice sounds trembling at every word she said “ How dare you gone without notice.. do you know how much trouble you cause by it..? “

I clenched my jaw and straighten my body, eyes lock with Yuri, I’m not gonna back down this time, if she think she scared me, she’s wrong. “ Can someone explain to me what happen? “ I ignore Yuri question and coldly asking the other instead.

“ Tiffany woke up and panicking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter