Nervous

convergence • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol sat close to Baekhyun on the couch. He wasn't even sure why. Why didn't I sit in the armchair? He shifted nervously as he felt the heat between them. There was an undeniable tension in the air. It filled Chanyeol's lungs, thick and oppressive, making him nervous. Why am I so nervous?

He cleared his throat and began to speak. He was relieved to find his tension lessened a little. "So... Your first two days have gone well?" Baekhyun nodded. "And you haven't had any trouble from the boys?" Baekhyun shook his head. Chanyeol had a million questions before he sat down. Now they were impossible to grasp. He was so distracted by Baekhyun's face. Chanyeol's eyes wandered, following his straight nose down to his soft pink lips, and back up to deep brown irises that sparkled like they held all the secrets of the universe. Chanyeol was staring but he couldn't help it. He was drowning. Baekhyun saved him by looking away. He reached over for his coffee and took a sip. Baekhyun did the same.

Baekhyun tried to keep his breathing steady. He could feel the tension between them. His crush was out of control. When Chanyeol stopped talking and stared into his eyes he held his gaze for as long as he could. It broke him. He had to look away. He began to ramble nervously to fill the replete silence. "I made the lunchboxes today. There wasn't anything to fold but I did the uniforms too. I also made dinner again and left you a plate, I guessed that you ate last nights, so my cooking didn't kill you." He giggled nervously.

The heavy silence remained so Baekhyun continued. "We went to the park again. I packed some fruit and they played for ages. We climbed a big tree. Jaehyun was scared at first but look!" Baekhyun grabbed his phone out and opened the pictures. He showed Chanyeol the photos of the twins, grinning and making faces, perched in the fork of the tree. "He did it! Taeyong and I encouraged him and he was so proud of himself. I was going to send the pictures to you at work but....." Baekhyun didn't know how to end the sentence.

Chanyeol took the phone from his hand. He scrolled through the photos and smiled as he looked at them. "You didn't show me this one!" He laughed at the photo of Baekhyun and the boys pulling faces at the camera. The next one was Baekhyun and the twins smiling sweetly as they perched in the tree. "I'll send them to my phone." Chanyeol said as he quickly selected a few and hit the airdrop button. He handed the phone back to Baekhyun.

"I didn't send them to you, well, mainly because I don't know the rules. Am I allowed to take their picture? Are we allowed to climb trees? And what time is bedtime? I've just been putting them down at 7pm." Words tumbled out of Baekhyun's mouth. Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter